Poll: What would you like to do with your life?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Multimedia Careers- music, art, actor, gamer, etc
42.86%
3 42.86%
Medical Careers- doctor, physician, dentist, surgeon, etc
0%
0 0%
Tech/Info Careers- web developer, software, sales engineer, etc
28.57%
2 28.57%
Auto/Engineering Careers- mechanic, auto pilot, salesperson, etc
0%
0 0%
Agriculture- food & natural resources, farmer, landscaping, etc
0%
0 0%
Human Resources- dealing with people
14.29%
1 14.29%
Sports Careers- sports marketing, nutrition coach, personal trainer, etc
14.29%
1 14.29%
Entrepreneurship- own your own business
0%
0 0%
Special Careers not listed here
0%
0 0%
I'm fine with where I'm at/Undecided
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

MOTIVATION- What's Next?
Information 
The Beginning

I'm gonna let you know ahead of time that this thread is not part of the "BIG Announcement". That's coming in the near future. In the meantime, I do have some important information for you all below:

Everyone has something meaningful that they'd like to do with their lives. When you graduate from high school, you have a BIG decision to make, once you step foot into the real world. The real world can be scary if you don't have a plan, or have any options to look forward to.

Where do people wind up after high school? Well, some of them plan on going to college, some of them find regular entry level jobs, and some of them just don't know what to do yet. So, they stay with their parents for a little while until they figure out what they want to do. On the other hand, some of them wind up in jail after going through a rough life during childhood.

Now there's nothing wrong with working two jobs, working one job full-time, working part-time and going to school full-time, going to school part-time and working full-time, or even the BIGGEST one- going to school full-time and working full-time, or working 2 full-time jobs. Mad respect from me to you if you're doing the last two.

But please, I beg you... DO NOT choose the life of crime or choose to do nothing with your life. Eventually this will lead to serious regrets when you get older, trust me. If you've been there and done that already, I hope you turn your life around.

There are those who do have a plan, and those who don't have a plan. If you do have a plan, congratulations. If not, I encourage you to think about what you want to do with your life. It's ok if you don't know what to do right now. But when it gets to a point in time where you've surpassed 25 years old and you're still stuck in that realm of not knowing what to do, then I strongly encourage you to tighten up because one of these days, you're going to regret wasting your life in the 20s.

If you are past 25 years old, then it's still not too late to think about what you want to do with your life. As long as you have time on your side and you have a roof over your head, then you have time to think about other options. NEVER complain about your current situation if you can help it. Complaining leads to sorrowful regrets in life.

I will briefly address that if you don't know what to do with your life because of a personal issue (that makes sense), then I got nothing else to say about that and I hope you do well with whatever that is and make something out of your life. The last thing that I want you all to do is GIVEUP and do nothing. Only losers GIVEUP and do nothing.

All of you who are reading this thread are winners and you may or may not even know it. You just have to find your passion and reach your highest potential if you haven't done that already.

College/University

One of the BEST things about going to college is that if you stick with it and get your degree/diploma, you will obtain higher knowledge than where you started from. But the journey towards getting there, is an arduous one. Yes, you're slammed with homework and projects every week, you have exams and tests that keep you from interacting with your social life, and eventually it gets to a point where you're completely stressed out and fed up.

Not everyone finishes college, and that's ok, just as long as you have a backup plan. If you don't have a backup plan, then the next days of your life could be completely tedious, especially if you don't have a job. On the other hand, if you have the fight in you to continue, then by all means, please continue and think about your goals after you graduate.

If you're not slammed down with student loans and you can afford to make it all the way with financial aid and student loans, then by all means, please finish. If you're not paying out of pocket, then just remember that you have to pay those people back if you drop out 😟 Especially if you don't have a job... oh hell no! If you are paying out of pocket and you can't afford to continue, then I strongly urge you to create a backup plan before you dropout, that way you'll fall into a safety net when the dropout date comes.

Graduation Rewards/Hard Work

For those of you who already graduated from college, give yourselves a big pat on the back because you made it. You never have to go back to school and deal with all the BS pressure of exams, projects, and homework. Unless you're continuing to get your master's degree, or you have to keep going because you want to be a doctor, surgeon, dentist, physician, etc. Then you must keep going.

