Port PR3 Hats
With the advent of Platform Racing 3's Hat Attack mode, I've begun to wonder what other things from PR3 could be ported into PR2. A perfect addition to go along with the new mode would be some of the hats.

[Image: 4VXt9cY.png]

These are a few sketches I made for what some of the PR3 hats could look like in PR2. The winged helmet will increase the duration of the speed burst effect by a set multiplier, and the pirate hat will allow sword swings to hit both forwards and backwards. 

I also took a recent look at this thread. While I think most, if not all hats would make great additions to PR2, the Cardboard Box hat stands out to me. It is a hat that does nothing. In PR3, every time you enter a Hat Attack, if you don't already have a hat, you are given a Cardboard Box hat. In PR2, you're just given a random hat out of what is available. Wouldn't it make more sense to give a hat that gives you no particular advantage? It just seems to make the most sense to me.

A particular hat that I'm really fond of from PR3 is Pedro the Snail. Whenever someone is wearing your Snail hat, all of their stats are halved. I think a hat like this would do immense good in PR2, where evading people in Hat Attack for 5 seconds once you have every single hat is already extremely easy to do. 

What would you like added?
[Image: jMsYweC.png]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Minimania For This Useful Post:
  • Athena, Different, John m., lalafox, Mia, MoonFiredk, Northadox, xGuest
(29th June 2020, 5:01 AM)Minimania Wrote: What would you like added?

Like I suggested in the chat yesterday, a Police Hat. Lets you shoot 5 laser gun bullets rather than the usual 3.

I feel like Pedro the Snail would be OP in PR2, so I'm not sure on that one. I think the other ones would work though!
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
I drew this some time ago
[Image: 3At6eDY.png]
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Athena, Minimania, MoonFiredk, xGuest
Gotta get the incredible box hat in PR2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Minimania, xGuest
(29th June 2020, 10:13 AM)tadtad Wrote: Gotta get the incredible box hat in PR2

Box hat the most important from pr3 ngl
á
Ushanka best hat
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(29th June 2020, 3:24 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Ushanka best hat
Ushanka doesn't even work
I'm not sure how I feel about taking PR3's hats and putting them into PR2. I'd rather focus on the bigger suggestions I've gotten. If it gets a lot of support, maybe, but I feel like they were PR3-exclusive for a reason.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Eternal, gemj, Minimania
(29th June 2020, 3:42 PM)Minimania Wrote: Ushanka doesn't even work

It works fine, but the wind part was removed from it some time back.
The rat hat was cool. I don't remember what it did but it looked very cool.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, xGuest
I feel this may break quite a few levels adding so many hats like this
á
It’d be nice to have a new hat once in a while whether its a pr3 hat or a totally new idea
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Minimania
(29th June 2020, 7:59 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I feel this may break quite a few levels adding so many hats like this

Just don't add Halo and it should be fine. (though I dont think you guys have angel wings anyway so...)
Omg what if the Cowboy Hat from PR3 was in PR2 haha man could you imagine?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Minimania, xGuest
(29th June 2020, 10:07 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Just don't add Halo and it should be fine. (though I dont think you guys have angel wings anyway so...)

I can think of a few levels where a point is you're limited to 3 bullets so Police might break stuff
but yeah there are prob a few that wouldn't like the +5 stat hats and happy (as long as they capped at 100)
Aviator faster SJ would be cool, it may break some stuff but as long as it takes a little bit longer than vanishes take to disappear should be alright for the most part and fun
á
(30th June 2020, 7:34 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I can think of a few levels where a point is you're limited to 3 bullets so Police might break stuff
but yeah there are prob a few that wouldn't like the +5 stat hats and happy (as long as they capped at 100)
Aviator faster SJ would be cool, it may break some stuff but as long as it takes a little bit longer than vanishes take to disappear should be alright for the most part and fun
There are no levels in any of the campaigns that break if you have more than 3 bullets. Sure, there are some cases in the campaigns where it's beneficial to have 5 bullets, but none of the levels become broken or anything. There are likely some non-campaign levels that get broken, sure, but this happened with the top hat too, and I don't think the cop having 5 bullets breaks those levels more than just flying over them with the cowboy does. They could easily just hat remover the level if they're afraid of the cop hat that much.

I don't think any of the hats from PR3 actually need to increase stats in PR2 if ported, aside from the happy hat. I don't think the happy hat would break any levels at all, actually, given the 100 cap, considering you could already get such an effect once a day for free in the Vault of Magics. 

I agree with you on the aviator cap balancing feature, though. 

Actually, I'll go ahead and give a spiel on how I personally think most of the PR3 hats not in PR2 could be ported into PR2 without breaking balance too much.

(30th June 2020, 6:43 PM)Minimania Wrote: There are no levels in any of the campaigns that break if you have more than 3 bullets. Sure, there are some cases in the campaigns where it's beneficial to have 5 bullets, but none of the levels become broken or anything. There are likely some non-campaign levels that get broken, sure, but this happened with the top hat too, and I don't think the cop having 5 bullets breaks those levels more than just flying over them with the cowboy does. They could easily just hat remover the level if they're afraid of the cop hat that much.

I don't think any of the hats from PR3 actually need to increase stats in PR2 if ported, aside from the happy hat. I don't think the happy hat would break any levels at all, actually, given the 100 cap, considering you could already get such an effect once a day for free in the Vault of Magics. 

I agree with you on the aviator cap balancing feature, though. 

Actually, I'll go ahead and give a spiel on how I personally think most of the PR3 hats not in PR2 could be ported into PR2 without breaking balance too much.

Yeah you make sense with the Police hat there

I forgot the stat increase hats (Winged, Mining) had secondary effects also, they seem like they would fit in well yeah

Halo is 100% busted yea, it'd have to have an entirely new effect imo

Bouncy is just not for this game, it'd actually break a lot of stuff because you can repeatedly use it to gain height, then using a superjump at the apex of this would let you get ridiculous height

Toque just sounds annoying tbh, it's annoying in PR3R already and I think having 1 hat to do with ice (Ushanka) is fine

Bunny Ears could for sure break stuff (long sections with low ceiling) but I think it should be fine for the most part (given levels that this'd break have removers anyway)

I think Bull Horns letting you outrun arrows in the opposite direction isn't good cos I actually see that quite a bit to stop people going the other direction, water isn't used because you can head glitch using it

But yeah I think most hats could be now tbh
the ones I see as no are: Halo, Bouncy, Bunny Ears
the ones I see as would need tweaks are: Toque, Bull Horns
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Minimania
An idea regarding the synergy with Bull Horns and Mining Helmet:

Make it so that you can only move at 100 speed when crawling no matter what, so that the Bull Horns don't stack with the mining helmet.