Level of the Week! (PR2)
Big Grin 
[Image: Level-of-the-Week-Thread-Banner-1.png]

Hello! This is the official Level of the Week contest thread for Platform Racing 2!

Level of the Week finally returns after a multi-year-long hiatus! If you're not familiar with how Level of the Week works, I'll get you updated. Basically every week you guys can suggest your own levels (or someone else's levels) in this thread. If you or your friend's level are made very well and it's fun to play, that level you suggested may win Level of the Week! Want to know how to submit a level? Keep on reading...

How It Works

Simply leave a reply down below listing off a few things. What we'll need to know are...
  • The creator of your submission's PR2 username:
  • Your PR2 username:
  • What the level name is:
  • What the level ID is (this one is optional):
  • When the level was last updated:
  • What type of level it is:
  • A description of the level (this one is optional):

The rules for this contest can be found down below in the Rules section of this post. Make sure to read them! After 6 PM CT rolls around on Fridays of each week, submissions for that week are closed, and a new submission period starts for the next week.

Any level can be given the title of Level of the Week. However, newer levels are a priority this time around. We'd really like to see you get creative with the new tools added to your arsenal like teleportation blocks, custom stat blocks, or the change made to the moon hat (low gravity baby)!

What we will be doing is every weekend on Sundays, the Judges and I will be playing throughout all the submitted levels made by the users of JV. Once we come to an agreement on what level should win, I will make a post announcing the Level of the Week on the same day. If you see us on during the time we play each level, feel free to join in on the racing!

As for those who are interested in playing each Level of the Week, the winning level that is picked for the week will be where the artifact hat is placed on Thursday's (at varying times so it's fair to everyone living in different time zones). Be quick to play the level and find the artifact first on the given time each week, or miss out on potential big rewards like bonus XP or the elusive Bubble Set!

One very big change that will happen from time to time is the inclusion of something called Theme Weeks. The submission theme for certain weeks will change so that there is more variety from time to time (not all the time though). Examples of Theme Weeks range from Deathmatch Level ThemedArtistic Expression ThemedHoliday Themed, or even Artifact Challenge Themed for weeks where a selection is based around if it would be a good, challenging Artifact to obtain. Some weeks there may be a change to who gets to pick the Level of the Week. Examples of these would be a Staff's Choice WeekCommunity Ambassador's Choice Week, or a Community Choice Week. Be sure to look at this post for updates on when these themes take place as it won't be a common occurrence.

Rewards

Who would want to compete in a competition without rewards!? (Maybe you just like competition? Hmmm?) Anyway, there are quite a few rewards for those that end up having their level(s) win, and even a reward to those who help submit the winning submission!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The account that created the winning submission will be sent a Private Message (PM) on Platform Racing 2 asking what prize they would like, and on what account they would like it on. If the owner of the account does not respond within 3 days I will be putting the appropriate prize for the amount of times they have won on the account that won. The account listed under "Your PR2 Username" in your submission post will obtain the prize for submitting a winning submission. Additionally, these rewards apply to submissions that win the current version of the contest and not the previous version from years ago.

• If you win Level of the Week, you will be rewarded with the elusive Dog Set! This is the only way you'll be able to obtain this set, so keep trying even if you don't win the week you submitted your level! 
    (Note: You can give this reward to a different account if you'd like!)

What the Dog Set looks like:

[Image: dogset.gif]
  • If you win Level of the Week two(!!) times, you will be rewarded with 1,000,000 EXP! That might help you level up a bit I'd imagine.
    (Note: You can give this reward to a different account, or you can exchange this for a Dog Set on a different account if you'd like!)

• If you manage to win Level of the Week three or more(!!!) times, you will be rewarded with 5,000,000 EXP with each additional victory and a place on this post's Hall of Fame section! If you manage to do earn this reward, all I gotta say is... you make some pretty good levels. 
    (Note: You can give this reward to a different account, or you can exchange this for a Dog Set on a different account if you'd like!)
  • If you somehow manage to win Level of the Week five(!!!!!) times, you will be rewarded with a permanent Artifact Hat! This reward cannot be claimed more than once per account, so once you have reached five wins, you will not be getting anymore Artifact Hats based on a single account's win count.