Depending on what your field of study is, you may end up making some serious money. Not every one who obtains their degree, starts off with a high paying job, obviously. Unless you're an accountant, for example. A lot of entry-level jobs pay between $20-40k depending on where you live.

To break down the rewards in its most simplistic form is that you'll be making money, you get to work at your dream job, and you have a better chance of reaching higher levels of success that you couldn't reach before. Example: materialistic things that you wanted in life that you couldn't get before because you were making an average amount of money.

Yes, you could keep working long shifts everyday, and there's nothing wrong with that because you love money, and money can bring happiness (to a certain extent). It's not everything! If you're not making money working these long 12hr shifts a day, then you need to quit because it's a waste of time and energy. But if you're making money and you feel like this is what you need to do to survive, then by all means, continue. You have my respect 💯👍

If you are working long shifts, daily, and there's something that you want in life and it's going to cost you a fortune, then I urge you to stop and compare your overall annual rate versus the material prize that you want. Calculate all your monthly personal/business expenses, and decide if it's in your reach to get the materialistic thing that you desire. For example: you want a corvette c8 that's six figures. If you're making $20 in hour at your full time, 12hr job, you can afford this (if you have good credit of course), and it's in your reach.

But that's considering the fact that you'll need to (once again), calculate all your monthly personal/business expenses, and ultimately come to that decision as too if you can afford this thing or not.

Regular Jobs/Trades

College isn't for everyone. So what do they do? They go and find a regular job because they love money and they want to get their expenses paid off to survive. Then there are those who'd rather take up a trade such as a carpenter, plumber, landscaper, painter, or anything related to this because it's something that they want to do with their lives, or whatever the case may be. At the end of the day, as long as you're making something out of yourself, or you're making money somewhere, then all these things are perfectly find.

But then what happens when you get tired of doing what you're doing? Then what? Before you step foot in that door, you need to decide whether you're going to retire at that place, move to a higher position, or find something else because eventually everyone becomes fatigued after working at the same place every day/week.

The thing about working regular jobs are the fact that your boss can be a dick, co-workers can piss you off, and you might become fatigued after doing the same old thing over and over again. If you don't mind repeating that piss-water over and over again, or if you feel like you need to do this to make money or because you love money and want to make a living, then go for it!

But if you're tired of that piss-water, than this is a reminder from me to you that you're not trapped and you have untapped potential that you just haven't discovered yet.

Why have I decided to make this thread?

I wanted to see if I could make a difference in any of your lives, or inspire you to do something that you want to do. So that's why I've listed a few options in the poll, to obtain a general idea of something that you'd like to do, or may you'd rather stay where you're at. These options are just going to be general choices, and not everything will be listed in the poll above.

Please don't procrastinate. Procrastination can lead to delays and regrets when it comes to reaching your goals and full potential in life. Just imagine being 40 years of age and not even trying to make something out of your life 😫 Or even worse... all those years you've wasted, sitting on your ass doing nothing and letting all your opportunities fly by you. This kind of thing closes the door to relationships, career opportunities, 💰 that could have been in your pocket to buy the things that you desire, and a roof over your head.

The world is cold and heartless, and if you don't make something out of yourself, most people are going to kick you aside and keep walking. Also, relationships that you may desire, you can forget about that if you won't even help yourself because then you really will feel like a total loser and less of a person if you've got nothing going on.

Do you really want to go past 30 or 40 years old, doing absolutely nothing with your life, or throwing it away after committing crime or not doing anything?! I mean really, now. At least find a job or do something! REMEMBER: it's not that you're a loser, it's just that you didn't even try and you gave up!

So at the end of the day, I want you to stop and think about where you see yourself in a few years from now, and decide if it's something that you're going to do for the rest of your life, or if you're currently unsatisfied with where you are now, and what do you plan on doing about it.

What's Next?

This is a good start for those of you who want to make something out of yourselves, or if you're tired of repeating the same piss-water over and over again:

https://www.careertest.com/

REMEMBER: I don't discredit or criticize what you're currently doing at the moment, if that's what you're doing to make a living. However, I do have a problem with those of you who choose to do nothing with your lives because I want you to be successful with something meaningful!

This is just a reminder and motivational thread for those of you who don't want to do the same thing over again. If you can't find time to go back to school, take up a trade or something, then that's fine. But then eventually you'll want to do something else, so I strongly recommend that you create a plan with time management, consider other jobs, etc. Goodluck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • John m., TRUC