Poll: Does God exist?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.00%
18 45.00%
No
32.50%
13 32.50%
Doesn't Matter
22.50%
9 22.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Existence of God
Does God exist? What are your opinions on this topic?
grateful.
Maybe. Depends on what "God" means to you.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TropicalYeti For This Useful Post:
  • Overbeing
I do believe there is a god. I want to say i'm a firm believer- but I think my mind tells me i'm merely agnostic.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Ranko Danko
Everyone has there different god, so, yes, no & maybe. So I put doesn’t matter.
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

Yes, Jiggmin exists.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Erin For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Bluelightning, Camer the Dragon, Jessica Rocks, Northadox, Nova, Rank, Thales4000, xGuest, Zenas
Everyone goes through tough times. I've been a Christian all my live, and I've had times of doubt. But then I just think to myself, why not? If there is a God as depicted in the Bible so many years ago, then why not believe in it? I do because I'm not giving up anything - or at least I don't feel that way. I go to Church because I like to. It seems like that's where all the nice people are. And I think It's better to live with that sense of hope rather than fear of death, which used to haunt me when I was younger.
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluelightning For This Useful Post:
  • Ranko Danko, xGuest
I honestly don't believe there is one at all, I've had no proof and have no reason to believe in one tbh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley, Nicky

this pretty much sums up exactly how i feel

and if you have time listen to the first 3 minutes of this video as well.
(19th January 2018, 1:13 PM)David Wrote: I don't believe in a god, it's only logical. Religions were created as a way to explain things and to make death not seem so bad. People look at our world and how the chances of it existing the way it does is very slim so think it must be a god, but where does that god come from then? There's also too many religions, they all believe in their religion with the same fervor and think their religion is the only true one when over 90% of the time the only reason they believe in it is because they were raised in that religion. There's also 0 evidence to back up god

Religion is a perversion of the idea of god. If you're willing to converse with more spiritual, less religious people on their understanding of god, you will find that the idea of god is a much more interesting and far reaching thing than the silly "god" that has been pushed by religious zealots in the past. In my opinion, being absolutely sure of the non-existence of god is as naïve as being absolutely sure of the existence of god.
@Everyone saying they need proof of God:
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley, TropicalYeti
(19th January 2018, 4:48 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: @Everyone saying they need proof of God:

This is pretty convincing, but it’s just a show/joke right?
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

(19th January 2018, 5:06 PM)Mulley Wrote: This is pretty convincing, but it’s just a show/joke right?

The best on television.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
If there is a God, he doesn't deserve our forgiveness.
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
(19th January 2018, 1:13 PM)David Wrote:  it's only logical. 

Attached Files Image(s)

- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
Religion was designed to enrapture the minds of the weak, to make them feel safe. Some religions are more oppressive than others just to make its members feel safe, but interestingly enough, we still have extremist groups terrorizing every continent.

"Benevolent" religious like Christians are all the same. They don't preach for the sake of altruism. True altruism does not exist. They preach so they can go to heaven, because they think God can see their every action. If the afterlife didn't exist, neither would Christianity.

You can claim that God has your back, and will take you whenever he desires, but you and I both know that when it comes to crossing the street, you look both ways.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to James Temple For This Useful Post:
  • oxy
(20th January 2018, 5:15 PM)James Temple Wrote: Religion was designed to enrapture the minds of the weak, to make them feel safe. Some religions are more oppressive than others just to make its members feel safe, but interestingly enough, we still have extremist groups terrorizing every continent.

"Benevolent" religious like Christians are all the same. They don't preach for the sake of altruism. True altruism does not exist. They preach so they can go to heaven, because they think God can see their every action. If the afterlife didn't exist, neither would Christianity.

You can claim that God has your back, and will take you whenever he desires, but you and I both know that when it comes to crossing the street, you look both ways.

Religions generally suck but that's a result of humanity not god (if there is one). It is possible (Extremely likely) that whatever "god" is, it is entirely different than what you or I think it is. There really isn't much of an argument to be made for dismissing the possibility of God based on the actions of humans.
(20th January 2018, 6:53 PM)TropicalYeti Wrote: Religions generally suck but that's a result of humanity not god (if there is one). It is possible (Extremely likely) that whatever "god" is, it is entirely different than what you or I think it is. There really isn't much of an argument to be made for dismissing the possibility of God based on the actions of humans.
Whatever "God" is, even if it did at one point exist, God is dead. Humanity is the closest thing to God there is, and boy does it suck. The "scripture" was written by a human, not a God. This planet was created long before humans could have ever been there to witness anything divine. Not even the first testament is correct... if God created Earth on the third day, how did the days pass?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to James Temple For This Useful Post:
  • oxy
(20th January 2018, 7:27 PM)James Temple Wrote: Whatever "God" is, even if it did at one point exist, God is dead. Humanity is the closest thing to God there is, and boy does it suck. The "scripture" was written by a human, not a God. This planet was created long before humans could have ever been there to witness anything divine. Not even the first testament is correct... if God created Earth on the third day, how did the days pass?

Your entirely misunderstanding me. I am in no way referring to the Christian god, or any other religiously affiliated god. The idea of a "god" has existed in the minds of almost all people in the world for all of known history. There might be something to that. Your "god is dead" comment is overly dramatic and honestly its sounds like you heard that in a movie and thought it was deep and are now regurgitating it. I'd urge you to take a second and to try and distance yourself from the narrow idea of a god that falls under religion. 

There are a lot of valid and very interesting arguments against the existence of God but the points that you're making are... well... really not points at all. You're still stuck on the religion thing. The bible is just a book written by people. We are a tiny spec of dirt, in a tiny puff of dust in an unimaginably large universe (which might only be one of infinite others) existing in only 3(or 4 depending on how you look at it) dimensions (of a hypothesized 11 possible dimensions). I doubt any god would ever have any interest in micromanaging one of those little specs of dust, but my idea of God doesn't operate or think or exists as if it is some thing separate from you and I.

In my opinion, God isn't some thing, it is everything.
(20th January 2018, 9:44 PM)TropicalYeti Wrote: Your "god is dead" comment is overly dramatic and honestly its sounds like you heard that in a movie and thought it was deep and are now regurgitating it. 

Small aside: That was actually from a movie called "God's Not Dead" (not saying James took it directly from the movie, but the quote is in it). It is a movie about a Christian student in college who enrolls in a philosophy class and the atheist professor requires everyone to sign a paper saying "God is dead," (basically conceding the professor's opinion that God does not exist is correct so they would not discuss philosophy and religion) or the people who do not sign it have to debate him. The student is the only one that does not sign it and the plot is the student debates him while dealing with this decision.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • TropicalYeti