Standards for Contests with Prizes
Contests are fun ways for members of the community to promote fun, the growth of this site, and PR2!  Of course, we only want to approve contests that we deem to be functional and fair.  With that in mind, the staff would like to provide you with an insight into the standards we hold for contests run by members.

Please note that it's not necessary for you to have exactly what is listed here to have to be approved, these are just some general guidelines. For instance, if you come to us with a different setup that doesn't require some of these things but is still functional and fair, it can still gain our approval.  All of the guidelines (not rules) are subject to change, so please don't expect it to be strictly limited to what is posted here when trying to create your contest.

Another thing to keep in mind is that users are not allowed to offer up prizes that they themselves have earned through other contests as rewards for their own contests. All prizes must be approved by the staff team (apart from prizes that don't require staff intervention, such as folding prizes).

Guidelines

The duration of which the contest has been running: 2-3 weeks.
A contest should have to be running for this set amount of time before we will consider it for approval. The reason for this is that we want to make sure that the competition is being run smoothly and fairly, as well as making sure it's fun and beneficial to the community in some form. Again, this is easily subject to change depending on whatever factors happen to come into play, but a bit of your own discretion and common sense is required for when you believe it's suitable for approval.

Amount of judges (and how they're selected):
We want to have an appropriate amount of judges (excluding the host) for a contest. We will also be assessing how the judges are chosen. We don't want it as a "volunteer and get the job without question" type of thing.

Popularity:
This one is somewhat unmeasurable, but it's not difficult to notice if a majority of people aren't happy with how the contest is being run, or if the contest isn't receiving many participants for whatever reason.

Contest Layout:
We would like a very clear thread about how the contest is run, what it's about, how it goes, etc. We won't be approving poorly written stuff (and this is only to the extent where it's painfully unreadable). Of course proper grammar and spelling isn't too much of a fuss as long we can still understand what's going on clearly. We don't expect perfect English, just understandable English.

Owner Motivation & Status:
The host of the competition will have to be considered "active" and also be in the rank of Ultimate Member. As well as that, we don't want a host who only made the competition to be able to be granted some power, since that shows a bit of corruption in how the competition will be run and lack of care/devotion to it. Trust me, we can notice these things. There's also a very important message about this which will be added soon towards the bottom of the guide.

No History of Cheating or Foul Play:
We want a completely clean contest that has no history of cheating or any corruption. Having a contest that is able to award prizes is a big responsibility, so we don't want to give approval to a contest with shoddy history.

Owner Conduct:
It is important that the hosts, before and after approval, display mature, respectful and unbiased behavior. It's also important to note that as they will be working very closely with the Mods in regards to their contest, they will have to abide by whatever we ask of them in regards to the contest, that is if they wish to keep their prizes. On this note, hosts are not allowed to give any additional prizes away apart from to winners of their contests without staff approval.

Rules and Tips
  • It will take 3 staff members (at least 1 of which being an admin) to approve a contest before it can be accepted as a contest offering official prizes. However, it only takes 1 negative vote from an admin or 2 negative votes from mods to disapprove it.

• We will at some point, have to cut down on how many competitions we can approve at a certain time. Simply because we will have to monitor all of them to make sure they're continuing to be run fairly. With that, we can only have as many contests as is manageable by the mods.

• To start the contest review process, please post a thread in the Ask a Mod section with [PRIZE REQUEST] in the title. We will only be giving our responses there.

• If a contest wants to allow their staff to compete and win, they need to have this approved by the Staff first in addition to their hosting approval.

• The person who runs the contest is a big part of what we use to decide if we want it as an official contest for the game and site. So really, both the contest and the owner are judged, not just the contest.  If someone is rude, impolite and a general jerk, and yet has a great contest, we'll still deny it.  The owners are representatives of the site, and they are given a large amount of power, so we don't want people who are jerks to really be in that position (since it would make the game and site look bad, along with making the community unhappy).

Disciplinary Actions

We have a 3 strike system for contests. This is in case the host happens to act rude or use their contest as an, "I'm better than you" card. This can also apply to any forms of cheating or bias that comes to our attention, as well as power abuse.

Strikes won't necessarily be warranted for minor offenses, but anything that directly makes the competition, game, or forum look bad.  The number of strikes received at any given time will be decided amongst the staff and will not be the same in every case. Some people may receive more or less, depending on the situation.

