Linux
Been thinking of switching to Linux from Windows 10 since last night. Anyone recommend it? Anyone against it? Why or why not
I don't recommend it for most people, installing and getting certain programs to work can be a real hassle (the user experience can be a pain too). With that said though, it has gotten a lot easier in recent years especially with certain distros and game compatibility is better than ever. If you mostly browse the web you really shouldn't have much trouble at all switching over, and if you're willing to learn there's a lot you can do. So it really depends what you do and what programs you use/games you play.

I plan to switch myself at some point, although I'll always keep a drive with Windows installed on it for at the very least because of games. I'm not well versed in Linux, I just know a thing or two and can manage to find the information I need most of the time when I've used it. I'd first recommend trying out different distros and finding one you like, if you don't know what distros are it's basically different versions/flavors of Linux (Ubuntu seems to be the most common). You can try them without installing them, you just put them onto a bootable flash drive and you can run them straight from the flash drive but no data will be saved (there's a way to keep data with persistent storage but I wouldn't worry about that). This way you can get a feel for the different versions and decide on one you like or forget the idea entirely. I'd start with googling linux distros for beginners and maybe watching some videos on a few
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
I tried to use Linux when renting the VPC but got all confuse so I had to go w/ Windows.

I think if you know how to use linux then go for it, if you don't then stick w/ windows, that's my two cent to it at least