PR2 Colour Dropper Fix
Ever since coming back to PR2 and making a bunch of levels again, this tiny issue has bothered me much more than it should. Currently the colour dropper is very close to working.. but doesn't. If you make your level completely in 1 go, this isn't a problem because they are all saved to the left side, but otherwise, I often forget the exact colour I used. 

As seen below, this is what the original colour looks like

Then, after using the colour dropper tool, it seems like it finds the right colour.. 

But then due to whatever reason (pretty sure has to do with some kind of transparency), the colour is slightly off. I'm sure there's some sort of mathematical colour hex code fix to this.

What I've been doing for now is just writing down the HTML colour codes of each colour I use for future use, but this isn't exactly ideal. (Obviously with black it's pretty obvious what colour to use again, but this is where you can see the biggest difference)
𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁,

𝒮𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓉
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stunt For This Useful Post:
  • Lego-man945, Shane1334, ZRD
This feature helps make some nice color fades though. But yeah otherwise it is kind or annoying. What I
do to get the exact color is use the color dropper to set the background to that color over and over until it doesn’t change anymore, and then go back to the art layer and select the color with the color dropper. I don’t think it’s 100%, but it’s close enough
This occurs because on background layers (layer 1 and above) the color is blended into the level's background a bit as the layer is slightly transparent.

To rework this would probably require a reworking of PR2's layer system...unlikely, so I think the best option would be just to have a palette of colors you could make and save. The color picker does have a color history so you can reduce the problem a little, but it has limits.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
(24th March 2022, 5:04 PM)Northadox Wrote: This occurs because on background layers (layer 1 and above) the color is blended into the level's background a bit as the layer is slightly transparent.

To rework this would probably require a reworking of PR2's layer system...unlikely, so I think the best option would be just to have a palette of colors you could make and save. The color picker does have a color history so you can reduce the problem a little, but it has limits.

How come you think they'd have to rework the entire layer system? I do think it's also related to the transparency element.. but couldn't they essentially just multiply the factor of transparency of the colour dropper by the equal percentage for each layer?
𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁,

𝒮𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓉
Maybe the reason why it doesn’t work for you, is because you didn’t spell color right
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Dan-83
(24th March 2022, 10:07 PM)Addy Wrote: Maybe the reason why it doesn’t work for you, is because you didn’t spell color right
Oof imagine not spelling it like a Canadian >Frown
𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁,

𝒮𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓉
This is from what I've said before (I'll find the thread and edit in)
but layer 1 only has 90% opacity, I feel it should have 100% tbh

EDIT: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1897 here's the thread
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Stunt
(25th March 2022, 8:40 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: This is from what I've said before (I'll find the thread and edit in)
but layer 1 only has 90% opacity, I feel it should have 100% tbh

EDIT: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1897 here's the thread

I don't think this is completely accurate, but what actually happens gives the same result.

The objects and art in the Art 0, Art 1, Art 2 and Art 3 layers appear to be tinted by the color of the background.
The amount they are tinted is:
Art 0 and Art 1 - 10%
Art 2 - 30%
Art 3 - 40%

Art 00 is a bit different. Instead of being tinted with the color of the background, it is tinted with the opposite color of the background. The colors are also more saturated.

Example of #FF9900 on Art 00 against a White and Black background
Actual color (left) vs Paint brush (right)
[Image: TzUQqIu.png]

In the below image you have the Waffle and Brick blocks in:
Art 3 (top)
Art 00 (middle)
Block (bottom)
[Image: cmACoWr.png]Waffle flavors: Brown Butter, Vanilla, Rotten, Strawberry, Honey, Blueberry

It would be helpful if this tinting is disabled for the selected layer so that you know what color things actually are.

You could also consider implementing a way to toggle the tinting for the whole level for those who don't want this effect in their levels.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Stunt