Poll: Do you think the game is dead?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

Why PR2 is DEAD? – The Truth!
Introduction/Purpose: I'm going to share my personal thoughts and opinions, regarding people saying that PR2 is virtually dead because I hear people say this a lot. For those of you who are still enjoying this game, don't take this as an offense. This isn't an attack, just the truth. I'm going to provide my analysis of the situation and possibly solve the problem.

Truth/Problem: By now, it's no surprise that Pr2 isn't getting as much love as it used to. Mostly, people have migrated to a new game, they've gotten extremely bored, or there's nothing left to keep people on the edge of their seats, wanting to play this game everyday. All the legends have left over 10 years ago because all they cared about was macroing and ranking themselves up.

There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying that that's what you can usually expect out of them; you rarely see these guys play any levels, unless you either requested it, or if there was a prize that they wanted.

Now of days, most people are macroing their accounts up, instead of racing against each other like they used to. Once everyone reaches their rank goals, they're done with this game. Just like the legends were.

This game was essentially at it's peak during 2009, when you had a ton of people play the hell out of this game. Once it reached 2013, the games began to burn out. Why? Because people are tired of seeing the same layouts, backgrounds, play styles, animations, sound effects, etc.

At least 3/4ths of the current roster are unimpressed by the hats, weapons, and the levels. Obviously, that's not their fault. I'm not blaming anyone, just uncovering the truth.

Solution: How will I solve the problem or save Pr2 from dying any further? Well, by the end of this week, I'm going to show you what parts of this game could use a decent tune up, or what could be added to keep people from being burned out. I've decided to put off some parts from my second project, and focus on this, first because it seems to be more important.

This will be Project 1B instead, and should be done by this Saturday night, so stay tuned. Any thoughts or opinions you want to add, be my guest.

[Image: M5VBjwQ.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid
tl;dr: because it's a (nearly) 15 year old game which had a massive lull in development that is exclusive to a now deprecated browser plugin
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Battlealvin2009, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Delphinoid, Hahli144, Magniloquent, tadtad, Tejs, ThePizzaEater1000, Titanium
It's because
- People moved on to other games
- More recently, flash is depreciated
- Although Jiggmin added a lot of new stuff, some of it was a double edged sword. e.g. multiple campaigns before campaign page select

and other reasons too
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Hahli144
PR2 died because the Elite gamers who religiously played it and made amazing maps grew up and the server was always full of hormonal 13 year olds trying to bring back UwU and xD. We didn't need that toxic crap, so PR2 died. R.I.P
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
You have a good perspective. However, I think at this point we should be proud of our dedication to this game rather than regretful of how other people could like it as much as we do. I think this is something PR2 players should accept.
Those who wield swords but choose to sheath them will inherit the earth (closer interpretation).
(19th March 2022, 7:47 PM)Delphinoid Wrote: Project 1A / 1B / etc. is cute, and I always admire people finding a way to express their creativity, but at the end of the day the goal of the project is totally misguided. That much is immediately evident from this quote:

To put it bluntly, this is an absurdly naive and one-dimensional analysis of why PR2 is dead.

It's not my intention to be rude or mean here (even though that's exactly what I'm doing, unfortunately...). I do think you'd find your project a lot more fulfilling if you adjusted your goals and expectations for it though.

I don't think it's one-dimensional or misguided at all. It depends on how you look at it, tbh with you. It's at least half the reason why it's dead. Imagine stomaching the same garbage, every time you play this game... Think about it. I've heard people several times, mention new music or new backgrounds, hats, etc.

How would you adjust goals and expectations if it were you proposing the idea? Now, I'm curious.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid
(19th March 2022, 7:59 PM)Different Wrote: How would you adjust goals and expectations if it were you proposing the idea? Now, I'm curious.

I think you're trying to revive something that can't be revived.

(15th March 2022, 7:50 PM)Different Wrote: Why? Because people are tired of seeing the same layouts, backgrounds, play styles, animations, sound effects, etc.

Having thought about this, it's actually quite an accurate statement. People got bored of PR2 and moved on to other things. Being a 2D platformer has its limitations, and people will move away from such a game when newer, cooler things come out. If you were to show a 13 year old kid some gameplay of PR2, Valorant, Fortnite and Dota 2, which game would you expect him to play first? And given that much of PR2's appeal comes from its multiplayer gameplay, you'll get a snowball effect when activity begins to decline.

If you were to introduce new backgrounds, animations and sound effects, they might be interesting for a few days. After that people won't think too much about it. You'll just be left with the same game that looks slightly different.

As someone who plays alone 99.5% of the time, I would personally like to see a more enhanced single player experience. I saw something about AI on your other post which got me excited. Also game modes, or features that make the game more interesting (such as one involving ~JBG~'s Hat Minions) would allow for some exciting single player levels to be created.

Don't stop posting your ideas though. Any suggestion to improve PR2 is better than no suggestion. I quite enjoy seeing what you come up with Smile
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Delphinoid, Different