How are you feeling today?
(3rd March 2021, 9:06 AM)Janelle Wrote: Good morning, all! I'm feeling well rested and ready for my day. I've started journaling every day some positive thoughts to get my day started with a mentally healthy mindset. I very much recommend it for you guys Tongue

How're ya'll?

Horrible. I'm stressed and I'm anxious 😔
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle
(3rd March 2021, 10:12 AM)Ashley766 Wrote: Horrible. I'm stressed and I'm anxious 😔

Oh no.. Frown 
Exams take a lot out of you, they are just so taxing. However it's almost over right? I believe you can do excellent on all of them! My only recommendation at the moment, don't overwork / overstress yourself out. I know it's easier said than done, but everyone needs little breaks here and there. Even if it may seem like you are unable to, try your best to take an hour or 2 to rest or take your mind off it. Are you able to sleep the nights okay? Or do you find yourself sleeping late or waking up in the middle of the night due to it? Having a good sleep helps with it too.

I do hope you get out of this mess okay though. We'll be cheering you on. Smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeppy For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Janelle, Lambdadelta
Heart 
(3rd March 2021, 1:06 PM)Zeppy Wrote: Oh no.. Frown 
Exams take a lot out of you, they are just so taxing. However it's almost over right? I believe you can do excellent on all of them! My only recommendation at the moment, don't overwork / overstress yourself out. I know it's easier said than done, but everyone needs little breaks here and there. Even if it may seem like you are unable to, try your best to take an hour or 2 to rest or take your mind off it. Are you able to sleep the nights okay? Or do you find yourself sleeping late or waking up in the middle of the night due to it? Having a good sleep helps with it too.

I do hope you get out of this mess okay though. We'll be cheering you on. Smile

Yeah, my last midterm is this weekend. I'm only taking 2 classes so I don't stress myself out too much. I definitely need breaks, that's why I'm not on discord as much this week. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off to study! Thank you so much🤗🤗. I'm so glad there's a safe place where I can vent where I need to  Heart
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Zeppy
Heart 
(3rd March 2021, 1:13 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Yeah, my last midterm is this weekend. I'm only taking 2 classes so I don't stress myself out too much. I definitely need breaks, that's why I'm not on discord as much this week. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off to study! Thank you so much🤗🤗. I'm so glad there's a safe place where I can vent where I need to  Heart

That's great! I'm glad you are trying your best to take it easy on yourself. And you're very welcome! 😄
(4th March 2021, 2:00 AM)Mystery Wrote: Best of luck with your midterms @Ashley766

Thank you Big Grin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle
Sorrrrrry everyone, been pretty busy these past couple days =3=

(3rd March 2021, 1:13 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Yeah, my last midterm is this weekend. I'm only taking 2 classes so I don't stress myself out too much. I definitely need breaks, that's why I'm not on discord as much this week. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off to study! Thank you so much🤗🤗. I'm so glad there's a safe place where I can vent where I need to  Heart

Good luck on your mid-terms this week. I'm proud of you and know you can get great grades! Just don't forget to study Wink
Taking breaks is a must... go outside for some fresh air when you need to. Take walks. Even naps Wink
Make sure you're eating and drinking water. Stay hydrated. I know a lot of people who "forget" to eat or say they "don't have time" to eat when they are studying for midterms or finals. Just make sure to do both. Keep you energized.

(4th March 2021, 2:00 AM)Mystery Wrote: I asked the operator if he could cover my position today so I could rest my toe at home and he said yes! Smile

Feeling thankful that the people I work under are so kind.

Best of luck with your midterms @Ashley766

Yay! Glad you got the day off... yesterday? (right?). If so, I hope it really helped your toe issue. Smile
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
Exams are over!!! Phew. I'm sure I did good on them Big Grin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
(6th March 2021, 1:37 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Exams are over!!! Phew. I'm sure I did good on them Big Grin

Yay! That's always a good thing to hear! I hope all went great.
(6th March 2021, 1:37 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Exams are over!!! Phew. I'm sure I did good on them Big Grin

Awesome!!! So exciting. I'm sure you did good on them too <3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta, Zeppy
(7th March 2021, 1:57 AM)Mystery Wrote: I bet that's a huge weight off of your shoulders, now that the midterms are over with. Smile Hopefully you did well on them!

(6th March 2021, 11:31 PM)Janelle Wrote: Awesome!!! So exciting. I'm sure you did good on them too <3

(6th March 2021, 2:03 PM)Zeppy Wrote: Yay! That's always a good thing to hear! I hope all went great.

Thank you guys!! I appreciate all of you 🤗. I think I did really good. So glad the stress from exams are over until April Smile
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
Hi, all!

