Poll: Which one of these enemies scared you to death as a kid?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Original Design gave me Anxiety
0%
0 0%
Remastered Design gives me the creeps
100.00%
1 100.00%
None of them... I have balls!
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Spyro the Dragon- Original Vs. Remastered
Spyro The Dragon

All of you remember playing Spyro the Dragon on Ps1 as a kid. For those of you who don't know who Spyro is, or never played the original game as a kid on Ps1, he was initially created by Charles Zembillas for Insomniac Games, which was on the original, Ps1 console. In the original game, Spyro's job was to travel between 6 worlds, free the dragons from their frozen statues, and stop Gnasty Gnorc from ruining anyone else's life.

Now, they've remastered it for Unreal Engine on Ps4/Ps5, and I think it looks terrific. But let's cut to the chase. If you've played the original Spyro the Dragon, then you knew how terrifying this enemy was as a child, growing up.

It scared the shit out of people, no cap. The level is called HIGH CAVES, and honestly, for those of you who played Spyro then and now, should be thanking the developers for tweaking this spider's appearance.

I kid you not, you couldn't even finish the game for this enemy. If you have a phobia of spiders, then your anxiety must have been through the roof when you saw this enemy in the game. It's a metal back spider, and the only way to defeat him was to supercharge through him, or obtain a kiss from the beautiful fairy.

If you didn't, you were getting your ass kicked most of the time, trying to take him down with regular 🔥 throwers and a weak ass charge! If you carried that phobia on spiders and saw this big mf, then you were frozen sold, standing there and letting him slap the shit out of you until you died. It's that phobia that kept you from beating the game.

If you had the balls to stand up to this guy and slay the hell out of him, congratulations! If not, I feel for you 😟 Some people are still impacted by the original spider til this day 😫

There's no shame in telling us whether this enemy scared the shit out of you when you were younger. Check out the difference and let me know if you've had trouble with this guy, growing up. Or perhaps the new one gives you hives!

Also, see what people have to say about these nasty devils from hell, in the original game:

https://www.deviantart.com/thedannyman/a...4569490382

ORIGINAL

[Image: LfklkZi.jpg]

REMASTERED

Unfortunately never got the chance to play this.

I would play Spyro 3 | Year of the Dragon growing up. It's by far my favourite in the original PlayStation trilogy
(4th April 2021, 5:51 PM)TheWicked Wrote: Unfortunately never got the chance to play this.

I would play Spyro 3 | Year of the Dragon growing up. It's by far my favourite in the original PlayStation trilogy

Spyro 3 was a good game, but you gotta play the first one too, bro. That's how you'll know how Spyro started out.
Never beat Spyro, played a bit when I was younger but it was my older brother who fully went through it. It's quite nostalgic for me though, especially the music, gonna fully go through it one of these days on my PS1 and then play the remake sometime after

Here's the copy that I have:

[Image: ZsWcX1v.jpg]

(Brightness of the CRT makes the rest look bad on my phone camera lol)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(4th April 2021, 8:40 PM)David Wrote: Never beat Spyro, played a bit when I was younger but it was my older brother who fully went through it. It's quite nostalgic for me though, especially the music, gonna fully go through it one of these days on my PS1 and then play the remake sometime after

Here's the copy that I have:

[Image: ZsWcX1v.jpg]

(Brightness of the CRT makes the rest look bad on my phone camera lol)

Go for it, bro lol! If you happen to go to the high caves level on ps1, let me know if that spider gives you the creeps. I heard it ruined some childhoods.
I got Ocarina of Time for my 4th birthday and the Skulltulas scared the hell out of me, didn't touch any video game for a year except 1080 Snowboarding.
Then I got Rayman 2, was still a very unpleasing experience, so I ended up playing this Spyro game at a friends and oof, spiders were still not cool Rolleyes 

Skyward Sword Skulltulas can burn in hell too.
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(5th April 2021, 6:58 AM)TRUC Wrote: I got Ocarina of Time for my 4th birthday and the Skulltulas scared the hell out of me, didn't touch any video game for a year except 1080 Snowboarding.
Then I got Rayman 2, was still a very unpleasing experience, so I ended up playing this Spyro game at a friends and oof, spiders were still not cool Rolleyes 

Lmfao! You mean this guy?

I don't blame you, lol. Spiders can be terrifying with their creepy ass legs.
I like all the Spryo games. Grew up with all of them, play them all and I got the remastered version on the PS4
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(5th April 2021, 12:04 PM)Colind Wrote: I like all the Spryo games. Grew up with all of them, play them all and I got the remastered version on the PS4

Did the Spider from the High Caves level back on the Ps1 console, ever scared you, growing up?
(5th April 2021, 12:21 PM)Fam93 Wrote: Did the Spider from the High Caves level back on the Ps1 console, ever scared you, growing up?

Nah I just thought it was weird but for me games were harder for me because I was a dumbass and never really practice the controls and just 'smash button' xD
(5th April 2021, 5:10 PM)Colind Wrote: Nah I just thought it was weird but for me games were harder for me because I was a dumbass and never really practice the controls and just 'smash button' xD

lmao! Bro, you should do Youtube Rage quit videos, where you play a game that you've never beaten before, and start raging whenever you lose lol. I'd love to see that. That'd make my day for sure.
(5th April 2021, 6:58 AM)TRUC Wrote: I got Ocarina of Time for my 4th birthday and the Skulltulas scared the hell out of me, didn't touch any video game for a year except 1080 Snowboarding.

I was always afraid of the poes when I was younger and I remember turning off the N64 because of the final battle with Ganon. It wasn't my game file. I was way too scared to play back then, but I re-beat the game a week ago and im gonna try master quest fresh x)
(21st September 2021, 3:42 AM)TheWicked Wrote: I was always afraid of the poes when I was younger and I remember turning off the N64 because of the final battle with Ganon. It wasn't my game file. I was way too scared to play back then, but I re-beat the game a week ago and im gonna try master quest fresh x)

I never managed to make it past the 3rd boss in Jabu Jabu wayyyyy back then hehe, that thing was way too messed up for little me
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
Spyro is, and will always be my purple boi