Rank 0 Speedrun Contest Feedback
Hello everyone!

I have had this idea for a speedrun contest for probably four years now. And I think I finally have a practical contest of which, the prize would be The Gecko Set!!!

The general idea of this contest would work like this:

Each month, I will choose three maps for players to speedrun. The runs will be recorded and times will be submitted. The sum of the three times will be the player's "Sum of Best" (SoB) time. This is what will be compared with other players.

Flow of the contest

Players will record their best times of the three chosen maps. All glitches, and hats* are fair game. However, the player is restricted to only use 150 stat points (or the amount of stats a rank 0 player could use).

*All hats except cowboy and artifact

after the videos are submitted, the player with the lowest (or fastest) SoB time, will be declared the winner, and will receive the first prize, "Gecko Feet." Then, if the player wins a second time, will receive the gecko body, third, gecko head, and for the fourth time, will receive the epic upgrades for each of the gecko parts.

Also, there is no target time for the maps, each player is individually responsible for routing the chosen maps. They will discover their own glitches and tricks to save the most time. Now obviously I do not intend for each person to TAS different stats and see what stats make it easy to corner glitch, low jump, or whatever. So I will post an excel spreadsheet that contains a variety of stats and other helpful pr2 information to make it easier for players to design their own route to get through the map.

Rules
1) Players must only use 150 stat points when speedrunning a map

2) All runs must be recorded, and stats must be shown prior to the run

3) The runs DO NOT need to be consecutive, as the goal is to get the best time possible

4) All glitches and hats are fair game (With the exception of cowboy and artifact)

Please let me know what you guys think, and if the mods and admins are okay with it, maybe we can get this ball rolling!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Athena, bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, ExplosionZ, gemj, PanchoMTP, Vipa, ~JBG~
Thumbs Up 
Nice idea, it would be interesting to see =)

(10th November 2020, 3:16 PM)Atari4600 Wrote: Now obviously I do not intend for each person to TAS different stats and see what stats make it easy to corner glitch, low jump, or whatever. So I will post an excel spreadsheet that contains a variety of stats and other helpful pr2 information to make it easier for players to design their own route to get through the map.

I like that you have added this, since players with more knowledge on glitches and miscellaneous things, like yourself, would be heavily favored [Image: thumbsup.png] 
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to PanchoMTP For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600
Now we just need mod approval. . .
(12th November 2020, 3:08 PM)Atari4600 Wrote: Now we just need mod approval. . .

You can post a request for hosting this contest in Contact a Mod... maybe it'll be a quicker response? Smile
@Atari4600 Wishing you the best of luck to host this contest, very interesting!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, gemj
(12th November 2020, 4:27 PM)Janelle Wrote: You can post a request for hosting this contest in Contact a Mod... maybe it'll be a quicker response? Smile
as a matter of fact I did that on October 10, and bumped it a few times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Janelle
(12th November 2020, 5:46 PM)Atari4600 Wrote: as a matter of fact I did that on October 10, and bumped it a few times.

Keep nagging the admins until they respond
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, gemj
this sounds very interesting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, Vipa
(12th November 2020, 5:46 PM)Atari4600 Wrote: as a matter of fact I did that on October 10, and bumped it a few times.

Rip ;_;
I like this idea tbh
would be interesting to see how fast people can go on levels with the stats of a fresh acc/guest (well with hats)
and the glitches and said hats should help to spice it up
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600
@bls1999 @Eternal is this up for approval???
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, Camer the Dragon, gemj, PanchoMTP, Ranko Danko
So, Bi3liu brought up a good point, many of the good speedrunners already have gecko set, and may not get many more people active into pr2, however, I would like some feedback on a different prize system

Consider a carnival with three shelves of prizes, Tier 1, 2, and 3

First place has their choice from any prize from the three tiers
second place can choose a prize from either tier 2 or tier 3
and third place can only choose from a tier 3 prize

What are your thoughts? If you like this idea what do you think the prizes should be? I like the idea of each of the gecko parts to be each a tier 1 prize (but I'd like to have your thoughts)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, Camer the Dragon, Colind, ExplosionZ, gemj, PanchoMTP
That would be even cooler