Poll: How much Exp Pts should be implemented to the game, on average?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
4.17%
1 4.17%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
4.17%
1 4.17%
Leave it the way it is
91.67%
22 91.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pr2 Exp Change- Why isn't anybody talking about this?
Honestly, after reading every one's comments and checking the poll results... I thought that everyone would be on board with this idea @FDX3, @Colind, @Mystery, @Camer the Dragon, since I can't possibly see anyone migrating from Pr2 to a new Pr series. I got the majority of people against this idea, including the staff members. I'm starting to think that maybe this idea should have been pitched 7-8 years ago when @Jiggmin updated the experience in the game.

(10th September 2021, 4:42 PM)Colind Wrote: I agree w/ @FDX3 & @Eternal (yes I know.. Colind is agreeing w/ a staff... it's shocking.)

Yeah, that is very shocking. I thought you'd be on my side with this one. But I see what you mean.
average pr2 player
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
You don't need to devalue higher ranks - Just simply make a conversion of the amount of EXP it takes to level up.

Let's just assume Colind (rank 80) has a grand total of 1 billion exp (I really have no clue)

With a conversion of exp, Colind would now be rank 105, as 1 billion exp would equate to rank 105.

Meanwhile someone like me (rank 53) with a grand total of smth like 150 million exp, would be rank 65 or whatever after the conversion. This way nobody is having their hard macro work devalued, and we all get the benefits of more stat points like we obviously should have, as leveling up is practically impossible as of now unless you sim/macro.

Tl;dr: you keep your grand total exp earned, but the amount of exp needed to level up goes down by alot, so after the conversion you'll automatically gain alot of levels.
(11th September 2021, 6:16 PM)Tejs Wrote: You don't need to devalue higher ranks - Just simply make a conversion of the amount of EXP it takes to level up.

Let's just assume Colind (rank 80) has a grand total of 1 billion exp (I really have no clue)

With a conversion of exp, Colind would now be rank 105, as 1 billion exp would equate to rank 105.

Meanwhile someone like me (rank 53) with a grand total of smth like 150 million exp, would be rank 65 or whatever after the conversion. This way nobody is having their hard macro work devalued, and we all get the benefits of more stat points like we obviously should have, as leveling up is practically impossible as of now unless you sim/macro.

Tl;dr: you keep your grand total exp earned, but the amount of exp needed to level up goes down by alot, so after the conversion you'll automatically gain alot of levels.

If we did that, people would definitely complain about it. It's all about "nostalgia" to most people, and a lot of people will find reasons to say that the conversion process is still unfair, or "I'm sure @Jiggmin or @bls1999 wouldn't allow it". It'd just be a mess.
(11th September 2021, 6:16 PM)Tejs Wrote: You don't need to devalue higher ranks - Just simply make a conversion of the amount of EXP it takes to level up.

Just want to say before I start is that I agree with you. 

Like I said, this wouldn't be an issue if @Jiggmin didn't tie stats points to level up/rank up in the game. I feel like for people to stop *****ing (sorry for being blunt here), there has to be a system where you can earn stats points and your Rank/Level doesn't matter so that way people can f- off and let ppl that do macro/sim/farm/ whatever in peace.

Jiggmin could've also tried to create a Stat Trees, it can look similar to this; https://prnt.sc/1rvs5nv (sorry for the foreign language, in a different server Tongue) But in the bottom of those stat tree it can be "Racing, Deathmatch, Trapping, etc where you can earn different thing that can help you out to do different type of maps. 

