PR2 v167: Colorful Following
PR2 v167: Colorful Following

This update contains adds some new features and quality of life changes, as well as some bug fixes and optimizations.

Changes/Additions
- A slight tweak to the welcome message is now shown in main chat. It says "Type /help for a list of commands." Thanks for the suggestion, @Shane1334!
- New moderation option! Moderators now have the option to "restrict" levels. This prevents them from being shown on pages other than Search and Favorites.
- Today's Best is now Week's Best. This will allow for more levels to be featured. Thanks for the suggestion, @Eternal!
- Loadout previews! Before a loadout is loaded from a number shortcut, the game will prompt you to confirm that is indeed the loadout you'd like to load. Thanks for the suggestion, @AlphaZ!
- User following! You can now "follow" a player, meaning you'll receive a notification whenever they publish or update a level. Thanks for the suggestion, @Northadox!
- Colored player dots! Players are now represented on the mini-map by 4 different colors. You can also mouse over a dot on the mini-map to see which player it tracks. Thanks for the suggestion, @"Mystery"!

Fixes
- Using and unusing rank tokens now affects your stats properly. Thanks for the report, @Benedani!
- The start blocks are here to stay! Hopefully there won't be any more issues with start blocks vanishing when doing some crazy undo/redo magic. Thanks for the report, @TRUC!
- Plus and minus symbols are no longer removed by the text tool. + / - to your heart's content... unless you're going to put calculus into PR2. Thanks for the report, @ThePizzaEater1000!
- Testing a level set to eggs mode with no blocks no longer crashes the game. Yeah... this was a weird one. Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!
- The level editor now only displays the brush when intended. Another weird one. Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!
- The mini-map now displays correctly under all circumstances. Yet another weird one! Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!
- Further detection of impending crashes has been added. In an effort to stave off crashes from intense level loading before they occur, there is a new error that will be thrown only under the most extreme of circumstances.

Technical Changes
- Rate limiting on level deletion should now work as intended. Thanks for the report, @Camer the Dragon!

ICYMI
(In case you missed it)
- The servers will no longer show "down" for a minute after restarting. This comes with a bunch of other stability improvements to some backend scripts.
- More server info is now available! Each individual server will now list the hour a happy hour will occur and the uptime in the server status file.
- The Vault of Magics works again! Thanks to @AntEverything for helping me debug this.

Here's the Motley Monday video for this update!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, AlphaZ, Battlealvin2009, bazooka, Camer the Dragon, Drflash55, Magniloquent, Northadox, Shane1334, ThePizzaEater1000
RIP Softlock%
Joking aside, very cool update!
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
You can have that Calculus BS. I hated taking math! The highest level I took was Statistics and that's it.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
(22nd March 2022, 10:41 AM)Different Wrote: You can have that Calculus BS. I hated taking math! The highest level I took was Statistics and that's it.

I knew it was an integral equation between 0 and pi/4 which required chain, that division rule (I don't remember the name of it), trig identities, and [I believe] L'hôpital's rule to complete. I didn't feel like getting out my notes from last semester. I did get an A- in calculus but I'm not trying to relive the trauma! 🤪

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(22nd March 2022, 12:55 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I knew it was an integral equation between 0 and pi/4 which required chain, that division rule (I don't remember the name of it), trig identities, and [I believe] L'hôpital's rule to complete. I didn't feel like getting out my notes from last semester. I did get an A- in calculus but I'm not trying to relive the trauma! 🤪

Lmfao! Right?! I'd use a calculator to avoid that nonsense. Whenever you have to recall that info in your head, it can take a while, depending on how you feel about math. A-? You did a lot better than I did; I got a C- lol
(22nd March 2022, 1:53 PM)Different Wrote: Lmfao! Right?! I'd use a calculator to avoid that nonsense. Whenever you have to recall that info in your head, it can take a while, depending on how you feel about math. A-? You did a lot better than I did; I got a C- lol

It was last semester! There was a pretty generous curve which was nice. I definitely did not feel like I earned the A- but hey -- not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

(22nd March 2022, 3:07 PM)bls1999 Wrote: It was last semester! There was a pretty generous curve which was nice. I definitely did not feel like I earned the A- but hey -- not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Should have pulled that calculator out, bro lol. The only time you should feel like you didn't earn a grade is if you cheated. Other than that, the nightmare's over & you conquered the beast. Let's just hope you don't have to see this stuff in your career 👀