Pr2's Evolution/Retired Legends/Staff Legends
Old Generation

For those of you new players who aren't familiar with how things used to be in pr2, and who all the old players are that used to macro/sim in this game, allow me to reminisce these characters' past, and disclose some Pr2 gemstones from my perspective. These guys are best known for reaching Rank 50+ back in 2008/2009, gaining an unfair advantage over all the other players who were noobs just starting out. 

Think about this for a moment... when you first started playing this game, you had no idea what simming was, experience bonuses, macroing, or anything else of that nature. Also, even if you did figure the game out on your own, look at how long it took you just to rank up your own accounts without some sort of quick boost. The Martians may have unknowingly zapped your brain, leaving you in the dark wondering 'why am I so bad at this game? They're level 52 with 6 hats and I'm level 20 with 3 hats! I quit!'

Well it's not that you were bad at the game, it's just that you haven't discovered the gemstones yet.

It has also become apparent that you had to speak with one of the top rankers in order to understand what it is that you're doing wrong. You're just sitting there at your computer desk, dazed and confused as to how this game even works in the first place, and unless you asked someone if they can help you rank your account to a high level, you'd be sitting there looking stupid and scratching your head for hrs, wondering how can I get to level 50. 

If you started this game off during 2008-2009, asking yourself 'how ranking up fast even works in this game'? Then this is how the game looked like to you when you first started out, wondering how to rank up, fast!

When you created your first account and signed into this game, you had to piggyback off a higher rank, aka your big brother/sister, to level up because you obviously don't understand the mechanics and tricks to this game. It's like your first year of college where you know absolutely nothing! Not to mention F@H was a nightmare seeing as 80% of people were asking for +3, crown and cowboy hats. You know your graphics card was crappy af! You were the one folding a pathetic amount of 2k a WU, taking you months to get that hat! You had to ask someone for help!

You sit there at that computer, wishing you had 6 hats with a rank of 50 because you thought it would increase your popularity and help you gain respect from other players, or even worse- you're tripping over 1.6m exp pts because someone got jealous of you when you reached 46, and gave you rank 49 with +3 fold, and just STOPPED the folding process at 1k pts, just to screw with you! That pissed you off! Why not continue, right?! 

Or better yet, how about when your leaching days ran out on you and you had to start figuring out how to level your REALLY low alts up, while you're stuck at level 54 for example. You know that stings like a Japanese bee!

1.6m is nothing to you now of days, but back then, you were grinding your teeth to the bone, pacing back and forth asking yourself, 'how am I going to find time to do this'? Because when you were younger, you may have had parents STOP you from leaving your pc on, or your alt's were terrible af, giving you poor experience results... YUCK!

Anyways, you remember how you were back in 2008/2009, being jealous of the older players who somehow managed to increase their ranks extremely high, while you sit there in front of your computer, looking stupid and making rookie mistakes like downloading cheat engine to hopefully solve your problems. Reality says 'start grinding like everyone else because 9/10, you're not going to reach 50+ anytime soon'.  

But hey, on the other hand we all know that these characters didn't just sim/macro in this game if you know what I mean.. *COUGH*! 👀 This was also back when people were asking for passwords in PM's, just so they can piggyback off them and get ahead.

But hey, we all know that security was VERY poor back then, and when you did get banned, you'd ban evade and keep braking the rules because you had rank goals! Then there were those of you who wanted your name in blue or magenta/pink because not only did you want to get promoted, you got sick and tired of having the same turquoise name color. Not to mention you wanted power and authority over your friends... *COUGH*, people still do!

Back when you used to hate the mods/admins because you thought they were totally unfair and biased! You probably wanted to sit there in front of your computer screen, choking on your bowl of cereal because you got banned for macroing. That's not the point. The point is to remind you how things used to be back then, and what has improved over the years. Now I'm not going to go over the UAX disaster because we all know how that happened.

Now back to what I was saying... These guys were already well ahead of everyone else, and you used to sit there at that computer, glued to your seat, sucking your thumb wondering how can I get up there one day. You had to suck the life out of a Rank 50, when you were Rank 30, just to meet your goal. But hey, we're all guilty of it, I'm guilty of it... there's no shame at all. Except that one player who reached Rank 50 legitimately, with no rank tokens, simming or macroing/botting at all!

So now, here are the Retired Legends from 2008-2009 that you used to look up to, to gain hidden knowledge of (what used to be) the undiscovered mechanics and tricks to gain experience, and piggyback off! These guys were either rank 50+, or their alts/main accounts were.

Old Rank Legends
Rank 67 [Total: 1]
quesin

Rank 64 [Total: 3]
GodOfTheSea
quesin1
QuEsIn2

Rank 62 [Total: 1]
quesin3

Rank 60 [Total: 2]
NickUAX
UnknownAX

Rank 59 [Total: 1]
AskRYAN

Rank 58 [Total: 1]
Yellowfin

Rank 57 [Total: 1]
PLAYA 1

Rank 55 [Total: 5]
Farticus Rex
Frozne
intrepid
Publius
Verados

Rank 54 [Total: 3]
FireFight
PLAYA 1 jr
Smilingbob

Rank 53 [Total: 2]
Publius1
Spanishboy101

Rank 52 [Total: 4]
Crispy94
FTP.Intrepid
LamLam
Playa.1

Rank 51 [Total: 3]
Fuzzy101
GandalfTheGay
TeamCowboy

Rank 50 [Total: 3]
M@gic*G
Spanishboy10
TheSandMan

Total Accounts: 30

Legendary Macro Run Video

Now here are a few old legendary servers that people used to use.

OLD LEGENDARY SERVERS

Servers [Total: 10]
Derron
Carina
Grayan
Fitz
Loki
Promie
Morgana
Andreas
Fred
Isabel

Now here are several old staff legends who managed Pr2 back in 2008-2010.

OLD STAFF LEGENDS
Staff [Total: 31]
Jiggmin
Flare
skillz
infernoking
XPA!
Jestes
Leader
Itaku
ellie12
Jonathan
Melanie
b@by*G
E46M3
(knight)
Flame
JPMK
LCPD
1python64
Aimyus Ghost
Red Jackdaw
~APM-01~
Zshadow~
Legisperitus
VforVendetta
1amayzingman
Gevock
PrinceCharming
bobheadtomato
Hipponator
PrinceAce
a7x3

Now here are a few folding legends.
OLD F@H LEGENDS

F@H [Total: 6]
NixZiZ
deathbygabe1
AlphaZ
Fresh Cookies
PrinceCharming
Fred_the_Giant_Cactus

Now at this point, I bet you're thinking- why is this important? It's important because you need to know your history, otherwise you'll enter this game, completely oblivious as to how this game started out.

🔥The Passing of The Torch!🔥
Now at this point in time, you should be thanking these people for helping you achieve your current goals today because had it not been for them who started it all, we wouldn't have such victorious admins/mods like @bls1999, @Eternal, @Dangevin@Stxtics, etc. Also, you wouldn't have new legends like @Colind, @AlphaZ, @FDX3, @Master Raiden, and many others leading the new generation of today. Oh and don't forget to give the folders who helped you reach your rank goals, a shoutout as well!

These people represent the passing of the torch because the old staff legends and rank legends, simply couldn't do it anymore.

The torch officially passed away to these people between 2011-2013. Until the day comes when they can no longer continue, this torch will remain lit until someone else outranks Colind, or someone takes bls1999/Eternal's spot as the main Admin!

😱ONE LAST THING😨

Just imagine if you never had the DM Glitch, Objective Simming, Rank Tokens +4-8, Macroing, or any other accounts to piggyback off of! You'd be devastated, and that torch would have lasted a lot longer than 2013! Or even worse... crappy graphics cards that you had over 10 years ago, and I know most of you were folding a lot less than 50k per WU. Or no guilds to help support you in any form or fashion at all!

Also, just imagine if the Pr2 site crashed again, and captcha was added back to the game, forcing you to sit in front of the computer with your eyes burned out, attempting to reach 100m experience points when you know you have to go to work or school!

Or how about this: you use to complain about how 10m experience points was a lot, or even 1mil! What you have now is only because you evolved over the years as an older player, or if you're new, you either piggybacked/gained hidden knowledge from the new torch owners, to advance to a higher rank. Not to mention that Rank 50/60+ is virtually nothing to you, when it was hardly achievable back then!

New torch holders 2010+: pat yourselves on the back for continuing to grind and grow stronger over time. You know you've come a long way since your first account.

Newbies: keep learning from these guys so that you can gain more knowledge and stay humble to make it to their level some day.

Anyways, that's all I had to say about Pr2's evolution from then and now. Enjoy this thread as I probably won't be making anymore threads like this because there's really not much left to talk about.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, AlphaZ, bazooka, Dexterity, ExplosionZ, LuniFoxo, Magniloquent, Mia
Fascinating insight. I'm glad you put this post together.

And you are very, very wrong in saying ". . .there's really not much left to talk about." --achieving a high rank is just one of many facets/perspectives on Pr2
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Different
I remember being friends with FUZZY101 back in the day on Kongregate, thinking "Wow, it's so cool that I'm talking with a rank 50 player!" Cause back then, it was really impressive to be rank 50. Sometimes, the nostalgia hits hard.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Back in the day when rank = skill
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Mad to think that I made an alt 14 days ago which is now almost rank 52... and this seemed impossible a couple of years back!
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(15th January 2021, 11:04 AM)Magniloquent Wrote: Fascinating insight. I'm glad you put this post together.

And you are very, very wrong in saying ". . .there's really not much left to talk about." --achieving a high rank is just one of many facets/perspectives on Pr2
True. We’ll see what happens later on down the road.
Back when Pr2 was 🔥
please add me to this legendary list , after all my acc name is legendary
(9th April 2021, 11:06 AM)Legendary Wrote: please add me to this legendary list , after all my acc name is legendary

How long have you been playing Pr2, and when did you hit rank 50?
2008 , my first account was “you” it had id 2k something then i made other accounts and stayed with dark player until i changed it to “legendary”
(9th April 2021, 1:26 PM)Legendary Wrote: 2008 , my first account was “you” it had id 2k something then i made other accounts and stayed with dark player until i changed it to “legendary”

When did you hit Rank 50? Rank 50 was a special achievement back in 08-09. 2010 it sort of went down hill when Jiggmin cut the exp in half, due to 'too many' players reaching level 50. Unless you hit Rank 50 during 08 or 09, or if your F@H pts are extremely high, I cannot add you to the list.
Nostalgia thread updated!