Who am I and why I quit Pr2?
Who am I?

Hey everybody. So, before we start, I just wanted to say that this isn't one of those troll threads, this is really me speaking the truth. Now normally I don't make these kind of threads because I don't see a need to. But now I feel is the time to do so, since it's been over a year now, and you're probably wondering what my Pr2 name is to begin with.

Well first off, I've been around Pr2 and JV since 2008. I remember when the UAX disaster happened, I remember every little feature that @Jiggmin has added to the game, I remember all the glitches and exploits that happened, I've made friends with old players that have quit (even though some are still active, now), and I've ranked myself up pretty high in the game.

Now at this point, it's time for me to reveal my Pr2 username. My Pr2 username is Danger. Don't believe me? Search me on Pr2, right now. Or, ask some of my old friends on JV. I wasn't ready to reveal myself when I came back to JV as Fam93, until now.

Now ever since I first began playing Pr2, I've always wanted to be a really high rank like everybody else. I didn't understand too much about the game back in 2008-2009, and would always take a while trying to get to Rank 50 like the other players back then.

I also didn't understand F@H, which is why I got folded +3 at Rank 40 back in May of 2010 (BIG MISTAKE)! Why did I stay at Rank 43 for a year up from that point? Well, I had to move from one location to another, and had some things going on IRL, so it threw me under the bus for reaching Rank 50+ in 2010, instead of fall in 2012. Yeah Ik, that really sucks!

Why I Quit?

Well, the answer is quite simple... I gave up. I know, giving up is bad and I regret it, looking back on it, now. But hey, the only thing you can do is to move on, right? Anyways, let's pick up from August of 2013, when I reached 58+3 (big deal back then). I was in third place behind @AlphaZ who was 59+4, and @quesin who was 61+4.

I could have kept on going and become the first Rank 70, but I simply lost interest in Pr2, like @Colind did, and decided to give up after I received 58+4 in Oct of 2013.

2 Years later, I came out of retirement because I got sick and tired of being Rank 62 for the last two years. So, I came back and reached 59+4 in Feb of 2015, 60+4 in Dec of 2015, 60+5 in Jan of 2016, and 61+5 in Apr of 2016. Why such a long gap? Because I got lazy and was thinking about quitting.

After April of 2016, I've finally decided to call it quits because I've completely lost all interest into Pr2 and decided to move on to college and university. I haven't ranked my account in 5 years.

I honestly think that if I had never quit back in 2013, I would have been Rank 82 or 83, today. I understand that it's hard for you guys to believe that, but back then, it would have been different if I hadn't given up.

You see, I had goals and aspirations to continue no matter what, but I gave up on them because something that I was trying to do back in September of 2013 (when everyone eventually caught on and reached Rank 60+), I gave up on because I thought it was too hard to do, correctly, if you know what I mean. Plus I was bored to death of Pr2 back then.

Will I ever return?

The answer is no. The reason I don't plan on returning is because I've moved on to bigger and better things, and couldn't possibly bat an eye to return and macro in the first place. To me, it's just not as fun and magical anymore as it was back in the old days. This isn't an attack on the new/old players who still macro, this is just how I feel, personally.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'd like to thank all these people for being a great friend and helping me reach my destination:

@AlphaZ for folding me +5
@Atari4600 for helping me rank up
@Colind for helping me rank up
@FDX3 for helping me rank up
@HelpACC for helping me rank up
@Jellyhood3 (non-active member) for helping me rank up

Bottomline: You won't see me macroing my account anytime soon because I'm done. Not because of the 1k experience, but because I don't find joy into this game like I used to, and have given up.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Colind, Dangevin, ExplosionZ, Mia, ProClifo
I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't remember you from back in the day. Even though I was active on PR2 in 2008 and 2009. I wish I had though! Honestly the main big ranks I remember from 2009 were quesin and FUZZY101. FUZZY101 and I used to be pals on Kongregate way back when. We had good times. He even shared his account with me. He was a super cool guy. Anyway, back on topic. I made my first account in August 2008 with the name gay16. I doubt you'd remember that one. That was at a time of my childhood where I thought "gay" was a funny word for some reason. But then I realized that was a lousy name and went with named444. You might be familiar with that one, but I don't know. I made a lot of accounts, but that was my most recognizable.