But anyways that's my 2 cent x)

This wouldn't be necessary for more stat points (and would still devalue higher ranks IMO as there'd suddenly be a ton of rank 60/70/80+ accounts and wouldn't really be fair to those who have already reached those milestones), as every account could just be given an extra stat point for every, say, 5 ranks gained. So a rank 50 would have the same number of stat points that a rank 60 has now.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
I feel like if the issue here is about stat points
then we just need a server that is perma HH stats
not perma HH exp but just perma HH stats
á
(13th September 2021, 2:01 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I feel like if the issue here is about stat points

Sounds like a good idea. How about if we boosted the Artifact Hat earnings to 50,000xp points?
(13th September 2021, 2:01 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I feel like if the issue here is about stat points

Just a permanent anniversary server?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(13th September 2021, 2:13 PM)Different Wrote: Sounds like a good idea. How about if we boosted the Artifact Hat earnings to 50,000xp points?

Artifact hat exp scales with rank, so I'm pretty sure you can eventually get 50k from it.
(Don't know the formula for it though so I can't say for certain)
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
You get 50,000 xp once you reach rank 60 cuz that's the max xp from arti u can earn
Way too many people are voting for the "leave it the way it is" option. Big difference between now and back then. Back then (around 2009-2011), things would have been different. The majority of people would have voted for 5k or 3k, I guarantee it. The problem is, people have been so use to living off 1k for the last 8 years, that's it's ridiculous. Dispute it all you want, but you all know that things would have been different over 8 years ago.
yeah but like
if we had 5k since 2009-2011 people would want 10k now
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • FDX3, Lego-man945
(14th September 2021, 1:12 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: yeah but like
if we had 5k since 2009-2011 people would want 10k now

That's where you have to draw the line. 5k would be the limit.
(14th September 2021, 6:59 PM)Different Wrote: That's where you have to draw the line. 5k would be the limit.

5k seems as arbitrary a line as 1k
sure the x5 exp would get you maybe 7 ranks higher but then you still hit the same wall just 7 ranks up
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • FDX3
(14th September 2021, 11:59 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: 5k seems as arbitrary a line as 1k
sure the x5 exp would get you maybe 7 ranks higher but then you still hit the same wall just 7 ranks up

In a shorter time frame. When you factor all that in, you gotta think about the amount of time that it takes you, bro.

Example: x5 exp times 30 mins (on average) gives you 150k every hour, versus 1k times 30mins (on average) equals 30k an hour. Big 120k difference, my friend. All based on a time factor.

Which is also why if the game were intended to go to rank 90 or above, it would take (@Colind for example), less than a decade just to reach that level. Living off 1k (for 8 years) causes people to devalue the time factor, which is also arbitrary... but still a slow grind compared to 5k.
If you feel it takes too long to reach a certain rank with the current rates, don't go for it. It's as simple as that.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to FDX3 For This Useful Post:
  • edetarod
(15th September 2021, 9:37 AM)FDX3 Wrote: If you feel it takes too long to reach a certain rank with the current rates, don't go for it. It's as simple as that.
"If a core game mechanic isn't satisfying, just accept it. It's as simple as that."
Take away macroing for a moment. Now tell me whether 1k feels slow or not. Captcha is there every time you finish a race, and the patterns switch up. I'm telling y'all, if you had to sit in front of the computer and rank up, manually... then all these votes for "leave it the way it is" would not dominate the rest of the poll. Think about that.
(15th September 2021, 11:43 AM)Tejs Wrote: "If a core game mechanic isn't satisfying, just accept it. It's as simple as that."

Seems to be satisfying enough for the vast majority of people here. If it's more stat points you're after, then either (or both) of the two ideas in post #26 and #27 here would suffice.

(15th September 2021, 4:23 PM)Different Wrote: Take away macroing for a moment. Now tell me whether 1k feels slow or not. Captcha is there every time you finish a race, and the patterns switch up. I'm telling y'all, if you had to sit in front of the computer and rank up, manually... then all these votes for "leave it the way it is" would not dominate the rest of the poll. Think about that.

The reality is that macroing is now allowed.

And I'd still be voting to leave it the way it is. It'd still devalue the higher ranks, whatever those "higher ranks" would be if macroing still wasn't allowed and the captcha was still in the game.