PR2 v160: On Another Level
PR2 v160: On Another Level

This update contains a bunch of new features, QOL updates, moderation changes, and bug fixes.

Moderation-Related Changes
  • Player popups now show "Temp Mod" or "Trial Moderator" if a user is a temp (on the same server) or trial (anywhere) mod. Long overdue!
  • Temporary and trial moderators now have different username colors than permanent moderators. Even longer overdue! The new colors are: Temp Mod | Trial Mod. Thanks to @Ajayci 100 for this suggestion!
  • Kicked users will now see the time remaining in their kick when attempting to log in. I think someone suggested this but I can't remember who. :/
  • Kicks/mutes are now IP-based as well as account-based. Can't leave anyone out!
  • Temp Mods on public servers will now get a warning before logging out or going into the level editor. Huzzah, no more accidental de-temps! Thanks @BronxBomber for the suggestion!
  • You can now report levels that break the rules from the level information popup menu. You can access this by clicking (as opposed to hovering over) the "?" on a level.
  • "Social bans" are finally here! These are a less severe type of ban than full game bans, allowing a user to play but in a limited scope (no social features). For more information, please see the new PR2 rules. Thanks to @bi3liu for suggesting this!

QOL Changes
  • Guests can now see the Guilds tab. Why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • The emotes list has been expanded and is now organized alphabetically. 🎉
  • The /hint command now has clickable links to the artifact level/user after the hint is fully revealed. No more unsearchable titles!
  • Some songs' titles/authors have been changed. Some of the songs hadn't previously reflected the correct title/author of the song (as some were stolen and uploaded to Newgrounds). This version corrects some of those errors.
  • The audio quality of the songs has been greatly improved. Who knew the songs could sound so good? Who knows, now you might even enjoy Switchblade.
  • There are some new description labels on some of the buttons. For instance, the PM report/delete/reply buttons now have descriptions.
  • You can now reverse the sort order on the tabs under "Players". Clicking the buttons for name/rank/hats (or guild name/active/GP for guilds) will now reverse the sort order.
  • Objective mode now has a nifty "finishes reached" indicator for players who quit before finishing. It'll appear next to that player's "finish" time.
  • Level descriptions are now a little more flashy. They're in italics. Yay formatting!
  • There a new tip under the description to click the "?" button for more information. This is to promote the level information popup from v159. A bunch of people don't know about it yet. Possibly a temporary addition.
  • The EXP gain bar's numbers are now formatted with commas. Easier on the eyes!
  • You can now see a player's progress towards their next rank-up on their player profile. Simply mouse over the rank box to see it. I'd say thanks to the person who suggested it, but it was me!
  • You can now see more information about your levels in level editor. Simply hover over the level in the load popup and you'll see all the information you see in the lobby. Thanks to @Overbeing for this suggestion (all the way back in March of 2019)!

General Changes/Additions
  • The Kong Hat now awards 2x GP instead of 1.25x EXP. Since the EXP hat makes the Kong Hat obsolete, this will hopefully breathe new life into its rate of use.
  • You can now change your stats during a happy hour. Probably one of the most requested suggestions of all time! During a HH, you'll now have 300 stat points to use at your leisure. When the HH ends or you log out, your stats will reset to your normal ones (the one you had when the HH started or you logged in). Thank you to everyone who requested it (most recently @Hyperacticpro and @Fresh Cookies)!
  • PR2 Stimulus pt. 2! The epic crown and cowboy upgrades will now be available at 500K and 5M folding at home points, respectively.
  • There's a new favorite levels tab! It's located at the top-right of the lobby (looks like a small heart icon). This is for you! Add a level to this list by clicking the new "add to favorites" button on the bottom-left of the level. You can play these levels with players on the search tab or their own favorites tab (if they have the same level added). Thanks to @Northadox for suggesting this!
  • NEW SONGS! Two new songs have been added in this version: Toodaloo by @mustangman and Night Shade by @TRUC. Thanks for the songs, fellas!
  • NEW HAT! The cheese hat lets you break crumble blocks instantly from the bottom (if not crouching)/left/right, and much quicker than normal from the top. Thanks to @Thales4000 for suggesting this wayyyy back in 2013!
  • NEW GAME MODE! In Hat Attack mode, your goal is to get all the hats. Steal all the hats and keep them for 5 seconds to finish! When you finish, you'll drop all of your hats so the others can keep playing. Note: This mode requires at least two players. Thanks to @Thales4000 for suggesting this, also wayyyy back in 2013!

Fixes
  • Level passwords are now saved properly in all instances. There previously was a bug that only saved the level password the first time you set one but not in subsequent saves.
  • Cowboy hats and speed bursts no longer hate each other. So glad to be done with this (knock on wood). Thanks to @bi3liu for reporting this!
  • The chance of SFCM indicator on the level information popup now displays the correct chance %. It previously displayed 5% on every level, no matter the actual chance. Thanks for the report, @"_Athena_"!
  • Course play/cancel menus should now work as intended. Thanks for the report, @Antonhs!
  • The color picker now always displays the correct color. Turns out this was reported way back in March of 2019! Thanks, @Camer the Dragon!
  • Fixed a bug where a level ID search would fail in some circumstances. This occurred when pressing "Play" on a level's information popup. If coming from another tab and a search previously made ended on a page other than 1, the level ID search would potato. I think. It's been so long since I fixed this.
  • Characters on the level save popup now count properly. Previously, the counts would fail when opening the save popup for an existing level. Thanks to @AspectZero for reporting this!
  • Lists under the players tab now sort properly. I totally didn't add an entirely new feature to circumvent fixing this and this.
  • The Jellyfish Hat's sting sound effect is now limited to the area within which one would expect to hear it. Previously, it would be audible throughout the entire level. Thanks for the report, @LCPD!
  • The Unicorn Head's mouth appears normally again. I suspect this is a bug leftover from epic upgrades being added back in 2013. Thanks to @"platform guy" for the report and @"Al Jolson" for drawing a fix!
  • Fixed a niche bug with loadouts. Hard to explain. Thanks for the report, @AspectZero!
  • Users can no longer ignore themselves. That's just silly!
  • Objective mode no longer awards prizes for quitting before all finishes are hit. This preserves the prize for the actual winner.
  • User status no longer updates on unsuccessful login (primarily due to kick). This bug wasn't really fixed until now.
  • Mods can now set artifacts on a rotated level. Previously, setting an artifact while rotated would be a failure of epic proportions.
  • Losing the artifact on April 1 will no longer revert the controls back to normal. This is a very, very, very important and prominent bug that has, at long last, been fixed.