What the Permanent Artifact Hat looks like:

[Image: Artifact-Hat-Prize.png]

• If you help submit a winning level (so not your own level, but someone else's), you will be rewarded with the Bubble Set! Thanks for showing off a great level, we appreciate it! 
    (Note: The account listed under "Your PR2 Username" in your submission post will be awarded this prize!)

What the Bubble Set looks like:

[Image: bubbleset2.gif]

This Week's Winner is...

The Caves 2 by ZRD

Level of the Week Winners

Weeks 1 through 100: Can be found here!
Week 101: Under Race by MoonFiredk
Week 102: - Notatrap - by 4h3y
Week 103: Space Base by Levente77
Week 104: ~Graveyard~ by SCR-GP
Week 105: Wonderland 4 by Levente77
Week 106: GEOMETRIA ULTRA by Griffith
Week 107: Plethora by Levente77
Week 108: Dusk Raiders by Overbeing
Week 109: Sunset Temple by Ezmeralda
Week 110: Push Puzzle 3 by moslof
Week 111: Winter Wonderland by Levente77
Week 112: Don't Move JV by Overbeing
Week 113: PR2 World by Evil Crash
Week 114: Sundown by Levente77
Week 115: The Caves by ZRD
Week 116: Zero Start by ~JBG~
Week 117: 2.5 Retro by The Duck
Week 118: Pacer by ZRD
Week 119: Perspective by Overbeing
Week 120: The Caves 2 by ZRD
Week 121: To Be Determined!

Hall of Fame

Stunt - Winner of Level of the Week 13 Times!
(Week 29, Week 36, Week 42, Week 44, Week 50, Week 56, Week 62, Week 65, Week 67, Week 69,
Week 73, Week 75)

Overbeing - Winner of Level of the Week 12 Times!
(Week 4, Week 7, Week 10, Week 12, Week 18, Week 43, Week 45, Week 47, Week 55, Week 108, Week 112, Week 119)

makie98 - Winner of Level of the Week 7 Times!
(Week 2, Week 49, Week 55, Week 59, Week 61, Week 71, Week 76)

justinbob100
 - Winner of Level of the Week 5
 Times!
(Week 3, Week 5, Week 15, Week 24, Week 52)

Devious Taylor - Winner of Level of the Week 5 Times!
(Week 35, Week 39, Week 70, Week 78, Week 82)

~Stunt Man~ - Winner of Level of the Week 5 Times!
(Week 27, Week 58, Week 77, Week 79, Week 95)

Levente77 - Winner of Level of the Week 5 Times!
(Week 103, Week 105, Week 107, Week 111, Week 114)

Camer999 - Winner of Level of the Week 4 Times!
(Week 37, Week 84, Week 87, Week 90)

4h3y - Winner of Level of the Week 4 Times!
(Week 57, Week 81, Week 86, Week 102)

Mana-Fire - Winner of Level of the Week 3 Times!
(Week 53, Week 74, Week 100)

MoonFiredk - Winner of Level of the Week 3 Times!
(Week 97, Week 99, Week 101)

ZRD - Winner of Level of the Week 3 Times!
(Week 115, Week 118, Week 120)

Past Winners

As you may know, Level of the Week used to exist years ago. However, it was deleted once the original Jiggmin's Village disappeared. Luckily though, @Dexterity managed to make a list of the past winners of Level of the Week.

Click here if you'd like to see the original winners of the Level of the Week contest!

Judges

@Dangevin        (HOST)
@TRUC             (JUDGE)

Useful Tips

If you have a useful level creating tip thread and you want recognition for it, PM me! I'd love to have your thread or post featured here!

Rules
  • You must submit your or someone else's level using the format listed in the How It Works section of this post

• Levels that are created more recently have a more likely chance of winning since we want to highlight levels that utilize newer features. However, levels made prior to this contest starting up again can win too.

• You cannot submit trap, frustration, unfinished, or troll/empty submission levels unless specified in a submission theme for a given week (example of troll levels: Just drawing an egg plant in a level containing no blocks and no way of finishing).

