Poll: How DIFFICULT do you think it is to LOSE WEIGHT?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's not that difficult. You just have to eat a healthy diet, stay in shape, and beautiful women will chase you.
14.29%
1 14.29%
It's so difficult that it's not even funny!
0%
0 0%
It's kind of difficult, depending on how you go about the situation and how bad your eating habits really are.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Just hit the gym and you'll be fine!
0%
0 0%
EXTREMELY difficult!
0%
0 0%
Look, I have weight problems myself, so I already know this isn't no joke.
14.29%
1 14.29%
My feelings are neutral, but it may or may not be difficult depending on you.
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔
[Image: kKKTGvB.jpg]

Are you OVERWEIGHT, struggling to lose it, looking at yourself in the mirror everyday thinking 'why can't I keep this weight off me?', or are you in shape? That's the million dollar question that should ring a bell in your minds right now. I can tell you right now, it's because we eat things that we shouldn't eat - like desserts, fast food, drinking beer, drinking sodas... all this nasty ass garbage that we chug down our systems without a care in the world is giving us poor results, especially Americans.

There's nothing wrong with cheat days, just as long as you're staying in shape. If you're MORBIDLY OBESE, then cheat days should be off limits for you. A lot of people don't give a shit about what they're doing to their health in the long run, and they end up like THIS GUY at 1400 pounds! The reason people get this fat is because they're able to find suckers who feed their poor eating habits all the time turning them into SLOTHFUL creatures!

You know you're supposed to be eating a healthy diet, hitting the gym everyday burning calories, getting a personal trainer, or whatever it takes. You're never going to feel good about yourself until you do these things. Being out of shape will eventually make you feel like shit if you're currently struggling with this problem. There's a number of reasons people are OVERWEIGHT. Some people do it because they're traumatized by an unfortunate event, they're depressed, their significant other left them, etc.

When you eat healthy and stay in shape, then you'll start to pull 8's and up, just like THIS GUY who has beautiful women surrounding him. Otherwise you're more than likely going to be depressed, thinking that you're not good enough to go after these type of women. Some fat guys do get beautiful women, but it doesn't last very long because I've heard stories where these women leave those guys because of their weight. So, even though the guy has a fat wallet and a lot of game, his weight still plays a detrimental, negative role in his relationship.

If you're aware of the 600 POUND SHOW, then you're aware of just how MISERABLE these people can be. If you don't get in shape, you could possibly end up like them because eating unhealthy becomes an addiction that effects the brain for the long term. Think about this, gentlemen... is that really what you want? Ladies, same for you. Just knowing that your health will decline over time, and relationships with people who are far more attractive than you could potentially be off the table. That may not be the case for everyone, but most people, yes.

Stay away from fast food restaurants, unless you don't care about your health and would like to end up just like them.

A lot of guys can lose confidence seeking relationships with women who are 8's and up, if they're MORBIDLY OBESE. Same thing goes for women seeking guys whom they find really attractive.

Be more like THIS GUY instead. His story is life changing because his ex-girlfriend dumped him for being "too fat". This is a perfect example of being a "better version" of yourself.

Even this guy decided to improve his mental and physical health, when his high school crush crushed his feelings into a million pieces... ouch!

So, here's my question for you guys: How difficult do you think it is to lose weight?
I've been overweight almost my entire life and I will admit that it's tough looking in the mirror at times. Part of why I am overweight stems from coping behaviors with things that have happened to me in the past, bad patterns of reverting back to previous habits, and how I just love food. Looking in the mirror at times really bothers me, knowing if I stuck to eating healthier, working out, and sticking to a calorie deficit it would greatly benefit how I view myself. Old habits are hard to kick, and I've got to get to a situation where a healthier lifestyle is the norm for me.

The foods I eat when I'm not sticking to something healthier are addicting. It's not like other addicting things where you have to really seek it out and find it to get dopamine off of it, but rather unhealthy foods are categorized as part of something that's fundamental to survival (food consumption). In the United States, or at least where I live, fast foods and other unhealthy foods are advertised frequently on many types of media and there are so many companies focused on unhealthy foods like McDonalds that are everywhere you look that it's difficult to not get reminded of cravings. It's also easier, more convenient, and sometimes cheaper to buy these foods rather than to buy food from the grocery store and to cook from home. Also consider that it's now easier than ever to acquire these foods through apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc. where they allow you a choice of unhealthy options when you don't have food at the house so you don't have to leave the house. These apps do have healthier alternatives, yet there are several more unhealthy ones that can overshadow them. This is not excusing that I make decisions personally to indulge on unhealthy foods, but rather to showcase how difficult it can be to stick to healthier food choices.

With all that being said, there are people who are overweight (and maybe even obese) who are happy with who they are, their weight and their living style. It may be more appealing to be at a healthy weight, whether that's internally or from an outside perspective, but it doesn't mean you have to be at that weight to enjoy life. Your weight isn't an indicator of your value to the world.

I have met people who are incredibly fit that have been negative towards me and others in life, and I have met overweight people who I view to be excellent people. Physical weight may be a thing that is a worry when it comes to seeking relationships (do I find their body attractive?), but a person's character and personality are what truly matter. As you said, "8's and above" are very appealing I'm sure, but they could also have a nasty personality (why rate a person on a scale like that anyway?). I have romantically been involved with a person who I found to be very physically fit and attractive where they ended up being an avoidant attachment style and a bit of a narcissist. On the other spectrum I've been romantically involved with a person who is overweight yet I still find them attractive physically and their personality and the way we conversate is genuine, fantastic and empathetic.

