Search Tags
I've had this idea for a couple days now, and even mentioned it in the discord server, but I finally got my lazy self to post about it on here. Level tags! Level tags can be used to identify what type of level it is, set by the creator. Such as a race, trap, frust, ect. But the main idea was to be able to search for these types so you can easily find the kind of levels you are looking for. (Excuse my lazy photoshopping) 

[Image: MZ0vFgQ.png]

This could make for a much easier time finding levels you'd want to play with people. However I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, this has just been on my mind, and I wanted to share it. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it. 🙂
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zeppy For This Useful Post:
  • 12as, Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Dexterity, Different, ExplosionZ, Hacı, lattum, Magniloquent, Mia, Overbeing, Shocker14
Sick idea !!
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • Zeppy
I like your idea @Zeppy

Another idea to your idea is that why not just do what they do for the 'Modes' where deathmatch is arrows

Hat Attack is an exp hat
Alien is an egg
Objective is 4 square

so my idea is to put these as 'background logo' for your tags;

'Trap logo': https://prnt.sc/zrxint
'Frust Logo': https://prnt.sc/zrydt9
'Racing Logo': https://prnt.sc/zryo2c (i couldn't run the other way, but you get the idea)
'Don't Move Logo': I don't do these type of level so idk what you can do but maybe the blocks that you use for a don't move like mine, arrows, rotates, water blocks, etc.

Any other ideas don't be shy and post them, imo this idea should be the next update @bls1999
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • edetarod, ExplosionZ, Zeppy
(16th February 2021, 5:16 PM)Colind Wrote: I like your idea @Zeppy

Another idea to your idea is that why not just do what they do for the 'Modes' where deathmatch is arrows

Hat Attack is an exp hat
Alien is an egg
Objective is 4 square

so my idea is to put these as 'background logo' for your tags;

'Trap logo': https://prnt.sc/zrxint
'Frust Logo': https://prnt.sc/zrydt9
'Racing Logo': https://prnt.sc/zryo2c (i couldn't run the other way, but you get the idea)
'Don't Move Logo': I don't do these type of level so idk what you can do but maybe the blocks that you use for a don't move like mine, arrows, rotates, water blocks, etc.
I'm glad you, and others like the idea. 😄

I also like the idea for having little backgrounds for the tags, would make levels easier to identify without going to the info tab. However I'm not too certain how it would work when you throw in gamemodes in the mix. Maybe there can be little icons for either the modes or tags to be beside the titles/username? Or maybe the default race mode can just be replaced with them, it's possible!
If it was to be implemented, we would need to apply it to old levels manually. If that's the case, I'm willing to volunteer to get at least part of that backlog done. At least traps and frusts, to a degree, are easy enough. They _already_ use this system, in a way.

[Trap] or [Frust] already appear in descriptions to hasten search attempts, after all.
This owl is many things. But it stares like a champ.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Shocker14 For This Useful Post:
  • Zeppy
(16th February 2021, 8:29 PM)Shocker14 Wrote: If it was to be implemented, we would need to apply it to old levels manually. If that's the case, I'm willing to volunteer to get at least part of that backlog done. At least traps and frusts, to a degree, are easy enough. They _already_ use this system, in a way.

The [trap] or [frust] already appear in descriptions to hasten search attempts, after all.

While it would be nice, I don't think it's a hard need. It would definitely be a huge help for future levels on it's own.

Having a group of people dedicated to manually giving level tags to older levels sounds nice, or, if possible, there could be an option allow players to suggest a tag for that level after completion. Sort of like rating a level, except it would kind of be in a poll format. But this seems like it would be hard to implement, but these are my thoughts on it. Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zeppy For This Useful Post:
  • Shocker14
Mm, there are however a very large quantity of levels already made. In fact, it'd be reasonable to admit that they're the majority. As a result, the new levels tagged would only be a very small minority. and also require people to put in their efforts to choose a tag themselves. Whilst most would be willing to do so, that'd still leave a percentage of new levels tagless. Personally, a system which gives them to old levels would be a greater help.

With the other method, a vote would be probably for the best. Providing accounts with the capability to do so individually would both a) sound like a mess to sort out, and b) have the possibility of the whole thing going haywire. Honestly though, with a large quantity of levels to assign tags to, it would be less a poll, due to the sheer amount of levels meaning that the classification would be spread out.
This owl is many things. But it stares like a champ.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Shocker14 For This Useful Post:
  • Zeppy
BRILLIANT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • oxy, Zeppy
It would be an awesome idea if we could assign trusted players a role which could give them the permission to add tags onto pre-existing levels. That way we could get a good selection of levels fitting in with the tags. I’m not completely sure the difficulty it would be to implement something like this but I still think it’s awesome nevertheless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexterity For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Zeppy