But yeah, sometimes you'll get burnt out completely on things and move on to something else. It might sound a bit cheesy, but I enjoy your presence here on the forums. You really do put out interesting threads. I just have one question, and don't feel forced to answer it or take offense to it. Why did it take you so long to reveal who you were on PR2? I say this because we may be in a similar situation. It's why I settled on the username Mystery (first used on Acid Forums but carried over here). But anyway, I went with the username Mystery because I was ashamed of how I acted on PR2, but mostly JV, when I went by the username named444. I had so much guilt with how I treated people that I thought if I was a mystery, people wouldn't associate me with those bad memories. Anyway, sorry about rambling about myself a lot in your thread. Tongue
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(8th October 2021, 9:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't remember you from back in the day. Even though I was active on PR2 in 2008 and 2009. I wish I had though! Honestly the main big ranks I remember from 2009 were quesin and FUZZY101. FUZZY101 and I used to be pals on Kongregate way back when. We had good times. He even shared his account with me. He was a super cool guy.

You probably don't remember me because I haven't really associated myself with a lot of people back then; just a few small group of people. I'd create levels but they weren't interesting. A lot of people remember ranks that were 50+ because it was a big deal back then.

(8th October 2021, 9:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: Anyway, back on topic. I made my first account in August 2008 with the name gay16. I doubt you'd remember that one. That was at a time of my childhood where I thought "gay" was a funny word for some reason. But then I realized that was a lousy name and went with named444. You might be familiar with that one, but I don't know. I made a lot of accounts, but that was my most recognizable.

Gay16, I don't remember that account. But there were times where I created, ridiculous, funny usernames myself 😂I do remember hearing about the username "named444." I had no idea that that was your account back then lol.

(8th October 2021, 9:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: But yeah, sometimes you'll get burnt out completely on things and move on to something else. It might sound a bit cheesy, but I enjoy your presence here on the forums. You really do put out interesting threads.

I appreciate that bro. That means a lot to me 🙏

(8th October 2021, 9:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: I just have one question, and don't feel forced to answer it or take offense to it. Why did it take you so long to reveal who you were on PR2? I say this because we may be in a similar situation. It's why I settled on the username Mystery (first used on Acid Forums but carried over here). But anyway, I went with the username Mystery because I was ashamed of how I acted on PR2, but mostly JV, when I went by the username named444. I had so much guilt with how I treated people that I thought if I was a mystery, people wouldn't associate me with those bad memories. Anyway, sorry about rambling about myself a lot in your thread. Tongue

Great question. It took me a long time to reveal myself because I just figured that it wasn't the right time. I also migrated from JV to Acid, then back to JV, trying to hide myself on JV and become different than I used to be. I figured I'd start off fresh and be different.

(8th October 2021, 9:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: I had so much guilt with how I treated people that I thought if I was a mystery, people wouldn't associate me with those bad memories. Anyway, sorry about rambling about myself a lot in your thread. Tongue

Well, after receiving so many negative comments about my silly threads earlier this year, I realized that it's just best to come forward and apologize to those people that you affected. They'll respect you in the long run. But it's all good, bro.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(8th October 2021, 8:02 AM)Different Wrote: Now at this point, it's time for me to reveal my Pr2 username. My Pr2 username is Danger. Don't believe me? Search me on Pr2, right now. Or, ask some of my old friends on JV. I wasn't ready to reveal myself when I came back to JV as Fam93, until now.

