why is there more than one server? (pr2)
why tf is there more than one server. i pulled up today and noticed that the activity was split within the different servers. 12 on derron, 5 on carina, and 11 on foltz. i'm thinking wtf... we gotta keep the activity flourishing which is to say that there should only be one server. why tf is there more than one server? y'all gotta keep one server so that it forces people to hop on that one and only that one
idk man ive been trying to push for having 0.25 servers for a while now
Hell no, they better not take away my Fitz
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
Yeah, we've taken action in recent years to reduce the number of servers by removing Isabel, Morgana, Andres, etc. I'm pretty satisfied with the 4 + tournament we have currently. It gives the marcoers a little space to spread out and gives a pretty solid balance of happy hours. Maybe we may consider removing Fitz one day, but it's not really doing any harm keeping the servers currently online, online.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, Different
F for Fitz if that happens
That's where My friends and I played in 2009 lol
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Eternal
(8th May 2021, 8:39 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: F for Fitz if that happens
That's where My friends and I played in 2009 lol

For nostalgia sake, I really hate removing servers..
Yeah it'd be kind of sad if some server names got removed from the game since they've always been there, even if it's a little impractical.
yall gotta move on from the past. we're here to rejuvenate and create something new. im standing my ground in saying remove all the servers, we gotta get these playboys back in action. get the activity thumping as a matter fact, them macroes contribute the least to the game. they're more interested in the clout that comes with being high ranked than the actual game itself. keep derron and call it a day
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to solorzmiguel For This Useful Post:
  • bazooka
(9th May 2021, 3:13 AM)solorzmiguel Wrote: yall gotta move on from the past. we're here to rejuvenate and create something new. im standing my ground in saying remove all the servers, we gotta get these playboys back in action. get the activity thumping as a matter fact, them macroes contribute the least to the game. they're more interested in the clout that comes with being high ranked than the actual game itself. keep derron and call it a day

Actually cannot fault what you're saying here. It seems the efforts go into satisfying the small majority that still play and not looking through the eyes of a new-comer
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
That's not gonna draw new people in, all it would do is alienate part of the current small playerbase.
Tbh tho
if some servers got removed could just change the names on a daily basis
same server just diff name
á
If we had only one server, I'd quit Pr2 tbh with you. To me the purpose of having the other servers are to avoid having so much traffic happening on one server. If we had a whole bunch of people logging in on just one server, I wouldn't be surprised if it would crash the game. So there's no need to eliminate any more servers. Plus more servers equals more privacy. Not everyone can afford a private server.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
Yeah honestly I get part of the argument but deleting servers isn't actually going to change anything about the game. I don't see why a newcomer would be bothered about there being a few empty servers. This is pretty trivial compared to almost all aspects of the game imo.
well looks like we are being presented with two options: to appeal to the small minority that still plays the game or to try to launch it again. if you look at the state of pr2, as dead as it is, it would be better to try & launch it up again because it's devoid of any real engagement rn. these people are running a dead game which is to say that whatever they're doing/implenting isn't working. i am not coming from the perspective of how can we make our current players happy, i am coming from the persepctive of how can we make this game poppin' like it used to be. fam93 made a good point in saying that a lot of folks in one server would crash it, but let's be honest here: pr2 really isn't that active today to where something like that could actually happen so im thinking we still good with just one for now
(9th May 2021, 5:15 PM)solorzmiguel Wrote: i am coming from the persepctive of how can we make this game poppin' like it used to be.

I'll admit, Pr2 is pretty much dead and we've lost almost 3/4 of the roster atm. But that's because the older players grew tired of Pr2 back in 2010/2011 because it quickly became overrated. But here's the problem for now: If you take a look at the sh**ty hats that we currently have, it's putting players to sleep. Crown and Cowboy use to be special back in 2009, but that's because not many people had them. Now it's overrated and essentially useless.

Sound effects are trash, the hats have boring powers, and the reason the game was popping back then is because F@H and Rank 50+ were considered special back then. Now they're overrated, which makes players quit.

So my point is, if you keep only one server, it'll cause people to quit because it'll make the game less appealing and even more overrated. You see what I mean?
How is eliminating servers going to bring new players into the game? That makes no sense to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, bls1999
hmm, realistically i don't know if there is a way that we can bump the activity especially with flash not being able to run anymore. maybe it's a lost battle. if i'm being honest, the reason why i'd like everyone in one server is just because i want the chat poppin' again. a lot of us liked the whole social aspect of the game more so than anything else. we made a lot of friends (and enemies) on this game. it was fun just having people to talk to, but it doesn't seem as though there's a lot of people left chatting anymore. i guess we could leave the game the exact same and just let whomever is gonna play, play. (((nice thread)))