METAL MEGATHREAD
my favorite band released a new song a while back

definitely one of the most interesting evolutions ive seen from a musical group...heres something they released more than a decade ago for reference

Video 
This is a band I discovered a while ago and their discography is packed with great songs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DivineZerinus For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM, TRUC
in case anyone hasnt heard of archspire yet

is the most disgusting genre thinkable...
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(6th May 2021, 10:27 PM)DivineZerinus Wrote: This is a band I discovered a while ago and their discography is packed with great songs

Wow, I've been listening to bands' whole discographies for about a year now, and Galneryus are in my next 3 to check IIRC. Discovered them with ''Destiny'', I should be giving them a listen if I follow this pace around the beginning of June, but yep can't wait, they have a great sound ^^

P.S.: I remember sending you a PM (private message) about PM (power metal) on the original JV lol, that was a while ago
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
(7th May 2021, 12:59 AM)bazooka Wrote: is the most disgusting genre thinkable...

(7th May 2021, 6:55 AM)TRUC Wrote: Wow, I've been listening to bands' whole discographies for about a year now, and Galneryus are in my next 3 to check IIRC. Discovered them with ''Destiny'', I should be giving them a listen if I follow this pace around the beginning of June, but yep can't wait, they have a great sound ^^

P.S.: I remember sending you a PM (private message) about PM (power metal) on the original JV lol, that was a while ago
Yeah I remember that exchange. That was a while ago. I hope you're doing well!

Anyway I haven't gone through their whole discography, but I've been through a few albums. Vetelgyus and Ultimate Sacrifice are very good. There aren't too many japanese power metal bands but they are one of my favorites for how much they exaggerate their sounds and sometimes blow their riffs out of proportion but it's so cool. 

This song is also from a band I've known for a long time and I really like how their sound has developed since their first album.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DivineZerinus For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM, TRUC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgYOTNrxGg
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(7th May 2021, 11:12 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote:

Missus overheard and now she scarred for life. xP
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
(8th May 2021, 5:32 AM)bazooka Wrote: Missus overheard and now she scarred for life. xP

Shit happens
1000+ Power metal songs. I just set this on shuffle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AulBEoIG...qRc2EY4lqs
Freedom Call - Freedom Call is probably my favorite of that playlist.

Some good bands: Sonata Arctica (first 4 albums), Stratovarius, Angra, Sabaton, Pyramaze, Axenstar.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kribbles For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
Been a while
These guys will forever be an absolute banger of a band