Today is a beautiful day. Smile Please remember to drink water and stay hydrated, have positive thoughts, do a favorite hobby of yours, and get out and enjoy the pretty day (if there's nice weather where you are, too Smile ).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
Hi guys! Today was a tired day... woke up at 3AM and was awake since about 8AM then slept for another hour. I had work today so I didn't sleep too much.
The past week or two has been pretty mixed for me overall. Had to come to an acceptance somewhat recently in terms of a friendship I had with someone not really working out, which has had me pretty downbeat since I put a lot of effort into said friendship and took it seriously. However there was a lot of dishonesty on their side, and just a general lack of care for anything I said or felt. This went on for a few months and I looked past it and tolerated it, but eventually just hit my limit and I had to sever my ties with them which was tough for me to do.

On the flip-side, I can actually start moving on from it now, and the whole situation gave me an opportunity to focus on my relationships with 2 good friends of mine more (that I realized I hadn't really put enough time into lately), which has been nice especially within the past few days; it has helped to keep my mood relatively okay and the incident that happened has also made me appreciate more the friendships I do have, the ones that are actually genuine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lambdadelta For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Mia, Zeppy
(13th March 2021, 7:36 AM)Lambdadelta Wrote: The past week or two has been pretty mixed for me overall. Had to come to an acceptance somewhat recently in terms of a friendship I had with someone not really working out, which has had me pretty downbeat since I put a lot of effort into said friendship and took it seriously. However there was a lot of dishonesty on their side, and just a general lack of care for anything I said or felt. This went on for a few months and I looked past it and tolerated it, but eventually just hit my limit and I had to sever my ties with them which was tough for me to do.

On the flip-side, I can actually start moving on from it now, and the whole situation gave me an opportunity to focus on my relationships with 2 good friends of mine more (that I realized I hadn't really put enough time into lately), which has been nice especially within the past few days; it has helped to keep my mood relatively okay and the incident that happened has also made me appreciate more the friendships I do have, the ones that are actually genuine.

I'm sorry that your friendship with said person is coming to an end... those are always the worst. But, I believe those people maybe weren't really the best people in your life??? Just my experiences, and sounds like this said person isn't really much of a good friend. I'm sure everyone here would *love* to be your friend <3

Those 2 good friends of yours (I'm sure) have your back through it all and will support you no matter what. You can always reach out to me if you need someone to talk to. Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta
(16th March 2021, 9:44 AM)Mystery Wrote: It's also a mixed bag for me. I'm trying to stay optimistic. On the good side, my toe isn't infected anymore! It still hurts, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. My skin condition is flaring up, which makes my face look all red and scaly... :x And it's reeeeallly itchy and it burns. I really need to treat it more often. I've been so demotivated to do anything I should be doing... I hadn't talked to my one irl friend for 5 days, which put a damper on my mood. Watching funny videos helped a bit. Other than going to work, I've mostly been sleeping. I'd like to get out of this cycle of sleeping and working. Anyway, thanks to anyone who read my venting. Have a wonderful day. Smile

Agh, I feel that...being stuck in a cycle of sleep in work. I'm stuck in it right now actually lol, but hopefully we can break free from it soon. I'm really glad you are staying optimistic, and your toe is all better.
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia
(16th March 2021, 9:44 AM)Mystery Wrote: It's also a mixed bag for me. I'm trying to stay optimistic. On the good side, my toe isn't infected anymore! It still hurts, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. My skin condition is flaring up, which makes my face look all red and scaly... :x And it's reeeeallly itchy and it burns. I really need to treat it more often. I've been so demotivated to do anything I should be doing... I hadn't talked to my one irl friend for 5 days, which put a damper on my mood. Watching funny videos helped a bit. Other than going to work, I've mostly been sleeping. I'd like to get out of this cycle of sleeping and working. Anyway, thanks to anyone who read my venting. Have a wonderful day. Smile

Yay, no infected toe! That's good news. Please remember to try and take care of yourself, you'll be so much happier. I know that's much easier said than done when you have absolutely no motivation, but just try taking it step by step ^^

Is there a reason you haven't talked to your IRL friend, something come between you two? Or just been kinda busy and haven't really spoken?

Hope today is a better day for you <3
  • Mia
Reading all 475 of these posts gave me a newfound respect. I already loved this community, but reading this enhanced it. J is just so great. Positive, willing to support, kind. Mystery, despite the hands, co-worker, and skin, still carrying on. And the rest of the community, of the "How are you doing today" community, are just the people that help each other, amidst the trials, parenting, moving, getting jobs, schooling, and loving one another for what they are. I was deeply moved, and want to become part of this "How are you doing" community.