• You must submit your level before Friday at 6 PM CT.

• You can submit up to 1 level per week.

• The levels must be submitted on JV via this thread OR the Level of the Week thread on the Jiggmin's Village Discord. That way I can sort out which levels the judges play in an easier fashion.

• Submission changes must be made up by Friday at 3 PM CT. If you'd like to change your submission, please make a post stating what the level you made before was and then what your new submission is now while still following the submission format. Making changes to your submissions after this time will move your submission from that current week's list to next week's list.

• The submission has to be an original and finished submission. Copied levels will not be accepted and will eventually lead to a banning from the contest and your prizes revoked if given any.

• If you win this iteration of Level of the Week, you must wait a week before you can win again. (You can still submit a different level from a different creator during this time period however.) The same level cannot win twice.

• The account you submit must have been online in the last year in order to be eligible to win.

Contact Me

PM Me if you're...
  • dying to ask a question related to Level of the Week

• interested in judging for Level of the Week (there are complications to this if you're chosen as a judge, which will be discussed)

• interested in submitting a Level of the Week banner that can be used for this thread

• interested in making suggestions for the actual Level of the Week contest (related to the thread not levels)

• interested in suggesting or talking about anything else
Dangevin
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, AlphaZ, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Janelle, Magniloquent, Mulley, Nemo Nation, Overbeing, Shane1334, Speedblur, TRUC
Information 
The submission deadline is on Friday, March 22nd at 6 PM CT!

This Week's Submission List

1. BattleGround, but with Clowns! by Underbeing
2. Purgatory by ZRD
3. Celestica by Levente77
4. Submit your levels!

Week 122's Submission List

1. Sandstorm by ZRD
2. BattleGround, but with Clowns! by Underbeing
3. Portal Temple by justinbob100

Week 121's Submission List

1. 2.6 Time by The Duck
2. Roseate by Levente77
Dangevin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Overbeing
damn I was gonna submit cola traps but it says no traps
F
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Dangevin
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: good job man
Your PR2 username: good job man
What the level name is: Rage 2!
When the level was last updated: about a year or so ago
What type of level it is: good ol classic racing
A description of the level (this one is optional): its a really ****in cool level
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
Here we go again, all the way back from February 2013 !
I get post #6 instead of post #8, that's an improvement Tongue
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin
Thats awesome that somebody finally got a new contest through
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Dexterity
Your PR2 username: Dexterity
What the level name is: Tundra Troubles
When the level was last updated: 8th January 2021
What type of level it is: Racing
A description of the level (this one is optional): A snowy cavernous level featuring a few monsters along the way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexterity For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Magniloquent
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Tejs
Your PR2 username: ExplosionZ
What the level name is: Catharsis Trapwork
When the level was last updated: idk
What type of level it is: Traps (The Best)
A description of the level (this one is optional): Great Trapwork dedicated to Lich and Odin0030, great map in tribute to them, great innovative traps within the map, a real test of skill is used in this map. This is fosho one of the greatest maps of all time
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Snowgoon
What the level name is: Avalanche
When the level was last updated: 25.06.2021
What type of level it is: Trapwork
A description of the level (this one is optional): This is one of the craziest maps i have ever seen. This is a great map which shows a high level of understanding between the creator and also the people who play. This has so much potential to be one of the craziest and best trapworks of all time. GJ Smile
(26th June 2021, 2:18 AM)solorzmiguel Wrote: hell as long as it's not some ***** ass trap level then it's probably level of the week

why do you have such an aversion towards ass traps?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(25th June 2021, 7:20 AM)ExplosionZ Wrote: The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Tejs
What the level name is: Catharsis Trapwork
When the level was last updated: idk
What type of level it is: Traps (The Best)
A description of the level (this one is optional): Great Trapwork dedicated to Lich and Odin0030, great map in tribute to them, great innovative traps within the map, a real test of skill is used in this map. This is fosho one of the greatest maps of all time

(25th June 2021, 7:21 AM)ExplosionZ Wrote: The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Snowgoon
What the level name is: Avalanche
When the level was last updated: 25.06.2021
What type of level it is: Trapwork
A description of the level (this one is optional): This is one of the craziest maps i have ever seen. This is a great map which shows a high level of understanding between the creator and also the people who play. This has so much potential to be one of the craziest and best trapworks of all time. GJ Smile

