How are you feeling today?
(19th March 2021, 12:28 AM)Mystery Wrote: There's things I want to say to people, but I'm too shy to do it. Too shy to ask out girls, and too shy to ask my supervisor for a promotion. He promoted someone who hasn't worked there as long as me, presumably because I don't talk very much. The person he promoted is much more social than me. If I could just crawl out of my hole and talk to people... maybe I would be a happier person. :/
He probably doesn't think I'm capable of operating a line because it requires wrist movement. Maybe that's what my problem is. Maybe I'm too afraid of rejection. Maybe I'm too afraid I'll say something stupid. Why is it so easy for me to talk on forum sites, but nowhere else? Anyway, it's the weekend. I hope I can keep myself from getting bored. I just want you guys to know that I also read every post, although I might not respond to them all. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I feel like in life, there will be those people who say "What's the worst that could happen".  But there are definitely things that can happen. A big one - as you mentioned - is rejection. Rejection is a hard thing, dealing with social thoughts of pure denial. It is totally fine to be afraid of something, but not take those doubts and worries, and make it worse. About a month ago, I listened to a motivational speaker on Zoom, and the topic was fear not. Fear is something that is taking over your life. Worries and being afraid or just products of living life. Make sure that whatever you are trying to overcome, is not a fear.

I encourage you to have some alone time. I know that one of your goals and self-doubts is about not being social enough, but I feel like it may help to be away from people sometimes. I think that isolating yourself for two-three days maybe without social media or a device will be something you can do to overcome some of your social goals.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do! Keep on going!
"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
- Vince Lombardi
I sincerely hope that we are all winners and that we never quit. 
Do what you need to do so that you can win that race. 
Win your race.
At the very least, finish it.
Never quit.
Never.
Try, try again.
I'm sure you can do it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lattum For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia
oop

memes I said I would find - all made me laugh -

Skip to 2:24 on the first one. Finish the clip then exit out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jVczhxf9Y
Rest just watch Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGeEuyG_DIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0l2L4JdFKM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
- Vince Lombardi
I sincerely hope that we are all winners and that we never quit. 
Do what you need to do so that you can win that race. 
Win your race.
At the very least, finish it.
Never quit.
Never.
Try, try again.
I'm sure you can do it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lattum For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta
Hi guys! I just wanted to take a second and go off about how thankful and excited I am that you all enjoy this thread. When I first started it, I didn't think much would come of it. However, I've learned as the days went on, that a lot of you enjoy reading these posts and being able to feel comfortable in sharing how you feel <3. I started this thread when I was doing somewhat decent in life, and then definitely went through some rough times at the end of last year - the beginning of this year. Hearing what you all have been through and allowing me to help in some way, even if it's the littlest help, makes me feel like I matter. Every single one of these posts I read, even if I happen to not respond to them all.

I decided to make this post a little longer than usual to do a full update on me, even if some people may not read this entire thing, it helps me get all of my thoughts out ^^. Lately, work has been draining some of my energy, as they gave me about 10 extra hours than I specifically asked for (I still need time for homework and of course, JV and PR2). So, that's going a little bit rough. But, I'll get through it. Today, I had to leave work about two hours in because I felt terrible and just wanted to lay down... but I got some good rest out of that and hopefully am all well for tomorrow morning's shift. Smile

I also went to Top Golf the other day for St. Patty's day, and I'm so sore. lol. I'm hoping that'll go away soon... because it's getting in the way of my weight-lifting. ;_;
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Different, Lambdadelta, lattum, Mia
(19th March 2021, 7:46 PM)Janelle Wrote: Hi guys! I just wanted to take a second and go off about how thankful and excited I am that you all enjoy this thread. When I first started it, I didn't think much would come of it. However, I've learned as the days went on, that a lot of you enjoy reading these posts and being able to feel comfortable in sharing how you feel <3. I started this thread when I was doing somewhat decent in life, and then definitely went through some rough times at the end of last year - the beginning of this year. Hearing what you all have been through and allowing me to help in some way, even if it's the littlest help, makes me feel like I matter. Every single one of these posts I read, even if I happen to not respond to them all.

I decided to make this post a little longer than usual to do a full update on me, even if some people may not read this entire thing, it helps me get all of my thoughts out ^^. Lately, work has been draining some of my energy, as they gave me about 10 extra hours than I specifically asked for (I still need time for homework and of course, JV and PR2). So, that's going a little bit rough. But, I'll get through it. Today, I had to leave work about two hours in because I felt terrible and just wanted to lay down... but I got some good rest out of that and hopefully am all well for tomorrow morning's shift. Smile

I also went to Top Golf the other day for St. Patty's day, and I'm so sore. lol. I'm hoping that'll go away soon... because it's getting in the way of my weight-lifting. ;_;
I read your entire post. Yes, there's a lot to be thankful for, Janelle. Last year was pretty rough for me too. I had a car accident because some idiot decided to pull out in front of me and ruin my day, so I couldn't get a massage that day 😟 Thankfully I wasn't hurt. But hey, next time I'll be prepared.

But yeah, Janelle, I think I can speak for every and say that we all appreciate having you on JV and spreading positivity into our lives. Also, I hope you love your job or hopefully you're making money. 10+ hours is rough if you don't love your job.

