Vanish Block Idea
Lightbulb 
How does making the vanish block into a 'timer' sounds? 

* What I mean is you can set the Vanish Block to [0] then it'll vanish like normally. If you put just say any number in-between [1] to [999] it'll wait that long in seconds to vanish. 

Q: Wouldn't this break existing PR2 maps?
A: I don't think it can, but maybe Ben/Jiggmin can make sure that if this is added to default every map to [0] so that way it won't change the map that it's intended for.

Another Idea I have is.. what if we can change the Brick block? [0] is where it can break easily when bumping it but maybe [1 to 9] is how many bump you need to do in order to break it.

If anyone else had this idea please let me know the thread so I can credited you, I do think that maybe these ideas can be for PR4/PRF as well since it'd be nice to change 'PR2 Classic Blocks'.
(24th January 2021, 6:10 AM)Colind Wrote: Q: Wouldn't this break existing PR2 maps?

Not if I created a new level creation format. Over the years, there have been 4(...?), with each new one usually following behind-the-scenes changes. Let's call them save formats.

I'm not sure if each mode has historically been designed with backward-compatibility in mind. I know that people like @Overbeing have technical levels (e.g., don't moves, glitch levels) that broke somewhere along the line. Was that due to the new save formats, a lack of regard for backward-compatibility (making physics changes but keeping the save format the same), or something else entirely? I don't know.

This is the long way of saying: yes, if I were to do this, I'd probably set defaults to preserve backward-compatibility; however, adding this level of block customization would require a new save format entirely. I've wanted to do this for a while (to make a number of really cool suggestions possible), but I keep procrastinating because it will be a TON of work with a very high potential for a lot of things to break.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Battlealvin2009, Colind
Bump, in hope for it to be in PR2 v163 update c:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • Battlealvin2009, edetarod