When flash dies, what then?
As we all know, flash will no longer work soon. And we were also promised that PR2 would keep on going after that, but how?
Can we have a specified answer, what's gonna be the alternative/solution?

I think everyone has the right to know the details, even if it's an advanced response.

@bls1999@Eternal
Owner of Prince Ande, Murderer, Viking & Thousand Hands [Trapwork Accounts]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Prince Ande For This Useful Post:
  • CyberRodrigo
I can recall discussion of this... I think we have some options. if I recall correctly, there are extensions/clients that will continue to or will be made to run Flash after it "dies", but I can't name them off memory.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Prince Ande
(25th September 2020, 9:04 AM)gemj Wrote: I can recall discussion of this... I think we have some options. if I recall correctly, there are extensions/clients that will continue to or will be made to run Flash after it "dies", but I can't name them off memory.

Newgrounds has created their own Flash Player which can be downloaded and used freely, there's also Supernova SWF player advertised by Kongregate which keeps Flash running indefinitely, and I'm sure there's a few more but I don't know.

I do have thoughts of bls making a standalone version of the game, an executable, and maybe even a mobile port.
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuniFoxo For This Useful Post:
  • CyberRodrigo, gemj, Prince Ande
Well I mean I can recall this thread talking about it. I wish the game could just be converted to HTML5, but it's not like waving a magic wand, it would be a huge undertaking.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Prince Ande
When flash dies, PR2 dies, then my will to live is no more
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, lalafox
[Image: 4gazl2.jpg]
Yes, that is literally what the most likely plan is (i.e. move it to some compatible client).
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, CyberRodrigo, gemj, Janelle, JEEJAYEM, John m., lalafox, Northadox
We make Platform Racing 2: The Squeakquel
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, John m.
(25th September 2020, 11:39 AM)Mystery Wrote: ...I wish the game could just be converted to HTML5...

Why hello there. https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2994
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
You all know just as much as we do. In a perfect world, Jiggmin finishes Platform Racing Forever (or Pr2 Remastered) by years end, and we all migrate there. However, if that’s not the case, we intend to do everything in our power to make sure Pr2 is playable post-December 2020.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • CyberRodrigo, gemj
(26th September 2020, 6:24 AM)Eternal Wrote: You all know just as much as we do. In a perfect world, Jiggmin finishes Platform Racing Forever (or Pr2 Remastered) by years end, and we all migrate there. However, if that’s not the case, we intend to do everything in our power to make sure Pr2 is playable post-December 2020.

We could technically use the Supernova SWF extension or play on NG, however I have no idea will people be aware of these 2 things. I do hope that bls will do the same as isokissa3 did: port PR2 to a standalone application
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to LuniFoxo For This Useful Post:
  • lalafox
Id prefer if this pr2 could be converted to be easily accessible in modern browsers and what jiggmin is devloping could be pr4
(26th September 2020, 6:54 AM)JIyHu Wrote: however I have no idea will people be aware of these 2 things.

I assume when it gets close to the end date there will be an announcement message on PR2 every time you log in informing everyone how to continue playing after support ends, but of course there will be those people that only log in periodically and miss the message altogether (thankfully JV2 has been up long enough that probably over 95% of the people that still log in are aware of this place and would probably check here)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Northadox
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1712
https://youtu.be/xwwyu6jzQ6w (2:38)
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2225

It looks like the SuperNova extension will work quite well, so I'll probably do the same thing Kong is doing (direct people to download the extension instead of flash itself).

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Colind, gemj
(25th September 2020, 10:12 PM)Northadox Wrote: We make Platform Racing 2: The Squeakquel

Platform Racing 2: Electric Boogaloo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo, Northadox
the world will end

but rly ye maybe a plugin like bls said cos I doubt PRF is really even started atm
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo