PR2 v165: Level of the Teleports
PR2 v165: Level of the Teleports

This update contains adds new features and introduces a major overhaul of the artifact mechanics.

Changes/Additions
- The place to input alternate keys in the options menu looks nicer. It's now arranged as your keys are. It's aesthetic™!
- Level creators can now choose whether or not to publish to newest. Thanks for the suggestion, @AlphaZ!
- You can now equip parts straight from the part information popups. Thanks for suggesting this, @Shocker14!
- Date/time formatting is now localized. All dates/times in PR2 now use your computer's timezone. In most places, you can also see a full version of the date/time formatted according to your computer's date/time display settings by hovering over the short date.
- The artifact has evolved. In an effort to make the artifact hunt fairer for all, new artifact locations will be announced ahead of time. Additionally, levels that host the artifact will become the Level of the Week, and the level creator will earn the brand new Dog Set! We'll have more information for you within the next week, so stay tuned!
- TELEPORT BLOCKS!!! There's a new block called a Teleport Block! It looks like this. These teleport players to the next teleport block of the same color on the map. You can set the color of the block using block options. Thank you to @Northadox for suggesting this!

Fixes
- Some more links have been added to the credits. The links for the Jigg Hat and Gecko Set on the credits page were previously lost, but they now link to their appropriate threads from old JV on the web archive.
- Teleport animations now show for all players. You now see the teleport animation when anyone teleports, not just you. The PR2 code seems to indicate that Jiggmin meant to do this in 2008, but forgot to add it with the other animations.

Technical Changes
- The JSON structure of some files has changed. get_player_info.php now has epoch timestamps instead of date strings for register/active dates (w/ 0 for Age of Heroes). artifact_hint.txt is deprecated -- the new file is level_of_the_week.json.

Here's the Motley Monday episode for this update!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • 4h3y, Adulock77, AlphaZ, ariana, Battlealvin2009, bi3liu, Colind, Dangevin, Janelle, Lego-man945, Magniloquent, Northadox, oxy, Shocker14, Stxtics, tadtad, ThePizzaEater1000
(17th May 2021, 10:44 PM)bls1999 Wrote: - TELEPORT BLOCKS!!! There's a new block called a Teleport Block! It looks like this. These teleport players to the next teleport block of the same color on the map. You can set the color of the block using block options. Thank you to @Northadox for suggesting this

Okay, this is epic.

(As a level creator, this does put a smile on my face Smile)
[Image: 9SYINKZ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4h3y For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, bls1999
This would be interesting to see how 'all type of maps' can come up w this block idea, many thanks @bls1999

You forgot to add artifact hat, 9th & 10th onto the FAH ladder
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
This is INSANE! So many options! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!!! Muahahahaha!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Adulock77 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Tele blocks are great and very versatile
will be cool to see what the new arti does
and the "don't publish to newest" will work well with a couple levels I might update so that the long arrow back sections will just use the new tele blocks instead
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
So this new Dog Set is only available to those voted by a handful of people, (not members, only mods and admins) and you have to have needn't to have logged on for close to a decade! (Because 98% of levels which hold the artifact are by players that logged on once when they where 5 and made a randy level.. Seems fair
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(18th May 2021, 9:19 AM)bazooka Wrote: So this new Dog Set is only available to those voted by a handful of people, (not members, only mods and admins) and you have to have needn't to have logged on for close to a decade! (Because 98% of levels which hold the artifact are by players that logged on once when they where 5 and made a randy level.. Seems fair

Seems viable at least. I think that makes sense, I'm just wondering what's going to happen after (almost) everyone that logs on regularly gets the set. Would there be repeats? Would it continue to people that haven't played for months or years? I think it's a great idea, I just don't know how it would be executed.
"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
- Vince Lombardi
I sincerely hope that we are all winners and that we never quit. 
Do what you need to do so that you can win that race. 
Win your race.
At the very least, finish it.
Never quit.
Never.
Try, try again.
I'm sure you can do it
So exciting to see my suggestion turn up.

But, wow... those teleporters... I wonder what advancements will come from them...
This owl is many things. But it stares like a champ.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Shocker14 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Teleport blocks are going to bring a major change to pr2 level design!! Love that they use the pr3 designs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Magniloquent
<3
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
now I don't need a massive line of arrow blocks for baloon towder defence
i failed the mario twitter challenge
I'm loving messing around with the teleport block. Great job
(18th May 2021, 9:19 AM)bazooka Wrote: So this new Dog Set is only available to those voted by a handful of people, (not members, only mods and admins) and you have to have needn't to have logged on for close to a decade! (Because 98% of levels which hold the artifact are by players that logged on once when they where 5 and made a randy level.. Seems fair

Because the arti levels will be known beforehand now, there's no reason to dump them on random 10 year old levels all the time to try to hide it
á
are there plans in the future to add the option to toggle one-way teleport blocks?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debrisreborn For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Battlealvin2009, Eternal