Level of the Week! (PR2)
(1st November 2021, 11:05 PM)Overbeing Wrote: bls1999 is our overlord and we don't deserve him.

🥺🥺🥺

[Image: stephen-colbert-happy.gif]

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Overbeing
(1st November 2021, 6:52 PM)Speedblur Wrote: Wow, it has been a long time. Why are the previous LotW winners not listed (I mean, before LotW was restarted)? Perhaps many of those people are not here anymore, but I think it is good to remember them.
Does Jiggmin have any whereabouts of LotW anymore, or is he just on another giant rampage of neglect?
What is PR2 like nowadays? Can I still create a level or will all the new level features make me balk?

Good to know this competition is still going!

"Why are the previous LotW winners not listed"

- I lost the list back when the original JV website went down. If there is a list somewhere I'd love to highlight those levels in the OP and possibly make a separate thread highlighting those levels. PM me if you find a list!!

"Does Jiggmin have any whereabouts of LotW anymore, or is he just on another giant rampage of neglect?"

- Not sure what you mean by this. Are you talking about whether he's aware that LotW has started up again, or that his involvement in LotW is nowhere to be seen? If what you meant is the latter, he has never been directly involved with LotW at any point in terms of running it, and has only helped provide the prizes in the past. I was the original LotW contest host.

"What is PR2 like nowadays?"

- It's still quite fun, just not nearly as active as it used to be. Sort of to be expected though with Adobe Flash Player no longer around and the game being over 12 years old. There's a lot more of a trap level presence within the community than there used to be, and a lot less of a racing presence. That's not a bad thing though! If you're interested in reaching out to people to try and get a race going, you could always join the Jiggmin's Village Discord server: https://discord.gg/ZJDPKy9V96

"Can I still create a new level or will all the new level features make me balk?"

- I'd imagine you'd be able to create a new level without much issue nowadays. There's not a huge difference between the level creation tools now and how they used to be. There's just a lot of convenient changes, and very positive additions. Nothing too crazy. I guess the biggest change would be the implementation of Art 0 and Art 00 if you weren't around from back when they were implemented. Otherwise the other biggest and most recent addition would probably be Teleport Blocks. Those might take some time to get used to implementing in your levels. In terms of this competition, it's fine if you don't use the newer features. If you end up making a new level, I'd definitely recommend submitting it here!  Big Grin
Dangevin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Overbeing, Speedblur
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: carl.02
Your PR2 username: carl.02
What the level name is: Dalahäst
When the level was last updated: 31st October 2021
What type of level it is: Race
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Johnsson For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
(2nd November 2021, 8:07 PM)Dangevin Wrote: "Why are the previous LotW winners not listed"

- I lost the list back when the original JV website went down. If there is a list somewhere I'd love to highlight those levels in the OP and possibly make a separate thread highlighting those levels. PM me if you find a list!!
Looks like Dexterity made this list. It is great.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...e&ths=true
It has level of the week, campaign of the month, speedrunner of the week, racing levels and more. I've been slowly playing all of them. Smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Dangevin
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Lunanova
Your PR2 username: Overbeing
What the level name is: Astrum Redux
When the level was last updated: 21/Aug/2010
What type of level it is: Race
ID: 3601536
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
(3rd November 2021, 5:52 PM)Overbeing Wrote: Looks like Dexterity made this list. It is great.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...e&ths=true
It has level of the week, campaign of the month, speedrunner of the week, racing levels and more. I've been slowly playing all of them. Smile
Wow that's a pretty cool list!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Justinbob100 For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin
[Image: Level-of-the-Week-Winner-Week-19.png]

This Week's Winner is...

Dalahäst by carl.02
(Submitted by @Johnsson)

This level uses teleport blocks to help maneuver around the inside of a horse through its map artwork. The level, although simplistic at times, gives a decent challenge for those who enjoy speedrunning through racing levels.

Week 19 Submission List:

1. Dalahäst by carl.02
2. Astrum Redux by Lunanova
Dangevin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, Johnsson, Overbeing
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Soulripper
Your PR2 username: Champion
What the level name is: Lunar Victory
When the level was last updated: 11th June 2020
What type of level it is: Block Art/Race
ID: 5756810
A description of the level: Great race to be played by all levels of players, uses a variety of blocks to keep the race interesting while maintaining a high quality of art throughout the map, nice use of items, perfect art.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
The creator of your submissions PR2 username: God
Your PR2 username: Vipa
Level name: Santa's Workshop
Last updated: 13/Nov/2021 (old level, but updated some small things)
Type of level: Race
ID: 6382437

Seasonal themed level now that we're approaching the holidays. Find your way to the Christmas presents!
[Image: giphy.gif]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vipa For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
[Image: Level-of-the-Week-Winner-Week-20.png]

This Week's Winner is...

