Tech hobbies
What hobby projects do you have?

Do you work on hardware? Are you into HAM radio? Do you break into systems? Do you have a home server?

For me, I've been getting into home servers and setting up my personal cloud. It's fun, but expensive.  I'm hoping to go into custom computers after I move into a more permanent house.
I've got a ton of planned projects revolving around computers/servers, one of the most important being setting up a NAS. For the NAS system I'd also like to run a Plex server alongside it (need to start buying blu-ray movies/shows), and maybe for the heck of it also run a Linux VM on it dedicated to macroing on PR2 haha (got a xdotool script for it already I was using on a spare computer for a while)

Another project I'd like to do eventually is multiple gamers off 1 PC, where essentially you've got a high core count CPU and multiple graphics cards and pass through the GPU's to VMs that each act as their own gaming system. Not real feasible right now with how the GPU market is but I'll probably tackle a cheaper version to start with anyway and just aim for running CSGO at 1080p 60FPS which would be doable with fairly cheap cards. Recently there's been some developments that allow you to split up resources from a single consumer level GPU among multiple VMs but it doesn't look to be very practical yet

I've got some raspberry pi's and will do some projects with those at some point, mostly messed around with emulation on them so far but do want to get into some serious and practical uses

I could go on all day about all the things I've got planned but best to keep the post short lol
I run a pokemon modding community and do most of the reverse engineering of the games and help write tools. Have barely had time for that though lately. I also maintain my server rack at home and whatnot.
An update on this, I bought ben eater's 8-bit CPU: https://eater.net/8bit/kits

I also got into cross-stitching. I'd made a custom dice bag with a cross-stitched pattern on the exterior in the past, but now I'm doing a pretty big pattern. Oops I didn't realize I named this "tech hobbies" but hey, sewing is technical, eh?
fixing everyones electric systems for free
[Image: giphy.gif]
fixing
The light bulsb when JT gkee out
Yemlo and Co.