Community Ambassadors
What's a Community Ambassador?

A Community Ambassador (or "CA") is a special type of community member that is tasked with a few responsibilities, including advising staff on public opinion and having input on decisions that affect the community. Most importantly, however, this person will collect community feedback and relay that to the staff team anonymously, so as to eliminate all elements of bias towards the person giving the feedback.

There are two CAs at any given time; one appointed by the staff team and one elected by the community. The current CAs are:
- Elected: @Stunt
- Appointed: @Camer the Dragon

FAQs

Do CAs have any moderating power?
No. CAs can't moderate or view any privileged information that moderators can (e.g., user information, threads in Contact a Mod, etc.).

How long is a CA's term?
The length of a CA's term is six months. Elections are held over the course of a month twice per year (January/July) to elect the new CA, with the winner taking office on the first of the next month (February/August).

Who is eligible to run for CA?
Anyone who has "Member" status on JV is eligible to run (more information); however, there may be additional guidelines announced when the election starts.

Are there term limits?
CAs may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms in the same CA position. After those two terms, the CA must vacate their position until one term has passed, at which point they can be re-appointed or re-elected to the same position. Alternatively, they can hold the other CA position immediately if appointed/elected to it.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Dangevin, Janelle, Stunt
[Image: JltbDu.jpg]
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
(6th March 2021, 1:40 AM)TRUC Wrote: -snip-

[Image: 86f3b65249fbaca12e142281558c06ac.gif]

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley, TRUC
Tragic as this died out.
[Insert something clever here]
(6th March 2021, 1:40 AM)TRUC Wrote: [Image: JltbDu.jpg]
Matt for modmin and aslo can I be an mod
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(3rd October 2023, 10:52 AM)LCPD Wrote: Tragic as this died out.

@Stunt and @Camer the Dragon are technically still the CAs, we just never did another election. There hasn't been a ton of demand. If y'all want another election, we can do one.

(7th October 2023, 7:42 PM)bls1999 Wrote: @Stunt and @Camer the Dragon are technically still the CAs, we just never did another election. There hasn't been a ton of demand. If y'all want another election, we can do one.

We, The New Belkan Party, call on you Prime Minister Blss to call for an election.
[Insert something clever here]