In response to Flash Player's EOL
Links to play PR2 after December 31

Well, the time is finally upon us.

If, for some reason, you're unaware of the current reality: Adobe will be discontinuing support for Flash Player starting on January 1, 2021. As a result of this, all major browsers that still support it will be blocking Flash content from playing, on or shortly after that date. (Each one has made its own press releases: Chromium, Firefox, Edge)

Important dates:
  • December 31, 2020: Last day of official support for Adobe Flash Player (EOL).
  • January 1, 2021: Flash content is disabled in all major browsers.
  • January 12, 2021: Flash content is blocked from playing on newer versions of the plugin.*
    * = It's unclear what exactly will happen on this date. The details from Adobe are... ambiguous at best, so we will announce if any of our plans need to be modified.
This, however, does not mean that JV will be going away. We've been making some behind-the-scenes preparations to make sure that all Flash content from JV/PR2 remains playable past the EOL. Here are some of the plans:
  • All games will be made available via download for play on local machines. You can download PR2 now. The logistics of how we're offering the other games are still being worked out, so we'll let you know when that happens.
  • All games on JV and PR2Hub will feature instructions on how to play post-EOL. I hope to get this done within the next few days.
  • The Vault of Magics will be converted to PayPal. Since the ability to purchase things with Kreds goes away with the EOL, the Vault needs a new method of payment. After discussing with Jiggmin, we've decided to move to PayPal payments. This will be available starting on January 1, 2021.
If you prefer to play on JV or PR2Hub, there are still options to do so:
  • SuperNova Flash Player: This will allow you to launch Flash movies in the SuperNova player straight from your browser. It's probably the best option for the least amount of interruption of your normal browsing habits; however, it's currently only available on Windows.
  • Newgrounds Flash Player: Newgrounds is offering their own player that will allow you to view content on Newgrounds like normal. Jiggmin's Newgrounds Profile has a bunch of his older games, including PR2; however, these are the non-revival versions. Like the SuperNova player, the Newgrounds player is currently only available for Windows.
Otherwise, you can download the Adobe Flash Player Projector (Windows / Mac / Linux). This is the method by which we plan to allow the games to be played locally. Eventually, we hope browser support will return with the further development of the Ruffle Flash Emulator, which aims to run Flash movies natively in the browser using WebAssembly.

Jiggmin and I are still discussing how exactly to proceed on some points, so I will keep you updated here and on Discord if there are any developments. If you have any questions, feel free to post in Contact a Mod, PM me, or tag me in the JV server on Discord.

Thank you for your continued support over the past few years! Here's to many more!! 🥂 Big Grin

UPDATES:

(26th December 2020, 11:37 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Due to incompatibility with the Kongregate API after the EOL date, please be advised that Kreds will be made obsolete on January 1, 2021. This applies to all Kred-related purchases on Kongregate, not just PR2. It is strongly recommended that you spend your remaining Kreds before that date so that you won't lose any money.

Extra Reading:

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
glad to hear/ see the legit plan to continue PR2/JV in 2021 Smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • John m., new bat pr2
what about the bubbles

edit: they're snowflakes right now but still this is very important
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo, Stxtics, tadtad
(21st December 2020, 10:36 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: what about the bubbles

Some1 gotta make a JS ver of them
á
Very cool Cool
(21st December 2020, 10:37 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Some1 gotta make a JS ver of them
i'll make them in pr3 gaming console
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, LuniFoxo
(21st December 2020, 10:36 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: what about the bubbles

tbh didn't even notice the snowflakes.
Btw I wasn't lying I'm actually making it
[Image: uBN7o2B.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
@bls1999 I got an ideas for the VoM/Paypal & a question.

1A) On Jan 1st, we can get rid of 'Kred' & since it won't be on Kong anymore, can we re-name them to something like 'Jig Coin' where it's a coin that has a logo of Jv's in it?