(8th October 2021, 9:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: But anyway, I went with the username Mystery because I was ashamed of how I acted on PR2, but mostly JV, when I went by the username named444. I had so much guilt with how I treated people that I thought if I was a mystery, people wouldn't associate me with those bad memories. Anyway, sorry about rambling about myself a lot in your thread. Tongue

Wait
I don't remember where I've seen both information, but I've known you were Danger since your very first threads here (I think mostly due to either FDX, AlphaZ or Colind when they had doubts originally ?), and same goes for Mystery, probably saw it at some points on the spam threads on Acid a long while ago cause I knew as well. Also the PR2 guild made it pretty obvious Tongue

End of my out of place post lol
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(8th October 2021, 8:02 AM)Different Wrote:
Anyways, let's pick up from August of 2013, when I reached 58+3 (big deal back then). I was in third place behind @AlphaZ who was 59+4, and @quesin who was 61+4.

I could have kept on going and become the first Rank 70, but I simply lost interest in Pr2, like @Colind did, and decided to give up after I received 58+4 in Oct of 2013.

2 Years later, I came out of retirement because I got sick and tired of being Rank 62 for the last two years. So, I came back and reached 59+4 in Feb of 2015, 60+4 in Dec of 2015, 60+5 in Jan of 2016, and 61+5 in Apr of 2016. Why such a long gap? Because I got lazy and was thinking about quitting.

After April of 2016, I've finally decided to call it quits because I've completely lost all interest into Pr2 and decided to move on to college and university. I haven't ranked my account in 5 years.

I honestly think that if I had never quit back in 2013, I would have been Rank 82 or 83, today. I understand that it's hard for you guys to believe that, but back then, it would have been different if I hadn't given up.

You see, I had goals and aspirations to continue no matter what, but I gave up on them because something that I was trying to do back in September of 2013 (when everyone eventually caught on and reached Rank 60+), I gave up on because I thought it was too hard to do, correctly, if you know what I mean. Plus I was bored to death of Pr2 back then.

The thing with all of this is, any of the old high ranks including myself could make these claims too. Back in September 2012, there were over 150 rank 50+ accounts and you weren't among them.

Also, you actually got lucky that you didn't "lose" a ton of exp like myself and the other top ranks did due to the rank token update. I was also folded in the 40's (deliberately by someone else to annoy me, which was common) before going on to near rank 58 pre rank tokens, so basically equivalent to your 58+3 post rank tokens. I went inactive for a while after the update, and of course by the time I returned, other players had caught up/surpassed me (e.g. yourself, AlphaZ) or extended their lead (e.g. quesin).

Not having a go at you here mate, just pointing out some facts.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
(9th October 2021, 6:48 AM)TRUC Wrote: Wait
I don't remember where I've seen both information, but I've known you were Danger since your very first threads here (I think mostly due to either FDX, AlphaZ or Colind when they had doubts originally ?), and same goes for Mystery, probably saw it at some points on the spam threads on Acid a long while ago cause I knew as well. Also the PR2 guild made it pretty obvious Tongue

End of my out of place post lol
Damn that easy lol? Wow, I didn't think anyone's been paying attention 🤔 Because it's been 5 years from 2020 since I migrated from Acid forums.

(9th October 2021, 7:10 AM)FDX3 Wrote: The thing with all of this is, any of the old high ranks including myself could make these claims too. Back in September 2012, there were over 150 rank 50+ accounts and you weren't among them.
The thing is, I had a lot of obstacles that got in my way, that prevented me from reaching 50+ back in that year. Otherwise, it'd be different for sure.

(9th October 2021, 7:10 AM)FDX3 Wrote: Also, you actually got lucky that you didn't "lose" a ton of exp like myself and the other top ranks did due to the rank token update. I was also folded in the 40's (deliberately by someone else to annoy me, which was common) before going on to near rank 58 pre rank tokens, so basically equivalent to your 58+3 post rank tokens. I went inactive for a while after the update, and of course by the time I returned, other players had caught up/surpassed me (e.g. yourself, AlphaZ) or extended their lead (e.g. quesin).

