Poll: Who should be the next CA?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
@Tejs
54.90%
28 54.90%
@TRUC
45.10%
23 45.10%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ambassador Election
Vote for the next JV Community Ambassador! They'll be co-CA with the current one, @AspectZero.

Voting ends on Thursday, August 13 at midnight EDT. Results will be made public after the voting closes (names will not be attached).

Statement from @Tejs:

Tejs Wrote:I see that people want some sort of statement, here's my take on that:
My name is Tejs. I've been playing PR2 since 2009. I'm mainly known in the trapping community as traps is my favourite gamemode on PR2. I am the owner of the Legend Trappers discord server with over 150 members, and I'm the owner of the Legends guild on PR2 which is the current largest guild in the game.

Currently I have a deep understanding of the trapping community's wishes and concerns. Although I have admittedly never been very vocal in other spectrums of our community, I'm obviously planning on changing that with this election in place. I see the optimism from the staff teams side, and I would like to contribute to that.

My ingame names include Genius Shadow, Genial Skygge and Loggix - You'll almost always find me on one of those three. My discord is Tejs#0014 if you'd like to ask me any questions.

As a side note, I cannot stress enough how important it is to find a second CA asap, for reasons gone over in the "Changes" thread (skewing information etc). Asking the community would to me currently likely end in alot of chaos and uncertainty. I think selecting a few candidates was the right choice for now. New, properly community-nominated CA's can always come later once this system has found its place.

Statement from @TRUC:

TRUC Wrote:Hiya there, I'm TRUC, but most people call me truck for some odd reason I never understood. I don't think I need any sort of introduction, as unless you've been living under a rock and/or have only joined the community after mid 2018, chances are you already know who I am. I'm not gonna give details on everything I've done for this place over the years, that's not the point, but I've pretty much always been around to help my best. This Community Ambassador title is just a tag to name what I've been doing since forever (or 2013, whichever you prefer).

Yes, I've always been chill with Bls (also since 2013), as close as to even be part of the staff he chose for a little while when he took the village in his hands back in 2017. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not here to bash anyone. I've seen and lived both sides of this whole ordeal, and I like to think that I've never been much guilty of favouritism in any position I held as contest host, judge or mod. I just aimed to do what's best.

Of course you could think that means I'd be heavily biased for the CA stuff. I'd get that, but those who know me will tell you it doesn't even matter to me. Like I said, I will still be around doing the same things no matter the result here. Done it before naturally even before anyone in the staff was promoted, and that ain't gonna change.

Also thank you Bls for not calling this Community Manager, we all know how THAT went back then eh.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Athena, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Emeiry, gemj, GI_John, Janelle, lalafox, Stxtics, xGuest
Angry 
Give me credit this was my idea and you know it Angry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to okbob3 For This Useful Post:
  • John m., lalafox
Are y’all playing favorites on choosing the users in the poll? How come y’all didn’t ask the community on who we wanted to be the next CA instead of making us choose 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, gemj, JEEJAYEM, John m., okbob3
Probably shouldve let them make statements or a speech before making this thread cuz if I were to vote rn, it would solely rely on the fact that i know who one of the candidates is and havent seen anything from the other. And im pretty confident in assuming that im not the only one whose vote would be based on just that.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, AlphaZ, Ashley766, Dangevin, Fresh Cookies, gemj, John m., Mia, Northadox, tadtad, Uptight 534
(9th August 2020, 8:31 PM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: Probably shouldve let them make statements or a speech before making this thread cuz if I were to vote rn, it would solely rely on the fact that i know who one of the candidates is and havent seen anything from the other. And im pretty confident in assuming that im not the only one whose vote would be based on just that.

hence why I'm abstaining for now
(9th August 2020, 8:05 PM)Addy Wrote: Are y’all playing favorites on choosing the users in the poll? How come y’all didn’t ask the community on who we wanted to be the next CA instead of making us choose 2

Nothing to play favorites on. We figured this was the safest QUICKEST route at the moment. There’s nothing saying we can’t have three! The possibilities are endless.
Quite sloppily put together, thoughtless, and truly I think this was done just as a cover-up to how horrid the first CA was done.

Input from the community, for their literal spokesperson should've been required; I do believe this role as an idea is a great change, however gone about it twice now in the worst way possible..
(9th August 2020, 9:26 PM)Robo Wrote: Quite sloppily put together, thoughtless, and truly I think this was done just as a cover-up to how horrid the first CA was done.

Input from the community, for their literal spokesperson should've been required; I do believe this role as an idea is a great change, however gone about it twice now in the worst way possible..

Ambassadors*

Ambassadors of the United States are persons nominated as ambassadors by the President to serve as United States diplomats to individual nations of the world, to international organizations, and as ambassadors-at-large. Their appointment needs to be confirmed by the United States Senate.”

Basically the same concept here...

(9th August 2020, 9:23 PM)Eternal Wrote: Nothing to play favorites on. We figured this was the safest QUICKEST route at the moment. There’s nothing saying we can’t have three! The possibilities are endless.

[Image: 4aygbg.jpg]
Screwed up the grammar and cannot edit it.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Antonhs, Ashley766, Atari4600, bls1999, Eternal, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Northadox, Stxtics, Zelante
(9th August 2020, 9:39 PM)Eternal Wrote: Ambassadors*

Ambassadors of the United States are persons nominated as ambassadors by the President to serve as United States diplomats to individual nations of the world, to international organizations, and as ambassadors-at-large. Their appointment needs to be confirmed by the United States Senate.”

Basically the same concept here...

Theres a difference between a big country like the US and the small internet community that plays pr2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Fresh Cookies
(9th August 2020, 9:39 PM)Eternal Wrote: Their appointment needs to be confirmed by the United States Senate.”

Everyone in this thread:

[Image: PNU5S5l.jpg]
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Ashley766, Emeiry, ExplosionZ, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Northadox, Uptight 534
I've written a statement since people seemed to like the idea of that, it's in the OP post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, John m., Prince Ande
who are these people
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(9th August 2020, 11:20 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: who are these people

Pr2mers
where is the bowl option
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Bowl For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Fresh Cookies, Janelle, Northadox
Tejs 2020
IHaveDaCowboyz Artifact
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to IHaveDaCowboyz For This Useful Post:
  • Tejs
I don't mind that you guys picked the nominees, I think they're good candidates and I think the role is going to help with the problems people are having with the staff. That's all that matters, right?
You all have no clue what you're complaining about. There's only one true game-changer here...

#Tejs 2020
Owner of Prince Ande, Murderer, Viking & Thousand Hands [Trapwork Accounts]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prince Ande For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, ExplosionZ, IHaveDaCowboyz, Tejs
(9th August 2020, 9:23 PM)Eternal Wrote:
(9th August 2020, 8:05 PM)Addy Wrote: Are y’all playing favorites on choosing the users in the poll? How come y’all didn’t ask the community on who we wanted to be the next CA instead of making us choose 2

Nothing to play favorites on. We figured this was the safest QUICKEST route at the moment. There’s nothing saying we can’t have three! The possibilities are endless.

Last one:
[Image: 4b032q.jpg]
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Janelle
(10th August 2020, 10:24 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Last one:
[Image: 4b032q.jpg]

LOL

Anyways …

I specifically like how they have given us a few "chosen ones" for this round. As staff, they've given us who they think are the best candidates, and it can give this idea a chance to improve as time goes on. Since this is still very new, I think they took the best route for now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • GI_John, Tejs