Poll: Do you still think that Rank 50+ is special, nowadays?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth!
The RANK 50+ Theory Cracked

Introduction: I'm going to talk about how the Rank 50+ obsession started, who's responsible, what's changed, your Ranking status, nostalgia, and more!

WARNING: If you're Rank 50-59, stop patting yourself on the back because this thread will hurt your feelings! First off, I didn't make this thread to put a smile on your face and dab you up for reaching Rank 50+ in this new decade... Sorry about that. I'm hear to crack the COLD-HEARTED TRUTH, pushing you to be better!

It's a lot to read, I know. But, if you want the truth, NO BS, then happy reading!

So now of days, if you're Rank 50+, it's not very impressive anymore. Why? Because there are exactly 945 accounts that are over Rank 50+. Yeah that's right... there are 945 accounts that are over Rank 50+. That's ridiculous because the more a Rank gets overpopulated by new players, the more it gets overrated and becomes less impressive.

You see, what people don't realize is that a higher rank equals respect. If you're someone who's up the creek without a paddle, and you needed a supplier, you'd lookup to the man who's already been there and done that, asking him for handouts. Whether it was folding, macroing, you name it! You respected the hell out of that higher ranked player because he was helping you reach your destination!

For those of you who are just now reaching the Rank 50+ list, don't pat yourselves on the back because you have a long ways to go before you can ever get noticed and remembered. If you were Rank 50+ back in 2008-2009, almost everybody knew who you were because you were considered important. You had something SPECIAL that no one else had back then.

Who Started it?

Believe it or not, the first man to reach Rank 50+ was UnknownAX back in 2008. Yeah that's right... 2008! The early days where people were testing the game back then. Around late fall of 2008, simming was invented. Tbh, it was UnknownAX who really started the Rank 50+ obsession because if you think about it, all these players started ranking up to Rank 50+ really fast in 2009.

Now, I'm not calling anyone out but, here's an example of a player who was well over Rank 50+ back in late 2008 to early 2009. Call it what you want, I just think it's impressive.

Had it not been for UnknownAX, I doubt Rank 50+ would have been achieved back then, until 2010. I'm not saying you should thank him, I'm saying you should be aware of the COLD-HEARTED TRUTH.

Some people, not me, say that he created an experience bot for people to download and abuse the hell out of the game.

Now, obviously this wouldn't fly today with the new exp bar update of 2020. If something like this was invented in 2009, things would have been VERY different today, leaving older players scared to death.

But hey, no one had ever thought of it before, which means everyone could pretty much get away with murder back then. Again, not calling anyone out in particular. Tbh, I think this was really invented to expose cheating and report it to the staff.

If UnknownAX hadn't started the Rank 50+ trend, then who would have?? I guarantee you guys, you wouldn't even see a Rank 50 until 2010, probably. It would have been a VERY slow transition from the 40s to 50s back then. Especially since not very many people knew about macroing.

Your influencers are the Rank 50+ legends from 2009 and older, tbh with you. I hope you don't think you would have gotten to Rank 50+, quickly on your own back then, do you? Had to start somewhere!

When people see others doing something outstanding, not knowing what's behind it, they want to follow them in their footsteps, which is what's happening today! Not everyone is like this, obviously, but a lot of you are, believe it or not!

The DEATH of Rank 50+

I hate to say it but the Zack6723 era, which started in 2010, began to kill off the golden status of Rank 50+ because you had a ridiculous amount of players who would piggyback off the Rank 50+ legends of 2008-2009, to reach their goals.

Here's Zack6723 back in 2009, who was Rank 35 at the time, racing against Frozne, who was Rank 52 at the time.

During this era, the golden status still lived on until 2010. During 2010, when you saw all these accounts rank up all of a sudden, that's when Rank 50+ died because you had too many players reaching Rank 50+!

Fun Fact: HackUAX was Rank 46 with no +3 at the time. He would quickly reach 47+3, then shortly a month later or so, reached Rank 52!

Tbh, Rank 50+ has lost it's golden status back in 2010 because that's when players were starting to get really comfortable, figuring out the tricks and mechanics to the game, while spending a tremendous amount of time, leveling up their accounts. These players would also piggyback off the real Rank 50+ legends from 2008-2009.

The reason a Rank 50+ list didn't exist back in 2008-2010 is because Rank 50+ was still fairly new to the noobie players of Pr2. The first Rank 50+ list was back in 2011. No one had caught on to the Rank 50+ players until 2010.

@Jiggmin on the other hand, didn't like the fact that there were so many players reaching Rank 50+, so he decided to finally do something about it in 2010.

Pr2 Exp - May 2, 2010 Update!
Half EXP
EXTRA: Rank 50+ Limit

As time when on from 2010, more and more players would begin to find crafty and creative ways to reach Rank 50+, making the rank more overrated than it was before.

Because of this, Rank 60+ would quickly become the new Rank 50+. Who started it? UnknownAX did, really. But, quesin helped build that legacy, 12 years ago.

