RNG F@H Contest
Day 12's results are added to the OP.

And guess who's in first place?

The comeback king himself!!!

That's right, it's... @ExplosionZ !

With perhaps the luckiest streak of luck I've ever seen!

Close behind is @Atari4600 followed closely by @Dan-83 who got a very unfortunate +4.

Down at the bottom is @Ashley766 with @ariana close ahead, closing the gap slightly.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ
Day 12

Overall a pretty rough day, with 5 HORRIBLE ROLLS Eek 
Most people did not get the dice swinging the way they needed it too, unfortunately...

Will do things a bit differently today, individual commentary with statistical chance of winning (based on everyone's own average). No one is mathematically out yet to win any prize, but most will need a big turnover !

----------------------

@ExplosionZ (1st) - His lowest roll in a while, but he certainly won't mind, as it is still a 78. And with that kind of streak (512 in 6 days for 0.04%), he's now in first place overall.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 53,5 (44.65%)

@Atari4600 (2nd) - He managed to roll high enough to complete his comeback as well, and steal 2nd place.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 58,5 (35.70%)

@Dan-83 (3rd) - That one hurts. Still in the top 3, not too far from the leaders, and with a bit of a margin over those below. Anything can happen here.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 62 (30.03%)

@Robo (4th) - Another slight drop in the rankings, but still in a good place to hope for a prize in this chaotic group.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 68,5 (20.80%)

@TRUC (5th) - Somehow survives with an average roll, slowly closing the gap with top 3.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 80,5 (8.20%)

@edetarod (6th) - Another dream crushing roll, as his lead was burned to ashes, but there is still hope.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 87,5 (3.51%)

@FDX3 (7th) - 69, nice. A bounceback from yesterday good enough to keep him into contention.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 88 (3.25%)

@4h3y (8th) - While a little further from the top, 665 is pretty much the limit of where catching up with the current averages remains realistic. Lower than that, one would need the leaders to get bad breaks.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch top 3: 100 (0.01%)
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 62 (0.71%)

----------------------

@Alex.L (9th) - 77 is a good roll to try and climb the steep hill to the top.
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 43 (0.37%)

@Camer the Dragon (10th) - Yikes. Last 2 days were very rough.
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 35,5 (0.25%)

@"platform guy" (11th) - Another 2 roll from the living roller coaster, yet he's bearing a perfectly balanced average of 50,5. Sometimes luck simply cannot be described or understood.
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 32,5 (0.21%)

@MoonFiredk (12th) - This one also hurts, tough luck for these 3 lads today.
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 32 (0.20%)

@Janelle (13th) - Another big leap in the wrong direction. Platform guy has convinced other people to follow his risky technique it seems.
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 30 (0.18%)

@Birgir Kul (14th) - The 2nd half of this event was not on their side. Last person with some hope to reach top 3.
---> MAXIMUM average 3rd place needs to still have a chance: 28 (0.15%)

----------------------

@Dexterity (15th) - Down from here, contestants better start praying for low rolls. Surprisingly, he's one of only 3 who managed this feat on this half of the contest.
---> MINIMUM average last place needs to still have a chance: 65 (0.26%)

@YOSUP72845 (16th) - Getting average rolls will not cut it for a shot at the prize.
---> MINIMUM average last place needs to still have a chance: 64,5 (0.26%)

@new bat pr2 (17th) - Finally a good roll after days of misery... sadly, this is far from ideal at this point.
---> MINIMUM average last place needs to still have a chance: 64 (0.27%)

@Addy (18th) - It's hard to believe, but he's on a relatively good streak of rolls. Sadly, that started after the prize for last place was announced. Tough luck, but the game is not over.
---> MINIMUM average last place needs to still have a chance: 60,5 (0.32%)

@Colind (19th) - His name was near the top of the leaderboard not so long ago. This 83 is a long lost vestige of that era, but he better return to lower rolls in the future.
---> MINIMUM average last place needs to still have a chance: 57,5 (0.37%)

----------------------

@bazooka (20th) - 44 is not too bad under those circumstances, as it leaves him in a realistic spot to finish last. Still standing in a small no man's land though, he might need help from bottom 2 to win this prize.
---> MINIMUM average last place needs to still have a chance: 32 (0.80%)
---> Estimate average needed to clinch last: 5,5 (0.55%)

@ariana (21th) - Another terrible roll to keep the battle for last place going. It's gonna be very close.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch last: 25,5 (12.75%)

@Ashley766 - As good as Addy's rolls have been since the lucky loser prize announcement, her rolls have been equally as bad on the same days. Today was no exception, as she keeps a hardly fought last place.
---> Estimate average needed to clinch last: 36,5 (26.28%)

[Image: MAuEcv.jpg]
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, bazooka, ExplosionZ, Janelle, Mia, MoonFiredk
Nice summary of each user TRUC! I noticed 2 mistakes, however: ExplosionZ is in first, not edetarod. Also, under Atari4600, it says "clinch top 33".

No matter which way this goes in the final 2 days, I just wanna express how exciting this has been. Smile @TRUC really has been livening up this contest with his commentary and charts, so a huge shoutout to him. Thanks everyone for participating, win or lose! I don't know where I'd be without this wonderful community!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • edetarod, ExplosionZ, MoonFiredk, TRUC
(28th January 2021, 9:30 AM)Mystery Wrote: Nice summary of each user TRUC! I noticed 2 mistakes, however: ExplosionZ is in first, not edetarod. Also, under Atari4600, it says "clinch top 33".

No matter which way this goes in the final 2 days, I just wanna express how exciting this has been. Smile @TRUC really has been livening up this contest with his commentary and charts, so a huge shoutout to him. Thanks everyone for participating, win or lose! I don't know where I'd be without this wonderful community!