It's easy to dismiss people who are overweight as dumb for not caring for their health, or to think that they are pigs. Those habits of indulgence, like you said however, can stem from multiple different reasons due to a person's background. It can genuinely be a monumental challenge for those who are overweight to overcome their habits and to stick to a healthier lifestyle indefinitely. However from personal experience, once the hurdle of choosing a better lifestyle finally settles in, it gets easier.
Dangevin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Different, ExplosionZ, Stunt, Uptight 534
The only "8's and up" I am interested in pulling:
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(13th April 2023, 10:53 AM)Dangevin Wrote: With all that being said, there are people who are overweight (and maybe even obese) who are happy with who they are, their weight and their living style. It may be more appealing to be at a healthy weight, whether that's internally or from an outside perspective, but it doesn't mean you have to be at that weight to enjoy life. Your weight isn't an indicator of your value to the world.

It's easy to dismiss people who are overweight as dumb for not caring for their health, or to think that they are pigs. Those habits of indulgence, like you said however, can stem from multiple different reasons due to a person's background. It can genuinely be a monumental challenge for those who are overweight to overcome their habits and to stick to a healthier lifestyle indefinitely. However from personal experience, once the hurdle of choosing a better lifestyle finally settles in, it gets easier.

The phrasing "happy with who they are" is disturbing, as if they were destined to be fat or unhealthy which is simply not true. And sure, you can be happy and also overweight, but not because you are overweight. This Soft-On-Fat approach (which I've just coined right now) is ultimately negative for society because people will always take the easy way out. People hear and tell themselves "Weight isn't an indicator of your value to the world" and say "yeah, I feel bad about myself so I will tell myself that I still have value and it's OK where I am"... as they continue to not change.

And I'm not saying the Soft-On-Fat approach is also always bad, I just don't think today's people want to be straight with themselves and so it provides an easy way out so that they don't really have to reckon with it.

It's harsh, yes. It's mean, sure. Would I recommend you go up to a stranger and strike up a conversation about their health choices? No. Would I tell you to constantly remind your overweight friend that they are indeed so? No. You can be delicate in your delivery, but you can't lie about the truth of being overweight and what it does to your health.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunanova For This Useful Post:
  • Different, ExplosionZ
(13th April 2023, 10:53 AM)Dangevin Wrote: -snip-

I don't have anything to add to the discussion, I just wanted to say that I appreciate your vulnerability. It can be very difficult to talk about things so personal and I commend you for doing so in such a public setting.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
I'm not overweight and never have been. If anything, i have probably been underweight.

I walk around at around 66kg (145lbs ?) and usually compete at 61kg (135lbs) so for me, i am in a calorific deficit almost all the time cutting weight to get on weight for competitions. So i restrict myself from the unhealthy foods for weeks and then usually end up binge eating for a week or two and i end up being back up to 66kg quickly.

One thing i noticed is that i became way too obsessive with losing weight and was loving the feeling of losing weight everyday so i was getting too light which i have stopped doing at past competitions, and then on the other hand, i was getting obsessed with foods that i could eat after competition and binge eating also made me feel unhealthy.

It's weird because nutrition and losing weight for this sport is often overlooked and can lead to many eating disorders and there isn't enough stuff/people who are knowledgeable on this subject to ask help with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin, Different
(18th April 2023, 5:47 AM)ExplosionZ Wrote: I walk around at around 66kg (145lbs ?) and usually compete at 61kg (135lbs) so for me, i am in a calorific deficit almost all the time cutting weight to get on weight for competitions. So i restrict myself from the unhealthy foods for weeks and then usually end up binge eating for a week or two and i end up being back up to 66kg quickly.

One thing i noticed is that i became way too obsessive with losing weight and was loving the feeling of losing weight everyday so i was getting too light which i have stopped doing at past competitions, and then on the other hand, i was getting obsessed with foods that i could eat after competition and binge eating also made me feel unhealthy.

How do you think you would feel being at 240lbs and competing in heavyweight competitions? Because I know guys like John Jones who stay around 225lbs competing in light heavyweight classes, even though he's spoken about being heavyweight one day.

Also, let me just say this while we're on the subject of weight classes: I think it's stupid how the UFC doesn't have super heavyweight classes because then guys like Brock Lesnar could compete at 290lbs or more. If you're at 135lbs, then that means you're competing in a Bantamweight competition. So, you're basically going back and forth from Bantamweight to Featherweight.

UFC Weight Classes
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ
(19th April 2023, 10:33 AM)Different Wrote: How do you think you would feel being at 240lbs and competing in heavyweight competitions? Because I know guys like John Jones who stay around 225lbs competing in light heavyweight classes, even though he's spoken about being heavyweight one day.

Also, let me just say this while we're on the subject of weight classes: I think it's stupid how the UFC doesn't have super heavyweight classes because then guys like Brock Lesnar could compete at 290lbs or more. If you're at 135lbs, then that means you're competing in a Bantamweight competition. So, you're basically going back and forth from Bantamweight to Featherweight.

UFC Weight Classes

I mean Jon Jones has just competed at heavyweight after bulking and gaining muscle for like the last 3 years and it went successful for him. So I think cutting down has its positives such as being bigger and that is also more confidence 9/10 times. But it was probably also pretty daunting for him as he would be unsure how his power/skills would be when he bulks up and how it would affect his speed.

Yeah i always thought the UFC should introduce a class above heavyweight allowing the heavier heavyweights the option to fight without having to cut weight (Francis Ngannou, Derrick Lewis, etc). And yeah my weight usually stays at featherweight, and i compete at Bantamweight.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • Different
The beer belly photo was a jump scare.
Personally I find it so easy to lose weight, I struggle to put it on though. I was sat at 7st for years, and I recently weighed in at 10st for my check-up. I am on a meal plan via my GP, I suppose it's helping but everybody is different I suppose. There is no right or wrong way of gaining weight and losing weight.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Different