The DEATH of Rank 60+

Let's just cut to the chase... Rank 60+ had been popular up until 2014. 3 years from quesin ranking up to 60, @AlphaZ would reach Rank 60 back in March of 2013, leaving everyone in a shit storm, not knowing what to do with themselves. Then, players like me, slowboy03, and Chocapic would follow behind him.

Quesin was Rank 64 at the time of @AlphaZ huge rank up. He knew someone would catch up to him eventually, so he decided to push for Rank 65. This man was already far ahead of everyone else, but decided to quit at Rank 65 because of the rank tokens. Tbh, he was the last of the 2008-2009 legends, to leave Pr2.

Before the return of @FDX3 in fall of 2013, quesin would stay in the lead at Rank 65, followed by @AlphaZ with Rank 63, and myself at Rank 62. @FDX3 saw an opportunity to surpass quesin, becoming the highest ranked player in 2014. Had quesin continued from 2013, things would have been very different.

Things like a ridiculous IP TEST by mods back in 2012-2013, made it difficult for you to level up in peace. A damn IP test doesn't determine whether someone is macroing or not... come on, now!

The DM Glitch was an exploit in the game, allowing players to gain experience REALLY FAST within 5 seconds!

When the DM Glitch was born, thanks to Jellyhood3, players quickly took advantage of the situation, making Rank 60+ become overrated VERY FAST!

On the other hand, someone decided to report the incident to @Jiggmin, causing it to get patched in July of 2014. Then, when the game experienced a major failure in December of 2014, the DM glitch would return in January of 2015, for a short period of time. You should be thanking that person because then Rank 70+ would eventually become quickly overrated... think about it!

THE COLD-HEARTED TRUTH! 🥶

Rank 50+ isn't SPECIAL anymore and neither is your player. I don't mean to be blunt and hurt anyone's feelings but, it's the truth! Your player can't be SPECIAL unless you do something VERY remarkable on Pr2. If you're below Rank 70, you will not get noticed, I promise you. Maybe a little bit at Rank 60+, but anything below that, and you can forget it. There are wayy TOO MANY players reaching Rank 50 and 60+, now.

Players are getting really comfortable grinding experience points past 10m+. Back then, you'd complain your ass off because it was too much for you to handle. You weren't used to this level of experience until updates like rank tokens, happy hour, welcome back bonus, and other things took over. Take all that stuff out, and you're back to complaining again.

When a Rank becomes overpopulated by players, it's destroyed, which means you need to work twice as hard to stand out amongst other players. Nothing you do will be impressive, unless you are above Rank 70+, trust me! Everyone is macroing their accounts, full time now, and they've successfully gotten used to insane amounts of experience that exceed 50 million+.

But before this, never in your wildest dreams would you ever imagine reaching experience points above 50 million, 100 million, 150 million, etc. You know who you are, and give yourselves a huge pat on the back because people will respect you and notice you, quickly. I'm not saying that that's the only thing they'll respect you for. I'm saying that's one of the things they'll respect you for.

On the other hand, had it not been for macroing being allowed in 2017, that damn captchas would have still been around, making things VERY difficult for the players who are Rank 70+. Those ranks wouldn't even be there, now! The only people who could work around this system, were people who had experience bots and custom exploits!

Players below Rank 70+, you need to reach this rank to be considered SPECIAL in Pr2 because it was @AlphaZ and @Colind who paved the way to Rank 70+, 5 years ago. Now they're Rank 80!

Had UnknownAX not started the Rank 50+ trend, 13 years ago, the roster would have looked like this, today. Think about what he did! Thank about reaching Rank 50+, quickly back then!

Unfortunately, a lot of the Rank 50+ legends from 2008-2009 have long been forgotten because the majority of them quit Pr2, and are now part of an extremely large roster full of Rank 50+ players. What do you think would have happened today, if all of them (except for UnknownAX) had just decided to keep on pushing their ranks, forward. Well, this is my prediction:

YOUR Addiction

At the end of the day, I'm sure we'd all like to know why you are so addicted to ranking your accounts up to 50+. Well, you have to understand that the whole Rank 50+ obsession, started in 2009 when players below Rank 50, developed a dopamine spike, when they saw players reaching Rank 50+ ranks.

The reason you still have that dopamine spike and adrenaline rush, every time you see your ranks exceed to a high level, is because you are obsessed with ranks. The older legends paved the way for you, leaving you totally obsessed because you wanted something that used to be special back then. Now, all these 2008-2009 legends have retired their ranks, leaving you totally obsessed with macroing!

Ranking Status

The Ranks go down every year because new players are starting to reach them.

BONUS

Teamcowboy at Rank 50 in early 2009:

Quesin at Rank 46 in early 2009 (Skip to 1:45)

Back in the day when the roster was lit, and servers were packed! (0:01-0:07)

Spanishboy10, Ryguy16, and M@gic*G, all below Rank 50+, before they reached golden status later on that year.

Quesin at Rank 56 (Skip to 2:57). Video was uploaded 2 months after he reached Rank 56 in August.

