MUST READ- JV Poll Editing Suggestion
Lightbulb 
We need an option that allows us to be able to edit the Poll whenever a mistake has been made. It's just weird how you only have options to edit your posts and replies, but there's no edit button for being able to change up the number of Poll options, who can see this thread, how long the thread will be active for voting before it's timed out, etc. So @bls1999, if you're following me on this, you should consider it.

This is a brief example of what I mean:

Basically if you've made a mistake in your poll (after submitting it), there should be an option under the Poll that says EDIT POLL and the page would redirect you to the above box, allowing you to edit the number of Poll options, edit whether it's public or private voting, allow multiple options, how much time you have left to vote, etc. Because as you know, mistakes aren't attractive and people WILL point them out, eventually!

Also, before you get ready to submit your thread, just like there's a "Preview Post" option, there should be a PREVIEW POLL option at the bottom that allows you to Preview your Poll before you submit it! But this option would only appear if you've clicked on the "I want to post a poll" box. That way, no one's having to rush and come up with answers before someone sees your thread. Because whenever you post a thread, people can see it before you begin throwing in options for your Poll.

BONUS: If poll voting closes, or you've made a mistake closing it, and you would like to revive it, then there should be an option to open it back up again. But just like you would need 200 posts to open a thread again, the same terminology would have to apply for opening the Poll voting again.

So yeah, just a suggestion if anyone wants to help spread the word.
1. There is a section for "Bugs and Suggestions": https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37
2. The curtness, exclamation points, caps lock, bold, and wrong section are really bringing back bad memories from Acid Forums.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(10th March 2021, 10:26 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: 1. There is a section for "Bugs and Suggestions": https://jiggmin2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37

Honestly, I forgot all about that. But thanks for pointing it out.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
Moved to Bugs and Suggestions Smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Different
This functionality exists in the stock MyBB installation (the forum software this site uses). It's only enabled for members of the staff team as there is potential for it to be abused. If you make a mistake in your poll, feel free to use the Contact a Mod section to request an edit.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.