Yet another fixed post, glad someone's checking my mess x3
And hey we wouldn't be here speculating about RNG without you, so thanks to you even more Tongue
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, Mia
What kind of Graphics card do you have and how many pts are you generating, daily @"Mystery"?
(28th January 2021, 9:58 AM)Fam93 Wrote: What kind of Graphics card do you have and how many pts are you generating, daily @"Mystery"?

GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, and about 2 million F@H points daily.
oof
I was thinking to myself yesterday "huh I haven't got a Terrible or Excellent roll yet wonder if that'll be the case at the end" lol

also TRUC u wrote "eladers" in 3rd place's summary instead of "leaders"
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
(28th January 2021, 10:02 AM)Mystery Wrote: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, and about 2 million F@H points daily.
That's pretty good. It's better than half the graphics cards out there. I bet you had to pay $500-$800 for it.
(28th January 2021, 10:02 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: oof
I was thinking to myself yesterday "huh I haven't got a Terrible or Excellent roll yet wonder if that'll be the case at the end" lol

also TRUC u wrote "eladers" in 3rd place's summary instead of "leaders"

Woops
And yep, I got out of that list yesterday. Colind and 4h3y are still going ^^
this is getting pretty close up the top xD
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
gg's Frown
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
Day 13

A fairly average day, but unfortunately, as the last corner is up ahead, some people now have no chances of winning a prize. That's @bazooka, @Dexterity, @Addy, @new bat pr2, @"platform guy", @Colind, @YOSUP72845, @Camer the Dragon. Hope you all had a fun time at least ^^

BATTLE FOR LAST PLACE: @ariana's 2nd one digit roll in a row gives her a nice cushion of 54 to potentially win the lucky loser prize. Anything higher than that will give @Ashley766 a fighting chance. Sadly for the others, they cannot roll low enough tomorrow (poor @bazooka, even with a 1 the best outcome would be the lose by 1 point).

Mentions to @"platform guy" for the 2-1 sequence of hell, and even @Dan-83, for also getting this horrible luck... although I'm sure both of you did not want it at this point

BATTLE FOR TOP 3: @ExplosionZ's streak is simply out of this world. A total of 587 over 7 days, that's a 0.06% probability. He's been blessed by RNGeesus, but @Atari4600 is not too far. @Robo now holds 3rd place, but he's got a few people on his tail.

- @ExplosionZ can clinch 1st place with 77, 2nd place with 37, 3rd place with 30.

- @Atari4600 can clinch 2nd place with 61, 3rd place with 54.

- @Robo can clinch 3rd place with 94.

- @TRUC (72+), @Dan-83 (92+) and @edetarod (97+) can still finish in 1st place.

- @TRUC (48+), @Dan-83 (68+) and @edetarod (73+) can still finish in 2nd place.

- @TRUC (8+), @Dan-83 (28+), @edetarod (33+), @Alex.L (64+), @FDX3 (72+), @MoonFiredk (75+), @Janelle (76+), @4h3y (81+), @Birgir Kul (93+) can still finish in 3rd place.

Good luck (or bad luck for Ashley and ariana Tongue ) tomorrow, everyone !

[Image: Od1XjD.jpg]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, ExplosionZ, Janelle, Mia, MoonFiredk
Day 13's results added to the OP!

And with these results, it unfortunately means many people don't have a chance at a prize now.

Anyone from 13th-20th in today's standings cannot possibly get a prize spot.

And who else continues their lucky streak? Of course! It's @ExplosionZ! Can he hang onto that luck for the final roll tomorrow, or will his luck finally slip up?

Did @Atari4600 get a decent enough score this round? He's currently in 2nd with a bit of padding, but a bad roll could send him hurdling downward.

@Robo gets a less than ideal roll but is in 3rd, giving the commentator @TRUC a serious chance at a top 3 prize.

Then we have @Dan-83 who gets the worst possible score at a crucial point in the contest. Will he be able to make it up on the final day?

Last but not least for a 1st prize chance, it's @edetarod who at this point, would need basically a miracle to pull off 1st place. He'll need a very good roll and some bad luck on his competitors to squeeze his way into the top 3.

As for the players in 7th-12th place... Luck be a lady tomorrow!

Down on the bottom side of things, it's a lot less competitive now.

Only two people are competing for that last place prize. Our current player in last place is...

@ariana! Her terrible rolls are turning out to be a blessing in disguise, as she is now in last with a sizeable padding.

On the other hand, we have @Ashley766 , whose +80 unfortunately rocketed her forward. She still has a chance at the last place prize, but she would need to score 55 points lower than ariana's roll. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Alright TRUC, take it away!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
(29th January 2021, 7:22 AM)Mystery Wrote: Alright TRUC, take it away!

How did we end up posting our commentary edits on the same exact minute Confused
(29th January 2021, 7:52 AM)TRUC Wrote: How did we end up posting our commentary edits on the same exact minute Confused

Hmm... I don't know! Makes me wonder if we'll also have 2 competitors land on the same exact score on a prize spot tomorrow! Now that would be crazy!
(29th January 2021, 8:01 AM)Mystery Wrote: Hmm... I don't know! Makes me wonder if we'll also have 2 competitors land on the same exact score on a prize spot tomorrow! Now that would be crazy!

Well, you might still see 10 people end up tied for 3rd Tongue
46 tomorrow for me would be pro roll
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
How do I get into this contest?
(29th January 2021, 9:37 AM)Subside Wrote: How do I get into this contest?

It already happened, signups ended like 2wk ago
á
(29th January 2021, 9:38 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: It already happened, signups ended like 2wk ago
Dang. Will there be another one?