Today I walked outside onto my freshly painted back porch and looked around the world around me. I saw the little stream pick up a bundle of small green leaves from a birch tree from our neighbors' yard. The birds chirped around me, looking up at the hemlocks and firs of the Pacific Northwest. I looked behind me to see my SO moseying across our grand piano with two cups of hot cider in hand and passed by the grandfather clock made by their father. They opened the slider and sniffed in the woodland air. They handed me the mug and I started sipping when they suddenly started choking and fell to the ground. I looked in their face and it showed me something I'd never seen before. I was so confused - "What the Alfredo?"

'Twas but a dream.

I'm doing fine. I mean it could be better, but alas, it is not. Rona just sucks, and that is a fact. Yesterday, Wednesday, was a day off of school (I do online classes jtlyk), and it was a chill type of day. I had stayed up until 1:40 am Wednesday morning reading Jed and the Junkyard War (really recommend btw) and slept until 11:25 am, (actually pretty good considering the number of siblings I have) and for the next two hours, watched my little bro watch a playthrough of Slime Rancher or something. Then I just kinda chilled, played some piano, finished Jed and the Junkyard War, and watched some memes. There were two highlight videos that I'll find and put somewhere, sometime.

I felt a little bit depressed about how it has literally been like 60+ days since I'd been able to play Pr2 and decided to catch up on the forums instead. I mean, Pr2 is the only game I have really cared about. The people, the games, the levels, the dedication. I mean, If I were to die young, my final bragging rights would be having two levels over 1,000+ plays, maybe three. I mean, as a twelve-year-old having a level that got 800+ plays in 5 hours, I was bragging to V-man about how awesomely cool I was. Having someone post a video, about my video, was one of my favorite things. I think two people made knock-offs of it, and was so proud of myself, probably the most I had ever on a videogame.

Today, I stayed up till 12:45 am, reading... as you guessed... My Side of the Mountain (also strongly encourage reading. My second time). I woke up at 8:08 with my alarm, ate some, as you guessed, frosted flakes, and hoped in the shower to get ready for Zoom. The first two Zooms were just fine, and third period was... well... okay. The teacher had trouble connecting for the first few minutes and then we had a Kahoot! on fruits and vegetables. I got like 8/20, just barely getting 5th. I mean, how am I supposed to remember which color of fruit has isothiocyanates and phytonutrients. How am I supposed to know what fruit has anthocyanin, or something like triglyceride or something. And I swear that half of the questions had the phrase "May lead to killing cancerous cells" or something along those lines. And of course, we ended with the most cheesy dad joke - Q. Why couldn't the green pepper practice archery? A. Cause he didn't habanero.
Yes, I know. Dad joke central. Then we come to now, where I am sitting on my N22 Touch school-issued iOS Chromebook that is broken in two places typing this paragraph.

Covid, Adobe, Economy. Man, 2020 sucked. 2021 was what was still in store. I mean it still sucks, with a global pandemic still blazing across the country and the world. Thank you for sticking in for the narrative of my life, or at least the past two days. Stay safe. If not, we are here, as a forum, to help whomever, for practically whatever, practically whenever. Stick in there.

-lattum,
The twelve-year-old
that helps others carry on.
"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
- Vince Lombardi
I sincerely hope that we are all winners and that we never quit. 
Do what you need to do so that you can win that race. 
Win your race.
At the very least, finish it.
Never quit.
Never.
Try, try again.
I'm sure you can do it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lattum For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta, Mia
(18th March 2021, 4:14 PM)lattum Wrote: Reading all 475 of these posts gave me a newfound respect. I already loved this community, but reading this enhanced it. J is just so great. Positive, willing to support, kind. Mystery, despite the hands, co-worker, and skin, still carrying on. And the rest of the community, of the "How are you doing today" community, are just the people that help each other, amidst the trials, parenting, moving, getting jobs, schooling, and loving one another for what they are. I was deeply moved, and want to become part of this "How are you doing" community.

Trust me, I read your entire post, just didn't want to take up half of the page in response. Tongue

Thank you so so much for your kind words. This thread means a lot to me because it really does bring people together. We all have our own battles of course, but at least here there is absolutely no judgement. Just here to listen and bring words of encouragement <3.