1B) In another game, they've been doing paypal and I like it, but I got an idea that maybe we can do something like this; https://prnt.sc/w7nbz1 where we can see our 'Kreds', the other two is what comes up when the purchase goes through and you get it so maybe for PR2 it can be Fred The G. Cactus doing something w/ the 'Jig Coin'? Also, we should be able to see our whatever currency in PR2 profile or in VoM

2) Would the paypal checkout be able to have 'QTY' for item such as Happy Hour, Rank Tokens, 1 Day Private Servers, etc?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo
The end is near
Nice
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
(22nd December 2020, 3:29 AM)Colind Wrote: @bls1999 I got an ideas for the VoM/Paypal & a question.

1A) On Jan 1st, we can get rid of 'Kred' & since it won't be on Kong anymore, can we re-name them to something like 'Jig Coin' where it's a coin that has a logo of Jv's in it?

1B) In another game, they've been doing paypal and I like it, but I got an idea that maybe we can do something like this; https://prnt.sc/w7nbz1 where we can see our 'Kreds', the other two is what comes up when the purchase goes through and you get it so maybe for PR2 it can be Fred The G. Cactus doing something w/ the 'Jig Coin'? Also, we should be able to see our whatever currency in PR2 profile or in VoM

2) Would the paypal checkout be able to have 'QTY' for item such as Happy Hour, Rank Tokens, 1 Day Private Servers, etc?

/suggest jig coin mining
I don't see the point of PR2 having an in-game currency. What inherent benefits would it have over direct purchases?
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(22nd December 2020, 12:30 PM)Mystery Wrote: I don't see the point of PR2 having an in-game currency. What inherent benefits would it have over direct purchases?

I second this.
(22nd December 2020, 12:30 PM)Mystery Wrote: I don't see the point of PR2 having an in-game currency. What inherent benefits would it have over direct purchases?

(22nd December 2020, 12:54 PM)Eternal Wrote: I second this.

The purchases used for PR2 should be primarily for keeping the servers up, but I don't see anything wrong with having in-game currency.

When Paypal becomes the new method, Jigg Coins would be used as the in-game currency for what you get so that you don't have to make multiple purchases from your bank or what not.

So like, 100 Jigg Coins/$10, 200 Jigg Coins/$20, pretty much exactly how Kongregate handled their currency.
[Image: unknown.png]

It finally happened.
I prefer to see the actual prices instead of converting whatever made up currency like kreds
(22nd December 2020, 3:29 AM)Colind Wrote: @bls1999 I got an ideas for the VoM/Paypal & a question.

This is an intriguing idea. I hadn't considered this, but it would give a lot more freedom to the order flow than PayPal for every transaction. Additionally, it would be more consistent with the original method of purchases and could probably be done straight from the client (whereas PayPal for every transaction would require launching the browser). The more I think about this, the more I like it.

(22nd December 2020, 3:29 AM)Colind Wrote: 2) Would the paypal checkout be able to have 'QTY' for item such as Happy Hour, Rank Tokens, 1 Day Private Servers, etc?

It would be a lot easier if using Jigg Coin. The way it is right now (how I've been making it), there isn't room for variable quantity.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
@bls1999 I mean if just say I want to stack 24 HH's in your version of 'paypal checkout' I'd have to waste time to purchase the item 24x when it's easier to add a 'QTY Amount' to enter like "Buy Happy Hour" then you enter how many times you want it then it'll come out to you the total you've to pay. You've to think about the players and their time. If you make it where you've to waste so much time to get what you want to buy then most people wouldn't want to buy things, in my opinion though.

@"Mystery" No one is adding anything in-game, we had to go to kongregate website to access the KRED my idea is since we're taking that away we should have it listed in either VoM or when we login to our PR2 acc and see how much we've.

My idea of 'Jigg Coin' or maybe 'Fred Coin' (that I was thinking about at work while at my break) wasn't to be something NEW, it's just a name change of 'KREDS' and we should be able to see the CURRENCY into the game since before we had to go to kongregate to see their currency.
sad to see many flash sites going half-dead if not dead already

pogo was pretty much the standard in bringing in new flash games to experience (imo), but that does not discount many others that hosted so many iconic games.

yay pr2 is still going, even if i hardly play Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Tro For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(21st December 2020, 11:05 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Btw I wasn't lying I'm actually making it
[Image: uBN7o2B.png]

pro
u gotta post a vid when you're done
á