THE ORIGINAL CAMPAIGN - PRINCIPAL OF PLATFORM RACING - Pilot

You might recall way back when I made a blog post about some sort of YouTube project involving Platform Racing or the Jiggmin mythos at large. As you can see here, this has manifested into a new level review series I have dubbed "Principal of Platform Racing", fashioned after MtPain27's Dean of Doom series, where I review each level from a set and rank them appropriately; but here we're reviewing Platform Racing levels. I doubt any of you at all are familiar with his series, but do give his show a watch - both to understand the context of this and because it's a good watch.

This is one of my first "big" video editing projects, and admittedly, this video shows my lack of experience - there's many rough patches here and there, not limited to but including:
  • My commentary with a microphone and recording environment that isn't the best, and with an awkward teenager-like voice that isn't very practiced in the art of narration
  • Choppy and inconsistent video effects
  • A script that could've used more polishing
This was also my first test drive using FOSS video editing software, kdenlive. I didn't feel like pirating Vegas again and I've recently taken the free/libre software-pill (still have yet to move away from many spooky proprietary things though), so there was a learning curve here. It's actually a great piece of software, would definitely recommend for video editing purposes.

I would've had this video up like a day earlier but then kdenlive crashed and I forgot to save, turning five hours worth of work into ether. Woops.

Now this is where you come in. I hope there's some people here interested in the concept and willing to provide me some feedback, or if they'd like to see more episodes in the future.

Also voice reveal if you ever cared about that.

Enjoy, nonetheless.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, bi3liu, bls1999, Boy 8638, Camer the Dragon, Justinbob100, Lego-man945, Overbeing, oxy, TRUC
I thought this was a work of art. Your knowledgeable and insightful analysis paired with your tastefully humorous commentary on some of the most iconic PR2 levels of all time made this video an absolute treat to watch. Well done! Looking forward to more, hopefully. Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
Ey nice
I'm watchin now I'ma comment after
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
Northadox, I'm just gonna say this.
Your video is impressive and stunning. Just the sheer effort put in is amazing.
I'm pretty sad that I wasn't in an era of the game where there was only 1 campaign tho Frown
Nevertheless, great job. I'd like to see more of POPR!
Platform Racing:
--Battle Royale--
and also
Platform Racing 2.2
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to LuniFoxo For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
That was really good!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Justinbob100 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox