Poll: Does Homework stress you tf out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell Yeah! I hate it!
22.22%
2 22.22%
Nope! I'm in love with it!
11.11%
1 11.11%
Are you kidding me?! I'd rather die then deal with HW!
0%
0 0%
Not a chance. I'm learning a lot.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Yes and no
55.56%
5 55.56%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Homework Sucks!
Do you ever get bogged down by so much homework that it just eats away at your social life?! It's the weekend, you want to go chill with a few homies and maybe fam, but then your instructor just gave you a sh*t load of homework to complete by Monday night and it's worth 20-25% of your grade... oh f*ck! 😫

It's not just one weekend, it's every weekend. You're waiting for that magical moment where you have absolutely no homework and you can finally relax. But the problem is, you've got that one instructor who's got your social life & freedom in the palm of their hands, and they can decide whether you're done working for them or not. You see what I mean?

You finally turn in your assignments, they're on time (I hope), and you can go relax, right? Hell no! Your instructor says 'I've got something else for you to do'. Or, 'you're gonna need to do this all over again, on top of the other upcoming assignments because this work that you've done is all wrong'.

While he/she is standing there, telling you all that BS, you just want to shove those F papers up their ass and tell them to go fall off a mountain because quite frankly, you've stressed me tf out, and now you want me to do more work?? Why?!

They then tell you to suck it up and deal with it because it's only going to get harder 😫

Even if you do your homework ahead of time, you still have more work to do. If you're the procrastinator and you'd rather have fun and place this daunting beast of a task towards a later time, then you're automatically going to fail.

So tell me this, people: Has this ever happened to you, do you procrastinate, are you stressed out by so much homework (if you're in school), are you ready to decimate your instructor or what? Let me know in the poll or comment below.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
Oh my goodness, this thread is so spot on. Being a college student, I procrastinate a LOT! 😂 it's annoying and so tedious... I literally did like a research paper in 3 days and 2 other papers in the same week. The thing is in college, the professors will not give you a time extension on the missed work so it's terrible Frown. I can't freaking wait to graduate, hopefully next year? 😂 Yes, homework does stress me out.. I still wonder how I'm gonna survive xdd
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(2nd May 2021, 1:26 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Oh my goodness, this thread is so spot on. Being a college student, I procrastinate a LOT! 😂 it's annoying and so tedious... I literally did like a research paper in 3 days and 2 other papers in the same week. The thing is in college, the professors will not give you a time extension on the missed work so it's terrible Frown. I can't freaking wait to graduate, hopefully next year? 😂 Yes, homework does stress me out.. I still wonder how I'm gonna survive xdd

Poor thing, lol 😂 I'd take a match and light those papers on fire, just because it's so stressful lol. Also, yeah you're right. The professors rather you do the homework in a certain amount of time. You can forget about extensions. Anyways, Good luck, @Ashley766!
  • Ashley766
Do you ever get bogged down by so much homework that it just eats away at your social life?! It's the weekend, you want to go chill with a few homies and maybe fam, but then your students just gave you a sh*t load of homework to grade by Monday night and it's worth 20-25% of their grades... oh f*ck! 😫

It's not just one weekend, it's every weekend. You're waiting for that magical moment where you have absolutely no homework and you can finally relax. But the problem is, you've got **** ton of students who's got your social life & freedom in the palm of their hands, and they are obligatorily bound to whether they're done learning from you or not. You see what I mean?

You finally graded those assignments, they're on time (I hope), and you can go relax, right? Hell no! Your students say 'My dog ate my homework'. Or, 'I'm gonna hand this in late, on top of the other upcoming assignments because this work that you've assigned is so difficult'.

While they/them are standing there, telling you all that BS, you just want to shove those F papers up their ass and tell them to go fall off a mountain because quite frankly, they've stressed me tf out, and now they want me to do more work?? Why?! I'm just trying to do my job and hope those kids learn the necessary stuff to graduate and be better people.

So the best I can do is to tell you to suck it up and deal with it because it's only going to get harder 😫

Even if you do grade their homework ahead of time, you still have more work to do. If you're the procrastinator and you'd rather have fun and place this daunting beast of a task towards a later time, then you're automatically going to be fired and probably go work at McDonald's instead.

So tell me this, people: Has this ever happened to you, do you procrastinate, are you stressed out by so many gradings (if you're in the education sector), are you ready to decimate your institutions or what? Let me know in the poll or comment below.

TL;DR just a few nouns/words changed and you've got a whole new perspective. I hate homework as much as you do (currently managing six 1500+ word essays due on the same week), but if I put in shitty work, it's only gonna be ever shittier for the one responsible to grade them.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
H0000mework. I'm constantly doing homework. It's either homework or work, unfortunately.

I take two classes at a time, which is considered full-time where I'm going to school. However, I finish a whole 16 weeks of these classes in 8 weeks, so everything's double each week.

BUT, I'm getting through it. I'll be done with regular classes this year then onto an internship at the end of the year.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Different
It's a bit of an annoyance but at the same time mostly I'd say it's ok cos you need to know the stuff for the exam anyway, plus it doesn't tend to suck up tooo much of my time relatively speaking
The times I hate homework is when you have to do stuff harder than what's gonna be on the exam and it sucks up hours and hours, the worst is when you take an hour to try to fix something that was literally "oh I put a minus sign instead of a plus" and it took like an hour to find
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(2nd May 2021, 8:01 PM)Battlealvin2009 Wrote: TL;DR just a few nouns/words changed and you've got a whole new perspective. I hate homework as much as you do (currently managing six 1500+ word essays due on the same week), but if I put in shitty work, it's only gonna be ever shittier for the one responsible to grade them.

Lmfao! You sound like a teacher 😂 But I can understand where you're coming from. Six 1500+ word essays? Holy cow! Bro, I hate essays more than homework 😫 I'm glad that I was able to transfer my English course credits to the university that I'm in now. Quite frankly, I never want to see another paper again.
I hated homework so much, I cheated my entire junior year just to avoid doing it.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
i dont like homework when its from a class i dont care about. im willing to put more time and effort into homework if its something that i actually want to improve on
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(2nd May 2021, 1:26 PM)Ashley766 Wrote:  the professors will not give you a time extension on the missed work so it's terrible

ive never had a high school teacher who gave me an extension but ive been able to get an extension in college probably about 90% of the times ive asked
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Janelle
Homework is a necessary evil tbh. It can REALLY suck sometimes but it's just material meant to challenge you to make sure you know the material. I've grown to accept it through university. But...I still get bogged down by it sometimes haha
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Different, JEEJAYEM, Uptight 534
(2nd May 2021, 8:48 PM)Fam93 Wrote: Lmfao! You sound like a teacher 😂  But I can understand where you're coming from. Six 1500+ word essays? Holy cow! Bro, I hate essays more than homework 😫 I'm glad that I was able to transfer my English course credits to the university that I'm in now. Quite frankly, I never want to see another paper again.
Year 3 Psychology Student in a UK university. Had started one month in advance, and each paper averaged out containing 30+ citations. Have just handed in 4 essays today with 2 more due in a few days.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(2nd May 2021, 8:04 PM)Janelle Wrote: H0000mework. I'm constantly doing homework. It's either homework or work, unfortunately.

I take two classes at a time, which is considered full-time where I'm going to school. However, I finish a whole 16 weeks of these classes in 8 weeks, so everything's double each week.

BUT, I'm getting through it. I'll be done with regular classes this year then onto an internship at the end of the year.

That sounds stressful 😫 Mad respect from me to you for keeping your grinding level, high 💯 Good luck with everything!

(2nd May 2021, 8:14 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: The worst is when you take an hour to try to fix something that was literally "oh I put a minus sign instead of a plus" and it took like an hour to find

I remember those dreadful days, bro. I hated it, even now 😫 It's the little things that can low-key stress you out to the maximum.

(3rd May 2021, 6:34 AM)Mystery Wrote: I hated homework so much, I cheated my entire junior year just to avoid doing it.

lol damn, bro! That bad? 😂

(3rd May 2021, 8:07 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: i dont like homework when its from a class i dont care about. im willing to put more time and effort into homework if its something that i actually want to improve on

That's literally how I feel, tbh. Anything that was systematically designed to keep you sinking in boredom, will not coexist with me at all 😒

(3rd May 2021, 9:26 AM)Big Brother Council Wrote: Homework is a necessary evil tbh. It can REALLY suck sometimes but it's just material meant to challenge you to make sure you know the material. I've grown to accept it through university. But...I still get bogged down by it sometimes haha

Facts! 💯 This is why I'll be glad when I'm done with university next year, lol.

(3rd May 2021, 10:31 AM)Battlealvin2009 Wrote: Year 3 Psychology Student in a UK university. Had started one month in advance, and each paper averaged out containing 30+ citations. Have just handed in 4 essays today with 2 more due in a few days.

Good luck with that. I made sure I wouldn't have to write so many essays. But you my friend, are a warrior.
  • Janelle
I can't relate as I don't have homework, but at first glance at the threat title I thought this was a discussion about Starbucks Coffee and got excited, then I read it right and got disappointed.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(4th May 2021, 2:34 AM)bazooka Wrote: At first glance at the threat title I thought this was a discussion about Starbucks Coffee and got excited, then I read it right and got disappointed.

Starbucks Coffee...?? LOL! 😂 Sounds like you were having an off day, bro.. haha 🤣
  • bazooka
It depends on the type of homework. Sometimes it supplements the classwork well and helps to understand the concepts. The homework that stinks is "busywork" where it is completely tedious and does not benefit learning.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different