Technical Changes
  • Lists of levels are now returned from the server using JSON. This will make it easier to decode lists of levels for your applications. Looking at Fred Bot, @Stxtics!
  • All database queries from the socket server are now sent through a function that attempts to reconnect if the connection has expired. This will prevent some of the random server crashes there have been, caused by logging into/out of a server after a day or so of no DB activity from that server.
  • Warn/ban messages will no longer show in the chat if the action fails (incl. someone "lacking the power"). This was previously purposefully included as a relic of the past, but it's proved to be confusing and has therefore been changed.
  • Proxies/VPNs are now being blocked. Due to an enormous amount of complaints about and abuse of proxies/VPNs over the years, we've made the difficult decision to not allow proxies to be used for anyone who is not verified. As of now, the only verified users are the PR2 staff. We may expand this in the future.
  • Admins can now set a "prizer" for a server. This is an account that has the ability to set any prize on a level within a server. This is mostly for debugging purposes but can be used in other ways at an admin's sole discretion.

Apologies for the wait. We had a bunch of last-minute problems that prevented an on-time release. I hope the wait was worth it!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Adulock77, Ajax-iwnl, AlphaZ, Ashley766, AspectZero, Athena, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, gemj, IHaveDaCowboyz, Janelle, lalafox, Lego-man945, Mia, Northadox, Stxtics, Thales4000, TRUC, xGuest
1st
Arrow
It's been a hecking fun journey beta testing this update, have been excited for it to finally be released Big Grin
Eyy this update is great 👍
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Jeez I hecking love this update. Great job Ben!! Big Grin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Yesssss, finally. Thanks ya'll c:
Hat Attack: Keeping the hats for 5 seconds is a bit short, maybe it should be increased to 30 seconds? It's not that hard to avoid other players. Also, setting artifacts on levels with rotate blocks in the past has made the artifact become glitched inside of blocks after players went through rotated sections.
-AspectZero
(23rd June 2020, 9:25 AM)AspectZero Wrote: Hat Attack: Keeping the hats for 5 seconds is a bit short, maybe it should be increased to 30 seconds? It's not that hard to avoid other players. Also, setting artifacts on levels with rotate blocks in the past has made the artifact become glitched inside of blocks after players went through rotated sections.

It makes more sense to me that the level maker can choose this length themselves. Maybe enforce some bounds so it doesn't become too obnoxious.

SIDE NOTE... Ben mentioned custom item blocks. As soon as we can get this implemented, there are a TON of abandoned ideas that I'll be able to finish.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • AspectZero, Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Mia, Northadox
This update is amazing! Thank you!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Athena For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Sorry that i couldn't best test but Thanks for another big update! and congrats al jolson for getting your design into the game!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, ~JBG~
oh, how I wish the favourite levels tab existed back in the day. so many great additions! I love this community so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999
That Crying Soul mix was by Pyroific and not B0unc3??? My whole life is a lie. That song is nostalgia goosebumps. (Although the DJ splash mix is probably better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb7ZpMThGgk)

I'm getting off topic. Nice update bls!
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Stxtics
IT'S BEEN A RIDE
[Image: 3upJDfn.jpg]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mustangman For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Minimania
Was too busy playing the new Spongebob game to remember that the update was to come out today!
Again, thanks for implementing my suggestion Smile
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, John m.
It's a great update!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj
(23rd June 2020, 9:25 AM)AspectZero Wrote: Hat Attack: Keeping the hats for 5 seconds is a bit short, maybe it should be increased to 30 seconds? It's not that hard to avoid other players. Also, setting artifacts on levels with rotate blocks in the past has made the artifact become glitched inside of blocks after players went through rotated sections.

(23rd June 2020, 11:52 AM)Kwing Wrote: It makes more sense to me that the level maker can choose this length themselves. Maybe enforce some bounds so it doesn't become too obnoxious.

Yeah I think this is good cos it'll allow for more types of levels that are hat attack (bigger, smaller)
I'd say 30s or 60s as upper limit (60s sounds long though although at the end of the day it's up to the creator)
á
Hat attack-

1. If someone jumps off the edge of a map when they have all the hats and the timer finishes, the hats just drop off the map and no one else can finish.

2. knock someones hat off and let it drop off the map and no one can finish at all.

Would it be possible to make hats re spawn on last block like players do if they drop off the map?
(25th June 2020, 10:47 AM)edetarod Wrote: Hat attack-

1. If someone jumps off the edge of a map when they have all the hats and the timer finishes, the hats just drop off the map and no one else can finish.

2. knock someones hat off and let it drop off the map and no one can finish at all.

Would it be possible to make hats re spawn on last block like players do if they drop off the map?

Yeah this was addressed in the Motley Monday episode
1st thing I told bls in testing but quite a big change to add in so couldn't really be done in time for 160
á
This is a sexy update
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Croozen For This Useful Post:
  • xGuest