PR2 v163: Spring Cleaning 2021
PR2 v163: Spring Cleaning 2021

This update contains some new features, QOL updates, and a bunch of essential bug fixes.

Changes/Additions
- The "Could not find a valid login token" error is way less annoying. Now, it will only appear if you haven't logged into that account from that computer in over 30 days. When it does, it'll automatically clear the account from your saved accounts list.
- You can now see the ID of the user or guild whose popup you're currently viewing. Simply press your shift key and it'll swap between the name and ID at the top! Thanks for the suggestion, @__!
- There's a new confirmation box that appears before a level rating is submitted. I inadvertently demonstrated the need for this on a recent live stream of mine... thanks for the suggestion, @Camer the Dragon!
- There are new arrows on the stat selectors. PR1 players rejoice! Thanks to @Northadox for the suggestion, and @Zelante for the report of a bug fixed by this change.
- Your most recent chosen hat now saves (like the stats) in the LE. Thanks for suggesting this, @oxy!
- Hats that fall out of bounds in hat attack mode will now respawn at the level start position for the player whose hat it is. This will prevent the entire game from being ruined if a hat falls off the face of the earth.
- An experimental option for lossless art quality has been added to the options menu. This will disable the derivative rasterization that occurs, AKA the art limit. Art quality in LE will always be lossless. It's experimental because I honestly have no idea if this will affect anything. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion @Vaza, and a related bug report @J m i!

Fixes
- The level password submission box/button now disable themselves while checking a password you submit. This prevents extra requests from being sent from your computer.
- The online list will now only add names once. Thanks to @Camer the Dragon's 125 CPS mouse button @Magniloquent for reporting this.
- The loading level popup now goes away if there's an error loading the level. Previously, it would stay on the screen.
- The race chat scroll bug is as fixed as it's gonna get. Scrolling is completely disabled on Windows, and on Mac it just snaps right back to the bottom. After a few incremental fixes, the saga is hopefully over!
- Active dates now update as intended for players that are online. Thanks for the report, @Master Raiden!
- Clickable names for accounts that have whitespace either at the beginning or end now get the correct player's information. What a concept! Thanks to @Camer the Dragon and @Dexterity for reporting where this occurred.
- Quitting before everyone finishes drawing no longer locks your camera to the start of the level. Everyone liked that. Many thanks to @Ashley766 for the report!
- Squashing other players with the Jigg Hat no longer messes with the positioning of other players on your screen. Thank you to @Camer the Dragon for reporting this!
- Quitting before the 3-2-1-Go! countdown completes in hat attack no longer breaks the level for everyone else. Thanks for the report, @Addy!

Technical Changes
- User list modifications now use user IDs instead of names. Another installment in the broad shift to using user IDs wherever possible.
- All error pages on PR2 Hub should now display properly. There was an error on some pages that made the header display twice, which messed up the formatting.

EDIT: PR2 v163.0.1 fixes an issue that caused level passwords not to work properly. Thanks for the report, @Master Raiden!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, ExplosionZ, Janelle, Magniloquent, Mia, MoonFiredk, Northadox, Overbeing, TRUC, xGuest, Zeppy
The PR2 server came back up right after I got home. Perfect timing! Big Grin

I really like the arrows on the stats! It was one thing I missed about PR1. Smile
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, xGuest
I was kinda hoping that this update would fix the bug in the Pr2 staff. As that bug has caused malfunctioning for a while now 😎
Enjoy the Freedom
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Free For This Useful Post:
  • Eternal
Awesome update like always 😁
tytyty, great QoL improvements
Thanks for epic updates !!
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
It's great to see new updates in PR2, especially such good quality of life ones.
This owl is many things. But it stares like a champ.