Speedrunner of the Week Revival #6
(14th November 2020, 10:42 PM)TRUC Wrote: I managed to play for just over an hour this week, gave me a bit of time to try cool stuff, however this is still a sloppy run, I could easily see myself get sub 1.30 with those strats (missed the first jump skip after the item and etc. as well), but overall this was very fun.

Snip

And for those wondering about Vipa's advantage with cowboy, I ran this little experiment, I think 2 seconds flat is a safe deduction

Snip
So, countdown is 54 frames (at 27 fps, which is 2 seconds)

So, from when both players hit the mine, with cowboy you are not affected by the mine and therefore can begin running the map. as soon as the countdown is finished

When you hit a mine without cowboy hat you have 100 frames of "stun time" which is around 3.7 seconds. 

interestingly enough, stun time is not the same as hurt time. For example, if you hit a net, you active the 100 frames of stun time, and if you hit a mine while you are still "stunned" your "hurt time" runs out at the same time your stun time runs out. So in more simple terms, if you hit a net on frame 1, then you start your "stun time", then 99 frames later you hit a mine, so on frame 100 you are hurt, but your hurt timer doesn't reset your stun time, so on frame 101 your stun time runs out (from when you hit the net) and that triggers your pr2 character to finish your hurt time, so effectively you were hurt for only 1 frame.