Motorsports Thread
I guess you all saw this coming really.

This pertains to anything racing cars and bikes but probably will be mostly NASCAR and F1 really.

I mostly just watch sports car racing now but I'll try and sneak in some NASCAR stuff.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Haruhi For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
[Image: yh781ggvdv851.jpg?auto=webp&s=ea2c1b7f4f...dd43bd0da4]
[Image: 7kYGCsj.jpg]
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies, gemj, Haruhi
[Image: mOsLFUI.jpg]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haruhi For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies, gemj, Master Raiden, Uptight 534
Eau Rogue 
[Image: mlIqxI7.png]
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, ExplosionZ, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Uptight 534, Zelante
Some actual news/discussion and not memes: Magnusson and Grosjean will be out of Haas F1 after this season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...o41cV.html
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Yessss!
I do a ton of sim-racing. Gran Turismo and Project Cars 2!

Curious to know if any of you JVers are on either of these. Would love to race w/ you (PS4) ^^

Sticking to the topic, I mostly watch F1
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Haruhi, Master Raiden
(22nd October 2020, 11:15 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Some actual news/discussion and not memes: Magnusson and Grosjean will be out of Haas F1 after this season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...o41cV.html

bit of a shame for Magnussen, I doubt he'll get a seat. I always admired him right back from the McLaren days. it's a great thing his starts are being applauded more and more by F1 on Instagram and what have you. I feel like going to Haas hurt him more than it helped him, however.

Grosjean, on the other hand, I think is lucky to have stayed with Haas so long. with the connections to Ferrari he could've easily been out a while ago, but plaudits to Haas for keeping it respectful and not becoming another Red Bull. no doubts, Grosjean is a decent driver, but with a career like his and that 2020 Haas car, it'd be a miracle if he gets a memorable sendoff. I don't expect him to be back.
(23rd October 2020, 6:38 PM)gemj Wrote: bit of a shame for Magnussen, I doubt he'll get a seat. I always admired him right back from the McLaren days. it's a great thing his starts are being applauded more and more by F1 on Instagram and what have you. I feel like going to Haas hurt him more than it helped him, however.

Grosjean, on the other hand, I think is lucky to have stayed with Haas so long. with the connections to Ferrari he could've easily been out a while ago, but plaudits to Haas for keeping it respectful and not becoming another Red Bull. no doubts, Grosjean is a decent driver, but with a career like his and that 2020 Haas car, it'd be a miracle if he gets a memorable sendoff. I don't expect him to be back.
I think I saw somewhere that Grosjean had a lot of sponsorship money, so that is why they kept him. I would have liked Magnussen to stay, but the team needs a fresh restart. Maybe Magnussen can use some of that Jack and Jones money to get a ride.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(23rd October 2020, 9:50 AM)Zelante Wrote: Yessss!

Curious to know if any of you JVers are on either of these. Would love to race w/ you (PS4) ^^

I play a bit of Gran Turismo as well, although I don't have PSN, so maybe we can race by comparing lap times. Smile
And I pretty much only watch F1 as well.

Do you have the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
This may or may not be big motorsports news, but Lewis Hamilton just passed Michael Schumacher for most wins in F1. Lewis, it's James... Well done!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Haruhi, Zelante
(25th October 2020, 6:39 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: This may or may not be big motorsports news, but Lewis Hamilton just passed Michael Schumacher for most wins in F1. Lewis, it's James... Well done!

pretty big news imo
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
(23rd October 2020, 9:50 AM)Zelante Wrote: Yessss!

Ah darn, I usually play PCARS2 on PC. I used to have GTS but I sold my PS4.

Also Algarve is a wonderful circuit. Hope they come back sometime.
  • Zelante
In the third to last race in the NASCAR season, Kyle Busch wins and extends his one win per season streak. Just for the memes, I was also kind of hoping for the team orders ("Kyle, it's James.") to come in, where Busch lets Truex win to advance to the Championship 4. 

Also in NASCAR news, Kyle Larson is reinstated and signs with Hendrick to drive the 5.
Martinsville is insane.

Kind of dumb how one single specific race out of an otherwise dominant season could just not make you champion.

Also heartbreak for Bottas at Imola.
  • Zelante
(24th October 2020, 1:30 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: I play a bit of Gran Turismo as well, although I don't have PSN, so maybe we can race by comparing lap times. Smile
And I pretty much only watch F1 as well.

Do you have the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC?

Eyyy, I assume you mean PS+? That would be fun Tongue

No, I don't have that DLC, unfortunately. I ended up getting Assetto Corsa instead of the DLC, haha.

Also, nice to see how far safety has come in F1. If it weren't for the improved safety tech, Grosjean wouldn't be here 😬
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
Let me bump with the thiccest airbox ever seen as of recent.

[Image: EwQx85aWUAATzui.png]

DAMN HE THICC
How is everyone enjoying this instant classic championship battle?
(25th October 2021, 6:35 PM)Haruhi Wrote: How is everyone enjoying this instant classic championship battle?

I thought the 2018 season was intense, but this one is on another level. Everything has aligned to place the Top 2 on even points. It's do or die today. No matter the result, I'm sure this season won't be forgotten anytime soon.
For me, games like Gran Turismo 2 and Need for Speed 3 Hot Pursuit, is what taught me how to become a better driver in the real world.