Are you not able to play PR2 for some reason? I've been playing since it came out, on a different account, and it has definitely brought me so much joy. I've met so many new people and friends that I hope will last forever Smile

Lmao, I remember playing Kahoot, it was always one of my favorite past-times for class Tongue

Welcome to the thread. Big Grin
  • lattum
(18th March 2021, 9:37 PM)Janelle Wrote: Trust me, I read your entire post, just didn't want to take up half of the page in response. Tongue

Are you not able to play PR2 for some reason? I've been playing since it came out, on a different account, and it has definitely brought me so much joy. I've met so many new people and friends that I hope will last forever Smile

Welcome to the thread. Big Grin

Thanks for actually reading it : D I really did enjoy reading all of it.

The reason why I haven't played is that my school Chromebook, the thing I'm doing this on, just can't get Linux, can't download it because it's iOS, and ruffle or whatever still isn't working on it yet. And since this is a school computer, I can't download anything, except in the play store. Good thing the only thing that has flash player on it is the bubble popping thing at the top right under the community tab, so I can still check the forums thankfully. 

One day, when I get or buy my own computer, this will be one of the first things that I get if I still remember this (hopefully I will), and even if I can't get something compatible with it, then I can still check to forums. Even if playing the game doesn't work out, I will be here, the twelve-year-old, checking in on people. Not because I need to, but because I believe in everyone reading this post. The people on the forum. The people that I may never know in real life, but can still talk to half-way across the world. 

I guess I try to help people. Help people on their journey, while my life might be just decent. I think it is an act of common decency. Helping other people I never knew, nor will probably ever know, just be that little birch leaf. Floating down softly along the stream, getting to the next pitstop in their lives. I hope I can be that person to look at the world and do just one simple thing - Push others down their own stream, waiting till I can get on mine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lattum For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta
(19th March 2021, 12:08 AM)lattum Wrote: Thanks for actually reading it : D I really did enjoy reading all of it.

The reason why I haven't played is that my school Chromebook, the thing I'm doing this on, just can't get Linux, can't download it because it's iOS, and ruffle or whatever still isn't working on it yet. And since this is a school computer, I can't download anything, except in the play store. Good thing the only thing that has flash player on it is the bubble popping thing at the top right under the community tab, so I can still check the forums thankfully. 

One day, when I get or buy my own computer, this will be one of the first things that I get if I still remember this (hopefully I will), and even if I can't get something compatible with it, then I can still check to forums. Even if playing the game doesn't work out, I will be here, the twelve-year-old, checking in on people. Not because I need to, but because I believe in everyone reading this post. The people on the forum. The people that I may never know in real life, but can still talk to half-way across the world. 

I guess I try to help people. Help people on their journey, while my life might be just decent. I think it is an act of common decency. Helping other people I never knew, nor will probably ever know, just be that little birch leaf. Floating down softly along the stream, getting to the next pitstop in their lives. I hope I can be that person to look at the world and do just one simple thing - Push others down their own stream, waiting till I can get on mine.

Ahhhh I see. Well, we'll always be here and I hope you/ we can get that stuff figured out with PR2 soon Smile
Thank you for being here for everyone, I'm sure it means a lot to us all ^^
I can't wait to see what the rest of 2021 holds for us.

(19th March 2021, 12:28 AM)Mystery Wrote: Thanks you guys. Yeah, I just have to take it one day at a time. I have to realize that I'll be happier if I keep some motivation. I don't want to be uncomfortable in my skin, literally. Nothing came between my friend and I. Actually, it was probably my fault. I've been sleeping in so often, we haven't had time to talk much.

As for my wrists, they don't hurt much unless I do something really strenuous. I still can't play games like PR2, unfortunately. Too many rapid wrist movements required to press the arrow keys. I took occupational therapy for them, and that seemed to help a bit. Luckily, I got financial assistance for them since my income is pretty low.

There's things I want to say to people, but I'm too shy to do it. Too shy to ask out girls, and too shy to ask my supervisor for a promotion. He promoted someone who hasn't worked there as long as me, presumably because I don't talk very much. The person he promoted is much more social than me. If I could just crawl out of my hole and talk to people... maybe I would be a happier person. :/

He probably doesn't think I'm capable of operating a line because it requires wrist movement. Maybe that's what my problem is. Maybe I'm too afraid of rejection. Maybe I'm too afraid I'll say something stupid. Why is it so easy for me to talk on forum sites, but nowhere else? Anyway, it's the weekend. I hope I can keep myself from getting bored. I just want you guys to know that I also read every post, although I might not respond to them all. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I totally get the shyness part. Or maybe it's just my anxiety? I don't know. But I am also way too shy to ask people of some things... especially at work. I *hate* going to my boss or my manager and asking them something... or why something happened.

It's also super easy for me to talk on forum sites more than IRL, and I'm unsure why. I guess maybe because we grew up online and talking to people from around the world became our thing, our habit? I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta, Mia