- 1 suggestion is allowed per week
- Please refer to the rules for valid level types
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Dangevin
Author of submission (PR2 name): The Duck
My PR2 username: Overbeing (donating, if allowed)
Level Title: QuizTime I| (ID: 3034774)
Last Updated: 3/Feb/2010
Level Type: Quiz

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Overbeing
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Colind
Your PR2 username: Colind
What the level name is: Perfect Storm (6202240)
When the level was last updated: March 26 of 2020
What type of level it is: Racing
A description of the level (this one is optional): Travel through the stormy night & see if you can make it out alive
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
(25th June 2021, 6:41 AM)Prince Ande Wrote: JV staff. You've done it again! Ignore traps and trappers at all costs and categorize us with "troll/empty levels".

We wouldn't have TRAPS included in level of the week, would we?! Levels that actually takes a lot of skill, time, thinking and creativiy to make in this game. 

Sorry, but this is closeminded :/ we really gotta submit a theme week for a chance

Have fun making art levels tho ^^ <3

"Levels that actually takes a lot of skill, time, thinking and creativiy to make in this game."

1. this is so cringe
2. you might wanna type your rant properly if you want to be taken seriously
3. being able to draw something cohesive and atmospheric plus having a fun, interactive level are def things that need skill, some thinking and creativity, don't you think?
[Image: Emeiry.png]
(28th June 2021, 8:39 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Author of submission (PR2 name): The Duck
My PR2 username: Overbeing (donating, if allowed)
Level Title: QuizTime I| (ID: 3034774)
Last Updated: 3/Feb/2010
Level Type: Quiz
You crack me up. I was thinking about submitting Quiz time 3, but how could it hold a candle to perfection like QuizTime II does?
Anyhow, I guess I'm entering into competition with myself either way. I'll submit-

• The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Overbeing

• Your PR2 username: Overbeing

• What the level name is: Scavenger Hunt

• When the level was last updated: June 29th 2021 (Mostly built in May)

• What type of level it is: [b]Puzzle/Skill[/b]

• A description of the level: Difficult, but I wouldn't categorize it as a full Frust level. It makes use of some of the updates that PR2 has had more recently like Custom Item blocks and Custom Stat blocks. It tests your skills and knowledge as a player.

• ID 6505434
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, bls1999
One more day until the first submission period is over!
Dangevin
Submissions for Week 1 are now over! Submissions made after this post are to be considered for Week 2's submission list!
Dangevin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
[Image: Level-of-the-Week-Winner-Week-1.png]

This Week's Winner is...

Tundra Troubles by Dexterity
(Submitted by @Dexterity)

We chose this level because of its fun and well-crafted gameplay that rewards those who are careful with how they navigate each section, making it a go-to replay-able level for speed-running.

Week 1 Submission List:

1. Rage 2! by good job man
2. Tundra Troubles by Dexterity
3. QuizTime I| by The Duck
4. Perfect Storm by Colind
5. Scavenger Hunt by Overbeing
Dangevin
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, AlphaZ, Dexterity, Janelle, JEEJAYEM, Magniloquent, Master Raiden, Mulley, TRUC
Oh hey, LotW is back! Guess I'll give it a shot:

The creator of your submission's PR2 username: makie98
Your PR2 username: makie98
What the level name is: Blue Desert
When the level was last updated: 5th July 2021
What type of level it is: Race
A description of the level (this one is optional): A pretty short level based on my profile background on the old JV forums (I was Mana-Fire back then).
[Image: 9SYINKZ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4h3y For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Mulley
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: AVGN
Your PR2 username: Platform Racing 2 (AVGN is my alt)
What the level name is: Easy Quiz
When the level was last updated: 5th July 2021
What type of level it is: Quiz
A description of the level (this one is optional): A quiz purposely made to be so bad it's good. It's got my stupid silly humor. I first made it in 2016, but I just made it better by including my hat restriction suggestion, and teleport blocks. I hope you enjoy it!
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