Additional QoL level editor features
pls add so the level editor is less abysmal than it is. like seriously it gave blaz a mental breakdown he has the died now his liver exploded
[Image: 8XjeQfQ.png]  F for blaz

Hold detection

Currently, PR2 level editor does not support the player holding down the mouse, only clicks or drags. As long lines are very important to me, placing blocks when the player is holding down the mouse will definitely improve the ability to make lines and fancy lines.

Block fill

Ability to use shift + left click to select an area and fill it with blocks. Can be used with arrow keys to move around while selecting. Could also use some other modifier key, like ctrl or alt, to prevent conflict with the quick movement thing

Further zooming options

Sometimes, I place really big text and stuff like that, and it would help to be able to zoom out further than 25%.

Text size

I often place text when I'm zoomed out, and if I do so, it starts really small. Basically just make the starting text size based off of our zoom.
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Blaz, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Northadox, tadtad
F for Blaz's liver, also yes I would like these to be implemented please
these are like basic features please pr2 i know you're held by string and pr3 by rope but please
This is an excuse to make even worse rollers than the ones on PR3

Block Fill sounds like a terrible idea. It would likely crash your game because LE is trying to fill every single space a block can go.
[Image: jMsYweC.png]
(1st July 2020, 10:54 PM)Minimania Wrote: This is an excuse to make even worse rollers than the ones on PR3

Block Fill sounds like a terrible idea. It would likely crash your game because LE is trying to fill every single space a block can go.
Quick few things: It is impossible to make worse rollers on PR2 than on PR3 because of the level size limit being far smaller, and the lack of custom blocks. Also, with block fill, if you crash yourself by selecting twelve million blocks to fill, I feel that is your own fault for making that decision, since it cant fill every single space a block can go unless you select the entire level canvas.
I've already brought up some of these features in my own level editor suggestion thread, but nonetheless, I don't object to any of these - these are all excellent decisions.
The woes of filling in a too-big canvas can just be alleviated if block fill had a maximum fill area (maybe to the zoom of your current screen).
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
(1st July 2020, 10:58 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Quick few things: It is impossible to make worse rollers on PR2 than on PR3 because of the level size limit being far smaller, and the lack of custom blocks.
Objective Game mode > roller made with only finish blocks

Seems worse to me
[Image: jMsYweC.png]
(2nd July 2020, 4:07 PM)Minimania Wrote: Objective Game mode > roller made with only finish blocks

Seems worse to me
Oh, PR3 rollers can be worse.

They can be so much worse.

(Not to mention, the addition of these features wouldn't change the objective mode method at all)
(1st July 2020, 10:54 PM)Minimania Wrote: This is an excuse to make even worse rollers than the ones on PR3

to clarify on pizza's part, the block fill in pr3 he based it on and the one he's talking about would have an inherent size maximum, it's not just a paint bucket tool, it's based on the shape you make
also pr3 handles it just fine, i've never once crashed, let alone lagged (even when making ma4) when filling massive areas with shift boxes. it'd work just fine, if there's any way to put it on the... interesting engine jiggmin's created
Just let us zoom in and out to custom percentages instead of presets.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj, Northadox
Hold detection is the main thing I'd want in PR2 LE cos it's quite annoying not having it and even moreso after using PR3 LE

Custom Zoom % would be a cool idea and eliminate the need for loads of different presets

Text size dependant on zoom would also be nice QoL

Block Fill is something I'm not too concerned about if we have dragging
á
(2nd July 2020, 1:25 AM)Northadox Wrote: I've already brought up some of these features in my own level editor suggestion thread, but nonetheless, I don't object to any of these - these are all excellent decisions.
The woes of filling in a too-big canvas can just be alleviated if block fill had a maximum fill area (maybe to the zoom of your current screen).
You could also allow large fills, but have an "Are you sure?" popup that says that there may be lag or even a crash if the fill area exceeds, say, 50000 blocks. (though probably higher than this, since block placement doesn't cause much lag, and I've done larger fills before)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(3rd July 2020, 7:00 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: You could also allow large fills, but have an "Are you sure?" popup that says that there may be lag or even a crash if the fill area exceeds, say, 50000 blocks. (though probably higher than this, since block placement doesn't cause much lag, and I've done larger fills before)

50k is the block limit for pr2 anyway lol
á
I would like clicking and dragging sections of blocks as well as copying, pasting, rotating, and flipping those sections.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • gemj