Not having a go at you here mate, just pointing out some facts.

You got folded around the time where people were catching on to F@H. Don't you hate it when people do that? You'd been better off trying to reach 47+3 in 2009 than mid to late 2010. People were still new to F@H back in 2009. People like Yellowfin would fold 45+3 over the summer of 2009, on his own.

What made you inactive and what made you decide to come back?
(9th October 2021, 6:48 AM)TRUC Wrote: Wait
I don't remember where I've seen both information, but I've known you were Danger since your very first threads here (I think mostly due to either FDX, AlphaZ or Colind when they had doubts originally ?)

(9th October 2021, 8:22 AM)Different Wrote: Damn that easy lol? Wow, I didn't think anyone's been paying attention 🤔 Because it's been 5 years from 2020 since I migrated from Acid forums.

Yeah I pretty much knew it was Danger from the start lol (check his profile page and my visitor message if you don't believe me, which was 2-3 days after he joined).

(9th October 2021, 8:22 AM)Different Wrote: You got folded around the time where people were catching on to F@H. Don't you hate it when people do that? You'd been better off trying to reach 47+3 in 2009 than mid to late 2010. People were still new to F@H back in 2009. People like Yellowfin would fold 45+3 over the summer of 2009, on his own.

Possibly; I only joined PR2 in 2010. I actually know who folded the 1k points; the dude had a grudge against me IIRC. Who knows how high I could've got with +0 if he didn't fold me, but I'd say not much higher - people would fold accounts they see in player lists reaching a fairly high rank just so they couldn't get that high with +0.

(9th October 2021, 8:22 AM)Different Wrote: What made you inactive and what made you decide to come back?

I took several breaks over the years at different ranks. The first one being as I mentioned in my previous post - could've partly been because I was pissed off about the rank token update. The next was after I hit rank 66 and became the sole highest rank (and then folded 5th rank token to hit 67) - stopped after that as I reached my goals. The latest break being earlier this year when I decided to call it a day after hitting my goals at the time of rank 77 on my main and base rank 65 on my alts.

Pretty much just motivation to rank up/compete again and setting new goals has brought me back each time.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to FDX3 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
(9th October 2021, 10:04 AM)FDX3 Wrote: Possibly; I only joined PR2 in 2010. I actually know who folded the 1k points; the dude had a grudge against me IIRC. Who knows how high I could've got with +0 if he didn't fold me, but I'd say not much higher - people would fold accounts they see in player lists reaching a fairly high rank just so they couldn't get that high with +0.

Tbh, people were just dicks back then, and if that guy had a grudge against you then it's because you had something that he wanted and was probably jealous of.

(9th October 2021, 10:04 AM)FDX3 Wrote: I took several breaks over the years at different ranks. The first one being as I mentioned in my previous post - could've partly been because I was pissed off about the rank token update. The next was after I hit rank 66 and became the sole highest rank (and then folded 5th rank token to hit 67) - stopped after that as I reached my goals. The latest break being earlier this year when I decided to call it a day after hitting my goals at the time of rank 77 on my main and base rank 65 on my alts.

Pretty much just motivation to rank up/compete again and setting new goals has brought me back each time.

What's funny about you reaching 67 was the fact that you kept checking quesin's login info to see if he was trying to make a return lol. I heard he went to law school, which is one of the reasons (other than just the rank tokens) why he quit Pr2. Otherwise, he'd probably be 84 right now, who knows.

67 is such an odd number to stop at the highest. You could have been 65+5 in 2014, then stop. 3 years running until @AlphaZ and @Colind hit 70 in 2017.
(9th October 2021, 10:14 PM)Different Wrote: 67 is such an odd number to stop at the highest. You could have been 65+5 in 2014, then stop. 3 years running until @AlphaZ and @Colind hit 70 in 2017.

Yeah maybe, but different mindset and circumstances back then. I had hit the 24.4M exp single rank milestone too, which at the time only quesin and I had achieved.