OSes of JV
I'm stuck with Win7 for now, I like it's design and praticality. It feels like the XP for the late 2010s-20. I experimented with Lubuntu/Debian for a while tho and enjoyed them
Win10 for everyday use, Debian for servers.
Artix GNU/Linux for desktop use (fork of Arch without systemd)
Debian GNU/Linux for servers
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
Windows 10, I would soon get windows 11.
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
I have Arch GNU/Linux whom GNU does not recomment because it lets you get some unfree software easily (such as Microsoft Teams via Arch User Repository) and no prohibition is given to it. Running on a NEC's 12-yo laptop; used to be my grandmother's; it used to have Windows 7. I don't have a desktop environment because it had too much unnecessary features, but just a window manager i3.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to .....|::|::::|... For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(14th November 2021, 2:42 AM).....|::|::::|... Wrote: I have Arch GNU/Linux whom GNU does not recomment because it lets you get some unfree software easily (such as Microsoft Teams via Arch User Repository) and no prohibition is given to it. Running on a NEC's 12-yo laptop; used to be my grandmother's; it used to have Windows 7. I don't have a desktop environment because it had too much unnecessary features, but just a window manager i3.

Many 100% free FSF-approved distributions of GNU/Linux often lack the support that many more popular distributions of GNU/Linux have so sometimes it's better if you're desiring an experience with more consistent community support. Freedom is an ideal of mine, but not entirely like RMS...until there's better free replacements for muh vidya games, I've still got Steam installed (being the only non-free package I have on my system, with the only other non-free software on it being binary blobs).
No DE for me either. I use suckless dwm, very lightweight and meets all my needs.
Also, it's pretty interesting to know someone who is Japanese who knows about stuff like free/libre software and consciously uses it; I'd always assumed that Windows was even bigger in Japan that it is in most Western countries.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • .....|::|::::|...
I use Gentoo with xfce as my work machine. Tried i3 but I use too many undocked windows with work that it just became tedious. Was nice for a while, but would rather use xfce with hotkeys to dock windows.

Windows 10 for video games, which has really been lacking lately.

Ubuntu for simple servers like video game hosting, FreeBSD for critical services like my cloud storage. I guess raspbian for goofy things if that counts.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kribbles For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
Personal:
mac os sonoma (Primary)
Windows 10 (occasional PC gaming & work)
[Insert something clever here]
(14th November 2021, 2:42 AM).....|::|::::|... Wrote: I have Arch GNU/Linux whom GNU does not recomment because it lets you get some unfree software easily (such as Microsoft Teams via Arch User Repository) and no prohibition is given to it. Running on a NEC's 12-yo laptop; used to be my grandmother's; it used to have Windows 7. I don't have a desktop environment because it had too much unnecessary features, but just a window manager i3.

Now I have ASUS laptop with Arch.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to .....|::|::::|... For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
my personal setup is on windows 10, windows 11 for work