Poll: What's the worst type of pain you've ever felt?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Acute Pain- Cuts, bruises, 1st-3rd degree burns, infections
18.75%
3 18.75%
Chronic Pain- back pain, headaches, shingles, nerve damage.
18.75%
3 18.75%
Neuropathic Pain- toothaches, sharp pain, nerve trauma, pins and needles
37.50%
6 37.50%
Nociceptive Pain- sprains, bone fractures, bums, bruises, abnormal muscles stresses
18.75%
3 18.75%
Radicular Pain- pinch nerve root, numbness, weakness, strange tingling
6.25%
1 6.25%
My pain is not listed on here!
0%
0 0%
I'd rather not say... too embarrassing!
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PAIN SUCKS!
PAIN SUCKS!

You read the title, correctly! You've experienced at least one of these types of pain before during your childhood and adulthood. It's VERY agonizing and extremely obnoxious to deal with. Just stop and think about how annoying it is to deal with one of these types of pain, then go to the doctor or the dentist and try to get one of them to solve the problem, only to have one of them tell you that it's more severe than you think!

Or what if you're in a situation where you can't even afford insurance and you have to suck it up and deal with it! You see what I mean? In your mind, your first option is to try and solve the pain problem yourself and buy medicine from the drug store or lookup home remedies to deal with it. Sure it might go away for a little while, but then you're left with even more intense pain that you can't even deal with, constantly fighting it everyday!

You go to the doctor or dentist, but then they send you home with antibiotics because you don't have insurance. Meanwhile, your pain still exists and you're trying to participate in activities that are a part of your social life that seem to inflict even more pain on you because you'd like to do these activities such as walking, playing basketball, baseball, football, etc. But you can't do it because you're suffering, badly and it's hurting you to move any parts of your body, period!

Just take a moment here and please share with us, what is the worst possible pain you have ever felt on here, how bad was it, are you currently experiencing it, what are you doing about it or what have you done about it, and how are you feeling today? Is it bad enough for surgery or maybe it's just not listed here.

Why have I decided to make this thread? Well, I just wanted to know if there are any of you out there who have experienced some type of pain that you find difficult to deal with such as a broken neck, fractured wrist, strained foot, toothache, etc, and how you're dealing with it. Vote above and let me know below!
I would say the worst pain I've dealt with was tearing my ACL/Meniscus (twice). I went into complete shock and was unaware of having torn it for about an entire week until I made an appointment because, obviously, something didn't feel right, lol.

I've torn it twice during volleyball, and I've had surgery on it twice. I've had surgery on both knees as they had to take some ligaments out of one of them and put it into the injured knee. Recovery was 12 months of therapy... so I underwent therapy for two years total. Smile grand times.

My knee still hurts a lot for the most part, I haven't been able to sprint since I was 18 ;_;
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Worst pain I've felt would probably be the kidney stones I dealt with last April, the day it happened I felt a little bit of kidney pain for most of the day but at the time thought I just hurt a muscle from sleeping wrong or stretching wrong but later when I went to lie down it suddenly hit me all at once and then got even worse (easy 9/10 pain). Thankfully the pain died down a little bit (to around 6 or 7/10) after a minute or two but I was still in a lot of pain and ended up going to the hospital as I had no idea what was going on (should also mention I puked multiple times, once at home and 3 times at the hospital). The doc hit an area on the left side of my lower back and it hurt quite a bit and he was like "yep, kidney stone", got some pain meds shortly after but it was still hurting and I had to sit through an ultrasound with that lingering pain until they finally gave me the good stuff. From what I saw on the ultrasound I had like 5-7 stones, they told me I'd pass them within a day or two but I never did and months later got another ultrasound which revealed only one so thankfully it seems they slowly broke up on their own and I didn't have to deal with them slowly and painfully making their way out as a whole.

