Poll: Should levels w/ 999 seconds that were published before the infinite time update remain unlimited or be reverted back to 999 seconds?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remain unlimited
100.00%
15 100.00%
Revert back to 999 seconds
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[POLL] 999 time limit
In PR2 v157, levels that had a time limit of 999 seconds, and were published before the infinite time MM update, were converted to infinite time levels.

Please vote on whether you think this change should be reverted or kept.

Disclaimer: the results of the poll will not necessarily dictate my action or lack thereof on this matter.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Remain unlimited

If someone wants their level to be 999 then they can go on PR2 and change the timer in settings and if they've left PR2 long ago then it's of no concern to them. If it's for something like The Legend, that was a special case and was changed accordingly.

Otherwise it would just be with bragging rights of "beating the level" which could just go to "bragging rights of beating the level under 16:39" which is just the same thing and doesn't require the timer fixed strictly at 999.

I don't really see a downside for 999s levels made before the unlimited time MM update remaining unlimited (apart from the 1 case with The Legend but that was fixed before anyway), but I see upsides like making some old hotels last 999s. Even if the upsides are small, compared to the 0 remaining downsides in keeping them infinite results in a net positive and making them go back to 999 is a net negative.
á
(17th September 2021, 1:18 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Remain unlimited

If someone wants their level to be 999 then they can go on PR2 and change the timer in settings and if they've left PR2 long ago then it's of no concern to them. If it's for something like The Legend, that was a special case and was changed accordingly.

Otherwise it would just be with bragging rights of "beating the level" which could just go to "bragging rights of beating the level under 16:39" which is just the same thing and doesn't require the timer fixed strictly at 999.

I don't really see a downside for 999s levels made before the unlimited time MM update remaining unlimited (apart from the 1 case with The Legend but that was fixed before anyway), but I see upsides like making some old hotels last 999s. Even if the upsides are small, compared to the 0 remaining downsides in keeping them infinite results in a net positive and making them go back to 999 is a net negative.

I pretty much totally agree with this. I was curious as to what everyone thinks though, because I remember this got some controversy at the time it was added.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I'll say remain unlimited because before (and I'm speaking personally) the only reason why i used to give my levels 999 seconds was because i wanted the timer to last as long as possible in the racing levels i made. the player didn't need that amount of time to complete the level but, i took into consideration that maybe they'll chat for a while in the level (i personally used to do that a lot too xD) and after a few minutes of chatting, the timer hitted 0 or is about to hit 0 and it's like ''welp... i guess i didn't play the level at all''

But ever since the infinite timer option was added, that's no longer the case.

Now you can chat in the level for as long as you want and try beating a level for as long as you got the patience for if the level is really hard. 
also, level creators don't have to worry about the timer cutting the player off due to it having 16 and only 16 minutes to beat it if it's too difficult. now the players can have all the time they wanna use.

Another advantage of the infinite timer option is if you have an idea that doesn't quite fit racing like glitch levels for example, you can have the level with infinite time so the player can try and retry in level without the player been pressure to finish each section of the level quickly because of the timer having only so much time.

The infinite timer addition (at least for me) was an awesome update, it expanded possibilities on level design as well as making it a little easier to design levels.