(Original) Campaign Tier List
#1 | Candyland: fun, interactive, eventful races; various shortcuts and item/hat-based shortcuts allow for player expression; great design; great theming; rewards skillful play and quick strategic thinking; secret areas
#2 | Razorblade: varied, unexpected races; various pathways, difficult shortcuts; enables player expression; great design; spectacular theming; secret areas
#3 | Mario Bros: fun, fast-paced races; fairly linear, but never boring; well-designed; Mario Bros theming Big Grin; secret areas
#4 | Zerostar: glitches galoreeee; countless pathways and shortcuts of various difficulties; unique, creative, interesting design
#5 | Soul Temple: simple but enjoyable; chaotic, fun player interaction; solid design
#6 | It's New York: simple but effective (zooooOOOM across New York); sometimes interesting, but sometimes stale; decent design
#7 | Hat Factory: the original final boss of Pr2-- back in 2008, this was a formidable challenge indeed, and the reward of the Prop Hat made it all the more special; but poorly designed/unpolished
#8 | Blacklight: boring boring boring; bad design; cool theming
#9 | Newbieland: zZzZzZzZ -- nostalgia is the only redeeming factor

Share your thoughts and your own tier list!
TierMaker: https://tiermaker.com/create/pr2-campaig...nal-208894

Attached Files Image(s)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, John m., Overbeing
[Image: 4Jw16vP.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
here is the only correct answer

no partial credit

Attached Files Image(s)

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Tro For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent

#1 - Soul Temple - Very good interaction, fast paced, the tight corridors mean you can shave little bits off with better timing than opponents and use items in more useful ways

#2 - Candyland - Good interaction, decent amount of obstacles and length (as long as either everyone goes for 100/45 or no-one does)

#3 - Mario Bros Remix - Long stretches with lots of items, good interaction but not super interesting level design

#4 - It's New York - Cool to jump between the buildings, ending has items on a long stretch so opportunity for comebacks

#5 - Blacklight - This one has some ok interaction and eh level design, but not as overstaying as Hat Factory and not as bland as Newbieland 2

#6 - Hat Factory - Jiggmin vomited a bunch of blocks into a long level so pretty eh but also not tooooo bad cos lots of diff things

#7 - Newbieland 2 - Alright for the tutorial level, bit of interaction but teleport is OP though and it's very RNG based

#8 - Razor Blade - Move blocks, ew. Decent level apart from that though probs would be high B or low A if not for the move blocks

#9 - Zerostar - Boring, it's just a bunch of teleporting and extremely little interaction between players. Glitches are usually 1 time and result in 1 player pulling very far ahead, or finicky, OP and stat-based.
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
1) Soul Temple - Considering how old this level is, it’s incredibly well polished. The gameplay elements are really fun and varied, the art is awesome and the level itself doesn’t do anything special to stand out from the other campaign levels which I respect. By far my absolute favourite level in this campaign.

2) Candyland - I’d like to think of Candyland as one of the more iconic levels in the campaign, you can tell that Albatross really had fun doing the art for this, from the fatty on the waffle mountain to the pimping gingerbread man. The gameplay itself is really good for racing too as it balances items for both combat and shortcuts well. Although I don’t think it’s quite as polished as Soul Temple, I still think it’s a really enjoyable level to play.

3) Razor Blade - Personally one of the more impressive levels in this campaign, I think Zerostar nailed the map art of the pirate ship superbly and managed to fit in some really fun gameplay within it which offers some really compact aggro-based gameplay. I think what lets this down for me though is the moving-block section, as well as the vast amount of glitches which cut way too much time.

4) Hat Factory - This is where my bias-ness comes in because I’m pretty sure this level is this high just because of how much I love the space slugs design, but overall I wouldn’t even say the level is that bad. I would agree that the level is incredibly ugly which I think is inexcusable considering Jiggmin himself made it, but for some reason I actually enjoy the roller-like gameplay, it makes the level seem more chaotic which I guess would be fitting for a final level.

5) Mario Bros - Don’t get me wrong, this level is pretty cool and it keeps the Mario theme consistent throughout. I suppose the main reason to why I’m not the biggest fan of this level is that it just feels like a complete rip from a Mario game; it lacks the creativity the other levels above had. I do think that the level does give off some fun competitive races when playing with others though hence why I still believe it should get some respect still.

6) Zerostar - I think the idea this level had was definitely something different and fresh at it’s time, however I just can’t help but think how much better it could’ve been if Zerostar gave it that finesse it truly deserved. Overall it isn’t necessarily a bad level, it’s just unfortunately broken with an absurd amount of glitches and teleport rooms which just lack some form of creativity.

7) New York - Similarly to Razor Blade, the map art in this level is really neat and quite satisfying to look at, however instead of developing gameplay within the map art we just kind of race on top of it, which personally can be a bit boring. I can appreciate the effort Steved went into this level since it does seem to be well polished throughout, it’s just this level really has nothing going for it in terms of racing.

8) Blacklight - Continuing on levels which have nothing going for it, Blacklight is by far the most forgettable level in this campaign and it isn’t surprising why. In defense, the concept of the level where you’re racing your opponents who are upside down is pretty neat and I respect the idea. However, what lets this level really down is how basic the gameplay is. For a level which is only around 40 seconds long it’s actually impressive how it still feels somewhat repetitive. Nevertheless, I do think the art and symmetry of this level does do it justice.

9) Newbieland 2 - I did wish the pure nostalgia factor would at least pull this level up a few positions but the more I thought about it the more I agree why this level is the worst in the game. I could go ahead and say how ugly the level layout is or how luck-based the item box is, but nothing annoys me about this level more so the fact that Jiggmin knew that this level would be the first thing people on his game would play. Like, you’d think he’d at least put some effort showcasing a few more of the blocks and varying the gameplay a bit more, but at the moment it just looks like he made the level in 30 minutes and said he was finished with it. Although I don’t have a heavy grudge on the level, it just makes me wonder a lot how much better published levels could be if Jiggmin influenced a bit more effort from Newbieland to them.

[Image: tmzpaJC.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Dexterity For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent

[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
[Image: NBX9qbE.png]

#1 - Candyland is in a tier of its own. It is the best map on Platform Racing 2, but gets ruined by glitchers skipping the tower. I won't hold that against the map though. I like the simple art style, and it's a well designed track. The perfect racing track.

#2 - Mario Bros. Remix is a good course, it's like the precursor to Super Mario Maker. Good art, good length, a very solid entry.

#3 - Soul Temple is a great racing track with a nice art style, but it falls short on race length.

#4 - Razor Blade is a cool looking map that's fun to race on, but... where's the art? It's holding it back from a better tier.

#5 - It's New York! is a fun map to race on, but the art is nothing to write home about.

#6 - Blacklight has a neon feel which is cool, but I don't like racing on it as much.

#7 - Newbieland 2 is a very lackluster level. It explains a few elements of the game, but as far as racing on it, it's pretty boring. Winning basically depends on who gets the teleport to skip a portion of the map.

#8 - Hat Factory doesn't have much going for it. It's not fun to race on. Most of the map feels like sloppily placed blocks. The art isn't great, other than the bit at the end. The only reason it's not at the bottom is because zerostar exists.

#9 - Zerostar is by far the worst map on the original campaign. All it is is spamming teleports. It's not inspired level design at all. It's not fun to race on whatsoever, and glitchers run rampant on this map making it even more unenjoyable for casual racers. The art is barely existent, and it feels like an insult even having it on the original campaign.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent