Suggest a Book!
Suggest a book!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m210md For This Useful Post:
  • Athena, gemj
https://www.amazon.com/Witcher-Boxed-Set...0316438979
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
I don't read much anymore but in middle school I read a fantasy/suspense series that I thought was really good at the time (idk if i would think differently now that i'm older) called The Power of the Five by Anthony Horowitz. I should start re-reading it Smile
also Dreamhouse Kings is another good series I read in middle school.
when I was a kid I read this series that was about these three spies in WWII and it was really good. it was aimed at teenagers but it was sophisticated and got me interested in history. I don't remember the name of the series but I know the title of the first book is 'Dogfight' and the author is Craig Simpson.
A Series of Unfortunate Events. This whole series is a huge inspiration for me.
[Image: jMsYweC.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Minimania For This Useful Post:
  • ~JBG~
"The Hate You Give". It is a really inspiring and meaningful book. It can easily relate to what's going on in the world right now with racism. It's an elegantly constructed piece of world building, love story, and a sociological web of cause and effect of the hate for Black people.

Hands down one of my favorite novels.
Lord of the Rings
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
Dune by Frank Herbert. It's like Game of Thrones but set in space.
"You have to ask yourself... what brought the person to this point. What was seen in his face, his manner, that channeled him here. You have to convince yourself... that this person has something hidden, that you have to find. You check his bags, but it's his face, his gestures that you're really watching."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leolaford For This Useful Post:
  • Lego-man945, Magniloquent, ~JBG~
I would recommend anything by Joe Abercrombie. His First Law series is phenomenal, and he actually just released a new book last Tuesday.
Graphic novels: The Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns

An interesting soccer book: Soccernomics (taking a look at the game of soccer from a statistical/socioeconomic view). There are also updated editions, which include analysis from subsequent soccer events (e.g. World Cups).
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
If you want a book to get a younger reader into spy fiction, may I suggest A Whole Nother Story? It's a bit of a bizarre book, but I read it back in middle school and remember it being quite fun.

The Mysterious Benedict Society series was also a good time - I never finished the third one, but they're quite nice from what I remember.
A Willosaur wandering. Fred
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Green Galaxy For This Useful Post:
  • Titanium
Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training 3rd Edition by Mark Rippetoe. If anyone wants to start strength training, this is the book to read on how to do it. Even if you do not want to follow the program to a tee (or decide on some other program), there is some great information on performing the lifts and what to do outside of the gym.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
Between The Crosses - Matthew Frank.
Great crime novel, highly recommend his work.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Stormlight Archive, an ongoing Epic Fantasy series written by Brandon Sanderson.

The Way Of Kings - 2010
Words Of Radiance - 2014
Oathbringer - 2017
Rhythm Of War (Releasing November 2020)
There are six more books planned.

These books will pique your interest, I am sure.
-AspectZero
Murther and walking spirits by Robertson Davies. Good book.
(1st July 2020, 11:57 PM)lalafox Wrote: I don't read much anymore but in middle school I read a fantasy/suspense series that I thought was really good at the time (idk if i would think differently now that i'm older) called The Power of the Five by Anthony Horowitz. I should start re-reading it Smile
also Dreamhouse Kings is another good series I read in middle school.
I've read power of five, it's a good series. I'd recommend it too.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ranko Danko For This Useful Post:
  • lalafox
"The Outsiders" by S.E Hinton, if you already read that and liked it then I recommend "That was then, This is now" also written by S.E Hinton
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I wish I can stand reading, wouldn't mind starting but dunno what to get into tbh
(12th November 2020, 4:37 PM)Colind Wrote: I wish I can stand reading, wouldn't mind starting but dunno what to get into tbh

biographies of people can be interesting
I haven't read in a while tbh
the books I like a lot though are kinda maths/science based but with a story element to them
á