So yeah, Goodluck with everything and stay positive!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Janelle, Lambdadelta
I'm starting a new medication very soon and I'm just really scared of the side effects. It could go one or two ways where I will have side effects or I won't. I'm a little anxious about that, but I know it's different for everyone. Other than that, I'm a little inactive because of school and I have my next exam coming up really soon.. so yeah.  In other good news, a mean person online stopped harassing me so that's amazing!! 😁 Hope you have a good day today! ☺️

On a second note: I really love that this threads draw people closer and we can share our struggles. <3 I probably would've gone crazy with my stress and anxiety if it wasn't for this thread and the people here <3 love it so much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia
(20th March 2021, 8:41 AM)Ashley766 Wrote: I'm starting a new medication very soon and I'm just really scared of the side effects. It could go one or two ways where I will have side effects or I won't. I'm a little anxious about that, but I know it's different for everyone. Other than that, I'm a little inactive because of school and I have my next exam coming up really soon.. so yeah.  In other good news, a mean person online stopped harassing me so that's amazing!! 😁 Hope you have a good day today! ☺️

On a second note: I really love that this threads draw people closer and we can share our struggles. <3 I probably would've gone crazy with my stress and anxiety if it wasn't for this thread and the people here <3 love it so much.

I know how side effects can go... but I really hope they're not awful and it goes smoothly <3
Also, I hope your schooling and exams are going well! IRL always comes first and I hope everything's going well!
Yay, bullies are gone! So very happy to hear that as well c:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta
(23rd March 2021, 5:58 AM)Mystery Wrote: My thumb locked in place again. This time, it was from cutting as kaiser roll in half with a knife. It was painful this time, but only lasted about 5 seconds. I really don't want this to start happening more... I don't wanna get surgery... :/

At least I got to go home early.

Ugh I'm so sorry D:
I also really hope it does get better and you won't need anything too bad (treatment wise) =/
  • Lambdadelta, Mia
Hi, all! Today's my day off so I can finally take a day and just relax Smile

I've been super busy lately, from working 35 hours a week to school and homework. So, this day off will help me feel very much refreshed for the rest of the week. ^^
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta, Mia
Ughhh exams again. I'm so tired of them. I also have a lot of projects to do for school so that's fun /s. I hope to finish the semester off strong tho! 😁
(29th March 2021, 7:59 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Ughhh exams again. I'm so tired of them. I also have a lot of projects to do for school so that's fun /s. I hope to finish the semester off strong tho! 😁

I also have a lot of projects to finish for school as well. You got this, I know you can do it Smile
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta
Happy Easter, ya’ll! Hope it’s a good one <3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
(4th April 2021, 9:50 AM)Janelle Wrote: Happy Easter, ya’ll! Hope it’s a good one <3
I am a whole 2 days late, but Happy Easter to you too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lambdadelta For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Zeppy
(8th April 2021, 1:22 PM)Mystery Wrote: I was pretty depressed there for a while and didn't feel like posting an update, but I'm doing ok now. Although sometimes I still feel like nobody wants to talk to me... it's an awful feeling, cause if I don't get human interaction for longer than a few hours then I start getting sad. Anyway, my Easter was pretty good. I got to see my sister and one of my brothers.

Aw dang. Frown I hope things clear up for you very soon. Is it just any human interaction? Or does it have to be in person? I can imagine not being able to interact with people in person during this time is really harsh. I know I've said my DMs are open before, and tbh I understand that it's just not easy going to a stranger's DMs lol, but I do like meeting new people and making friends. So I do hope this helps. Smile

I'm glad your Easter went good! It's always great seeing family.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeppy For This Useful Post:
Big Grin 
Got my first dose of the vaccine today, arm is sore and I got slight chills but otherwise feeling great  Big Grin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
(8th April 2021, 1:22 PM)Mystery Wrote: I was pretty depressed there for a while and didn't feel like posting an update, but I'm doing ok now. Although sometimes I still feel like nobody wants to talk to me... it's an awful feeling, cause if I don't get human interaction for longer than a few hours then I start getting sad. Anyway, my Easter was pretty good. I got to see my sister and one of my brothers.

I'm glad you're doing better now! I'm ALWAYS here to talk. Need to message me on Discord? I'm free. ^^ You're never a bother.

(8th April 2021, 8:48 PM)David Wrote: Got my first dose of the vaccine today, arm is sore and I got slight chills but otherwise feeling great  Big Grin

I hope everything keeps going well! Hope no other major side effects occur.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • David, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
I walked 40k steps (22 miles) at work yesterday but I'm feeling better today
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta, Mia, Zeppy
I don't know how I'm getting by tbh... I have 3 essays, 1 research paper, 1 exam this week (all due before Friday) and 1 exam next week. School is so overwhelming for me.. I think I need to pull my first all nighter this week Frown

Also I did too take my first dose of the covid vaccine and getting my second dose really soon ^^
(11th April 2021, 10:28 AM)Legend Wrote: I walked 40k steps (22 miles) at work yesterday but I'm feeling better today

Hope your legs are okay! Tongue

(11th April 2021, 8:52 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: I don't know how I'm getting by tbh... I have 3 essays, 1 research paper, 1 exam this week (all due before Friday) and 1 exam next week. School is so overwhelming for me.. I think I need to pull my first all nighter this week Frown

Also I did too take my first dose of the covid vaccine and getting my second dose really soon ^^

Congrats on the covid vaccine! Hope no symptoms come of it. Smile
  • Ashley766, Lambdadelta
Not too bad. Could be better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta
Coworkers were arguing on Monday, which was irritating, so I went to a different department the next day... big mistake. My wrists were throbbing for like, 2 hours. Today I said "screw it" and stayed where I was, and luckily there was no arguing today. Nothing planned for the weekend except boredom. Five year class reunion party is coming up, but I don't wanna go... I was an obnoxious jerk to those people, which I now regret. But it would feel so awkward seeing people that I annoyed or treated badly. And now I'm so shy that I wouldn't be able to say much to anyone there anyway. I'm so afraid of saying stuff to people that will make them upset or mad at me... so instead, I wind up saying very little or nothing. I'm still okay talking to my close friend, which I should be doing tomorrow. But anyway, venting over, I'll be fine. Hope you all have a good one.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Lambdadelta