One thing I'd recommend to you all is drink lots of water, I thought I drank a good amount at the time but realized I really should've been drinking at least 50% more. I've also been taking it easy on high oxalate foods such as veggies like spinach (super high in oxalates) and nuts as I'm certain the stones I had were oxalate stones (most common type of kidney stone)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Probably not the worst pain I've felt, but the most unbearable pain I've gotten was an abscessed tooth. It's what happens when you get a cavity, and the dentist screws up the filling. Basically, the abscess caused my cheek to swell up like a balloon. I was in constant pain for 2-3 months because they couldn't book me an appointment at the time. It wasn't torturous pain, but the duration made it close to miserable. Probably like, a 6 on the pain scale.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
One time I at 23 cookies laying down in 5 mins then like an hour later I felt like I was having like a heart attack lmao
it was some oesophagus spasm or something oof it went on a while as well like 30-40 min like twice cos I went to the hospital

so don't eat a whole pack of maryland cookies in 5 mins laying down Cool
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Just last week, I received a second degree burn on my pinkie finger and it hurt so much. It was really swollen. The pain now is like a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10. Other than that, I get lots of pain from cramps 😭
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(18th February 2021, 8:53 PM)David Wrote: Worst pain I've felt would probably be the kidney stones I dealt with last April, the day it happened I felt a little bit of kidney pain for most of the day but at the time thought I just hurt a muscle from sleeping wrong or stretching wrong but later when I went to lie down it suddenly hit me all at once and then got even worse (easy 9/10 pain). Thankfully the pain died down a little bit (to around 6 or 7/10) after a minute or two but I was still in a lot of pain and ended up going to the hospital as I had no idea what was going on (should also mention I puked multiple times, once at home and 3 times at the hospital). The doc hit an area on the left side of my lower back and it hurt quite a bit and he was like "yep, kidney stone", got some pain meds shortly after but it was still hurting and I had to sit through an ultrasound with that lingering pain until they finally gave me the good stuff. From what I saw on the ultrasound I had like 5-7 stones, they told me I'd pass them within a day or two but I never did and months later got another ultrasound which revealed only one so thankfully it seems they slowly broke up on their own and I didn't have to deal with them slowly and painfully making their way out as a whole.
I'm glad you made it through that throbbing pain, bro. Kidney stones are no joke, as the pain level (like you said) can spread and become a more serious matter. It's a good thing you went to the doctor when you did. Otherwise who knows what would have happened. I'm glad the stones decided to diminish the pain level. Also you're right. Water does help diminish any issues you have in your immune system. I need to start drinking more water, myself.
(19th February 2021, 2:31 AM)Mystery Wrote: Probably not the worst pain I've felt, but the most unbearable pain I've gotten was an abscessed tooth. It's what happens when you get a cavity, and the dentist screws up the filling. Basically, the abscess caused my cheek to swell up like a balloon. I was in constant pain for 2-3 months because they couldn't book me an appointment at the time. It wasn't torturous pain, but the duration made it close to miserable. Probably like, a 6 on the pain scale.
I know what you mean. Having an abscessed tooth is no joke. I've been there before, even now, and it does hurt but only if I irritate it. Try taking Curcumin Powder and Curcumin vitamins. It could treat that problem if it ever comes back.
I just experienced a 10 on the pain scale and got reminded of this thread. I soaked my wounded toe with no nail on it in scalding hot water mixed with Epsom salt. Luckily, the pain only lasted for about 10-15 minutes, but it was brutal. So uh, pro tip: don't put salt in your wounds (unless you have to), and especially not salt + scalding water.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(19th February 2021, 12:11 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Just last week, I received a second degree burn on my pinkie finger and it hurt so much. It was really swollen. The pain now is like a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10. Other than that, I get lots of pain from cramps 😭

