Acid forums is gone
Rip, The site gotten deleted

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
(24th March 2021, 4:36 AM)dotime Wrote: Rip, The site gotten deleted

Don't think it's been deleted, but it seems it can't connect with the host's server (aka Nikc10 IIRC)
ax6 is probably aware of that error and working on it
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • dotime
It's not deleted. I messaged ax6 that it was down, and he brought it back up.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • dotime
Yeah, and he's aware it's down. So either he's aware it's down and doesn't have time to bring it back up, or he's aware it's down and he can't be bothered to bring it back up. I hope it's not the end of AF. I have a lot of memories of that place...
(27th March 2021, 12:16 AM)Mystery Wrote: Yeah, and he's aware it's down. So either he's aware it's down and doesn't have time to bring it back up, or he's aware it's down and he can't be bothered to bring it back up. I hope it's not the end of AF. I have a lot of memories of that place...
Hopefully it get back up.. I got tons of pictures and posts there
(27th March 2021, 12:16 AM)Mystery Wrote: Yeah, and he's aware it's down. So either he's aware it's down and doesn't have time to bring it back up, or he's aware it's down and he can't be bothered to bring it back up. I hope it's not the end of AF. I have a lot of memories of that place...

He told me he texted CotI that the server's down and he hasn't replied yet, so I'm inclined to believe it's not the end. I would assume he has backups of everything, anyway, so even if Nick doesn't fix it, he can still put it up somewhere else.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • dotime, Mia
Now it's back btw
Down again

EDIT: Up Again
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
Acid Forums goes up and down way too much. I thought it was a forum, not a dang seesaw.
that forum is trash it has nothing on jv2
(9th April 2021, 11:01 AM)Legendary Wrote: that forum is trash it has nothing on jv2
It has a fairly defined set of rules, which is more than this site. 

Time to restart the Forum Wars again (all credit goes to @Kursed for this image):
[Image: Nq5ozyV.png]
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Resarekt
In my opinion, Acid Forums used to be better than JV2, but not anymore. Even though I've made hundreds of thousands of posts on AF, and have over 10 months of online time there, I don't think it's better. It used to be bustling with activity, but now it's a ghost town. It filled a niche period between 2015 and 2018 when JV2 wasn't really around or very active, and ax6 ran it considerably well. However, this forum was bound to do better since it started reviving the things that made the original JV great. I'll always be grateful for 2017-2019 on Acid Forums, cause I still honestly believe they were the best 2 years of my life. I had so many great conversations in that MPT. That being said, I think bls1999 and Eternal have done a great job devoting their time and effort to this community and the games.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
Haven't been on Acid forums in like 5-6 years.
(11th April 2021, 7:30 AM)Mystery Wrote: In my opinion, Acid Forums used to be better than JV2, but not anymore. Even though I've made hundreds of thousands of posts on AF, and have over 10 months of online time there, I don't think it's better. It used to be bustling with activity, but now it's a ghost town. It filled a niche period between 2015 and 2018 when JV2 wasn't really around or very active, and ax6 ran it considerably well. However, this forum was bound to do better since it started reviving the things that made the original JV great. I'll always be grateful for 2017-2019 on Acid Forums, cause I still honestly believe they were the best 2 years of my life. I had so many great conversations in that MPT. That being said, I think bls1999 and Eternal have done a great job devoting their time and effort to this community and the games.

Oh wow, sorry I let this go unnoticed. Thanks for the gracious words!
(11th April 2021, 7:30 AM)Mystery Wrote:  That being said, I think bls1999 and Eternal have done a great job devoting their time and effort to this community and the games.

They certainly have more time and motivation than I do. Their hearts are in the right place, though I am kind of sad that they decided to take a very agressive approach when they first took over. I'm amazed they've managed to keep the place going, I had pretty much marked it for dead even back then.