Perfect Storm by Colind
(Submitted by @AlphaZ, voted on by TRUC and myself)

This levels combines great artwork and gameplay which utilizes the rotation block to re-traverse areas you've already been to in a different way to make a fantastically crafted racing experience.

Week 20 Submission List:

1. Perfect Storm by Colind
2. Lunar Victory by Soulripper (Runner Up)
3. Santa's Workshop by God
Dangevin
  • AlphaZ, Overbeing, Vipa
The creator of your submissions PR2 username: God
Your PR2 username: Vipa
Level name: Santa's Workshop
Last updated: 13/Nov/2021 (old level, but updated some small things)
Type of level: Race
ID: 6382437

Seasonal themed level now that we're approaching the holidays. Find your way to the Christmas presents!
[Image: giphy.gif]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vipa For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: The Duck (An alt account of mine)
What the level name is: Quiz Time 3
When the level was last updated: 8/Mar/2021
What type of level it is: Quiz
ID: 6504773
A description of the level: Designed to heavily reference a very old level of mine (QuizTime II). Uses a similar tone and art style and goes all out. The level gets harder and harder as you go through. It contains skill sections, puzzle sections, but most importantly, Quiz questions.
  • AlphaZ
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: justinbob100
Your PR2 username: justinbob100
What the level name is: ~Grass Realm~.
When the level was last updated: 5/Apr/2020
What type of level it is: Race/Speedrun
ID: 6266881
A description of the level: This is a artsy-speedrun map that was intended for a series (which may continue who knows). It's got a grassy theme and sort of looks like Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Justinbob100 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
Big Grin 
[Image: Level-of-the-Week-Winner-Week-21.png]

This Week's Winner is...

Santa's Workshop by God
(Submitted by @Vipa)

A holiday theme with clever use of the artwork which adds onto its good gameplay that rewards consistency merges together to make this a great festive level.

Week 21 Submission List:

1. Santa's Workshop by God
2. Quiz Time 3 by The Duck
3. ~Grass Realm~ by justinbob100 (Runner Up)
Dangevin
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, ExplosionZ, Janelle, Justinbob100, Vipa
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: ~JBG~
Your PR2 username: ~JBG~
What the level name is: Candy Cane Fields (6508568)
When the level was last updated: 13/Nov/2021
What type of level it is: Tutorial level
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: The Duck (An alt account of mine)
What the level name is: Quiz Time 3
When the level was last updated: 8/Mar/2021
What type of level it is: Quiz
ID: 6504773
A description of the level: Designed to heavily reference a very old level of mine (QuizTime II). Uses a similar tone and art style and goes all out. The level gets harder and harder as you go through. It contains skill sections, puzzle sections, but most importantly, Quiz questions.
  • AlphaZ
The creator of your submission's PR2 username: Soulripper
Your PR2 username: Combustion
What the level name is: Lunar Victory
When the level was last updated: 11th June 2020
What type of level it is: Block Art/Race
ID: 5756810
A description of the level: Great race to be played by all levels of players, uses a variety of blocks to keep the race interesting while maintaining a high quality of art throughout the map, nice use of items, perfect art.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
Big Grin 

This Week's Winner is...

Lunar Victory by Soulripper
(Submitted by @ExplosionZ)

This fast paced level that promotes combat makes for a great competitive racing experience. Definitely would recommend playing this level with your friends!

Week 22 Submission List:

1. Candy Cane Field by ~JBG~
2. Quiz Time 3 by The Duck (Runner Up)
3. Lunar Victory by Soulripper
Dangevin
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, Janelle
  • The creator of your submission's PR2 username: krekle

• Your PR2 username: krekle

• What the level name is: Rhombus (Hard)

• When the level was last updated: 1/Dec/2021

• What type of level it is: Race

• A description of the level (this one is optional): A difficult race map with a space theme.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DroXXzuZ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, ~JBG~
Big Grin 
[Image: Level-of-the-Week-Winner-Week-23.png]

This Week's Winner is...

Rhombus (Hard) by krekle
(Submitted by @DroXXzuZ)

This level combines smaller frustration-like gameplay elements with gameplay that utilizes various super jump glitches and jet pack sections to create a very enjoyable and challenging experience.
Dangevin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Janelle