Advice for the cramps:
1. Try taking Midol
2. Heating pad
3. Exercising (helps me a lot, tbh)
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Talk to your doctor if there is no other remedies that help you /:
  • Ashley766
(27th February 2021, 11:20 AM)Janelle Wrote: Advice for the cramps:
1. Try taking Midol
2. Heating pad
3. Exercising (helps me a lot, tbh)
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Talk to your doctor if there is no other remedies that help you /:

yeah.. I'm going to my doctor about it.. It was so bad last week that I missed 2 classes :/
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle
I've broken two fingers, had shoulder reconstruction surgery, broke my wrist, sprained my other wrist and ankle, lower back pain. Good times
[Image: VnNsnRk.gif]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to thique For This Useful Post:
  • Different
All in all,
I’ve sprained my ankle 5 times, broke it once. I’ve had three concussions. A bruised tailbone (that was definitely high on the scale, about a 7/10). Sprained hip flexor. Torn ACL’s and meniscus... twice. Broken my wrist. And I currently and probably will for the rest of my life, have TMJ disorder from an injury to my jaw. Smile
  • Different
The worst injury/pain was definitely tearing my ACL and the subsequent surgery; the first 1-3 days post-surgery was more painful than the initial tear.

As a chronic injury, I am pretty sure I have had runner's knee/IT Band Syndrome in my non-surgical knee for the past 3-4 years (have not seen a doctor). Every time I try to do any long (>5-10 minutes) of constant running, it locks up. Solid combination of running most of my life, load compensation, and atrophy due to focusing on schoolwork.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Janelle
emotional pain :'(
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(28th February 2021, 6:13 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: The worst injury/pain was definitely tearing my ACL and the subsequent surgery; the first 1-3 days post-surgery was more painful than the initial tear.

As a chronic injury, I am pretty sure I have had runner's knee/IT Band Syndrome in my non-surgical knee for the past 3-4 years (have not seen a doctor). Every time I try to do any long (>5-10 minutes) of constant running, it locks up. Solid combination of running most of my life, load compensation, and atrophy due to focusing on schoolwork.

I had to go through this. *twice*. Terrible, absolutely terrible.
  • Uptight 534
(28th February 2021, 11:25 PM)Janelle Wrote: I had to go through this. *twice*. Terrible, absolutely terrible.
Sorry to hear (as well as the other injuries). My single tear pales in comparison to what you went through. 

I definitely would not want to go through that again. If I happen tear it again, I think I will forgo surgery and just build muscle mass through physical therapy. Was the second tear on the same knee or the other one?
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle
(1st March 2021, 10:53 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Sorry to hear (as well as the other injuries). My single tear pales in comparison to what you went through. 

I definitely would not want to go through that again. If I happen tear it again, I think I will forgo surgery and just build muscle mass through physical therapy. Was the second tear on the same knee or the other one?

I tore the same ACL (left leg) twice.

However, I had to have surgery on both knees anyway. They took some ligaments from the right and put it in the left. So I still had to recover both legs.

Speaking of pain... I'm getting two tattoos today and I'm sure they'll be pretty painful =/ wish me luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Uptight 534
I think the worst pain I've felt had less to do with the pain itself and more the way I experienced it. It was just a combination of pretty generic fever symptoms - body aches, headache, chills, fatigue, etc. but my sense of time was slowed dramatically. My mind was also stuck in thought loops and vivid dreams where I was certain that I was thinking about something really hard (like trying to solve a calculus problem in your head) only to wake up and realize that my mind had just been stuck in that state without actually being focused on any topic in particular. The worst of it lasted 2-3 days but it felt like over a week.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(28th February 2021, 10:17 AM)Janelle Wrote: All in all,
I’ve sprained my ankle 5 times, broke it once. I’ve had three concussions. A bruised tailbone (that was definitely high on the scale, about a 7/10). Sprained hip flexor. Torn ACL’s and meniscus... twice. Broken my wrist. And I currently and probably will for the rest of my life, have TMJ disorder from an injury to my jaw. Smile
You're a strong survivor, Janelle 😃 Three concussions, yikes! 😨 Do any of these serious injuries permanently prevent you from doing anything resulting in physical exercise?
i may have dislocated a wrist bone just now