Please remember that hosts are representatives of the community, and not to mention, 1 banned host is 1 less contest. We want to avoid inactive contests, as well as rude or insubordinate conduct from hosts.  This has been discussed with Jiggmin, and he has agreed completely. So please, we ask that you all wear your best attitude when being a role model for our community.

As always, not everything can be covered by a guide. There may be incidents in which it would be appropriate to create a rule after we discover a problem, which may lead to disciplinary action without warning. This is why we ask that if a host is in doubt about taking a certain action, they immediately take their concern to Ask a Mod before doing anything themselves. The staff team is always willing to help and clarify things, so please use us as much as necessary to avoid issues.

I hope this was helpful, and that using this you guys can also work to create awesome contests. Good luck to everyone!

This thread was recovered from a web.archive.org link. It was originally posted by inuyasharox on JV. I have updated the thread and posted it here for prospective new contest owners to reference.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ajayci 100, Ashley766, bilal, Bluelightning, Boy 8638, Dangevin, Mulley, Rank, Shane1334, Zelante
LOTW revival?
(26th November 2017, 10:02 PM)Stunt Wrote: LOTW revival?

Possibly! I'm excited to see what you all create!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
RotW and I'll kome back, Ben. Be the admin and I'll do it, pono.
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

Bls can you create a list of prizes that we are allowed to apply for?
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
(28th November 2017, 9:35 AM)Bluelightning Wrote: Bls can you create a list of prizes that we are allowed to apply for?

Anything except cactus and invisible set.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2, Zelante
(28th November 2017, 10:30 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Anything except cactus and invisible set.

But earlier he said no Epic top hat
- Bluelightning

(28th November 2017, 10:31 AM)Bluelightning Wrote: But earlier he said no Epic top hat

I think it has to be unique, only achievable from money or the contest, no other contests.
- Bluelightning

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Bluelightning For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Styler of the week, Painter of the week, Campaign of the F...(Can't remember the word xD), Top deathmacther (or something like that it was). I remember only that.
[Image: GbkvseZ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Tobi66677 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
(4th December 2017, 7:30 PM)Tobi66677 Wrote: Styler of the week, Painter of the week, Campaign of the F...(Can't remember the word xD), Top deathmacther (or something like that it was). I remember only that.

Campaign of the Fortnight! My old contest. YES

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
Did someone say... Painter of the Week ???

If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Zelante
TIME TO BRING BACK POTF (Photographer of the Fortnight)!!!!!
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Zelante
[PRIZE REQUEST]

My DM tournament, started before christmas, Round 1 is now complete.

What prizes can the pr2 staff offer to the winner?

http://challonge.com/m9z70y06
Enjoy the Freedom
(28th November 2017, 10:30 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Anything except cactus and invisible set.

How do you even get these parts now?
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

(4th January 2018, 6:56 PM)Mulley Wrote: How do you even get these parts now?

Well some users have them because admins gave them to them. But the parts are not supposed to be permanently on accounts. They are just in the game because of VoM
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Mulley
imma host runner of the week
(5th December 2017, 5:50 AM)Resarekt Wrote: TIME TO BRING BACK POTF (Photographer of the Fortnight)!!!!!

Honestly, I've gotten pretty good at photography lately, and I can't wait for PotF to make a comeback Big Grin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Resarekt
(7th January 2018, 9:24 AM)Zelante Wrote: Honestly, I've gotten pretty good at photography lately, and I can't wait for PotF to make a comeback Big Grin

Alls I need to know to get it started is that i have a loyal base of people whom are willing to showcase their photographic prowess, and a few judges of course! I would probably expect the contest to make a comeback after this last semester of Community College, like in May so that I can have time to focus on it. But yeah I'm ecstatic to show off my photos I've taken in the past year or so!
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
So do you HAVE to be an ultimate member to host a contest?
I mean I'm more active on PR2 than on the village.
Is this one of those bendable rules?
I mean... I had a contest idea but im not an ultimate member on JV2...
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2
(30th January 2018, 4:38 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: So do you HAVE to be an ultimate member to host a contest?
I mean I'm more active on PR2 than on the village.
Is this one of those bendable rules?
I mean... I had a contest idea but im not an ultimate member on JV2...

Everything in this thread is basically just guidelines, not requirements. We'll work with you if you request prizes.