Crispy94 at Rank 50 (Skip to 1:30).

Quesin at Rank 50, LamLam at Rank 43, and M@gic*G at Rank 34 (Skip to 1:49). All would rank to 50+ later on in 2009.

That's all I have to share with you guys, as this will be my LAST Pr2 History thread; there's really not much more to talk about from the past, unless you know something that I don't. Any objections to my findings or facts, you're welcome to state them below. I don't care that this thread is super long because you need to know the COLD-HEARTED TRUTH!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, IceThatsCool, Magniloquent, oxy, tadtad, Vipa
Nice thread, found this interesting to read.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • Different, oxy, Vipa
Rank was special only in the very early days of PR2 when players actually had to earn their rank by playing the game. The advent of simming (+macroing, botting, etc. etc.) ended this. I agree that achieving rank 50+ is not special in 2022, but I would argue it never was special.

Rank would be special, a meaningful achievement, if it were a reflection of a player's contributions to the PR2 community, their skill & accomplishments, and their dedication to PR2. But it's not. Rank only shows one thing: the amount of time you left your computer on with PR2 idly chugging away at your sim/macro/bot.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin, Different, ExplosionZ, Mia, Stunt, ThePizzaEater1000, Vipa
(19th April 2022, 3:03 PM)Magniloquent Wrote: Rank was special only in the very early days of PR2 when players actually had to earn their rank by playing the game. The advent of simming (+macroing, botting, etc. etc.) ended this. I agree that achieving rank 50+ is not special in 2022, but I would argue it never was special.

Rank would be special, a meaningful achievement, if it were a reflection of a player's contributions to the PR2 community, their skill & accomplishments, and their dedication to PR2. But it's not. Rank only shows one thing: the amount of time you left your computer on with PR2 idly chugging away at your sim/macro/bot.

Well said, bro! Couldn't have said it better!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ
I mean, letting a program run in the background isn't really dedication to me. Dedication would be making awesome maps, winning PR2 contests, or beating a really difficult map. Maybe back in 2008 when no one knew what macroing on PR2 was? Sure, rank would've been impressive then, and taken dedication. Even as a rank 75 myself, I don't see that as dedication. Dedication is defined as the willingness to give a lot of time and energy to something, but we're not really doing that when we macro. We're not giving our time and energy, we're having a program do it for us. It's fun reaching crazy high ranks, sure. That's why I do it. But dedication? Not really.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent, ThePizzaEater1000
(19th April 2022, 3:03 PM)Magniloquent Wrote: Rank was special only in the very early days of PR2 when players actually had to earn their rank by playing the game. The advent of simming (+macroing, botting, etc. etc.) ended this. I agree that achieving rank 50+ is not special in 2022, but I would argue it never was special.

If rank was equivalent to the amount of time spent playing the game and achieving things skill-wise, I would easily be at the top.

Good thread different whoever the **** you are, who are you btw? impressed that ur writing a longer text on a dead flash games forum than im writing on my exam
[Image: giphy.gif]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vipa For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, Magniloquent
(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: You have 1/3rd what it takes to get to the top, not sure I'd call that an accomplishment seeing as players' alts are even higher.

That's entirely irrelevant to the point I was making, but go on. Talk about how unaccomplished I am. Running a macro isn't an accomplishment just because other people have done it for longer than me.

(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: I have given plenty of time and energy to get to the rank I'm at. When I set a goal for myself I see it through; I have been committed to hitting rank 80 for a very long time now.

You're missing my point, AlphaZ. It's not your time and energy being spent grinding for ranks when it's just a program running in the background. It's equivalent to botting posts, which also isn't impressive and doesn't take dedication.

(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: If my journey to rank 80 isn't dedication then your daily folding isn't dedication either; it's the same principle according to you. You're doing nothing yourself by leaving F@H running because the programs doing it all for you.

Yeah, and that's not me being dedicated either. I'm just choosing to use my GPU for folding. I'm not slaving away at my computer unpacking the work units (and it's not really a rational comparison anyway cause it's curing cancer, but that's beside the point).

(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: There is a level of difference between someone who tries and someone who does. You can't really compare a little over 2+ years of stress-free ranking to the 10+ years of ranking some of the top rankers have. Rank by no means equals skill, but it's far-fetched to disrespect the grind it took some of us to get here.

What are you talking about? I'm not disrespecting anything, I'm just telling it like it is. And you missed my point yet again. I don't think you quite understand the point I'm trying to make. Running macros =/= giving our time and energy to something. Macroers are not giving their time and energy ranking up. They're leaving it to a program to do it for them.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • ThePizzaEater1000
(21st April 2022, 10:10 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: Nah, the reason I mentioned the first two sentences is because you used your rank as a way to propagate your argument. You being rank 75 doesn't validate your point anymore than someone claiming to be rank 0. Secondly, it is my time and energy when I have written multiple 2000+ line macros as opposed to your 16 click recording. That's simply besides the point, you can not redefine/make up definitions of words to suit your own argument. Dedication simply means commitment, stop trying to attach your own meaning to words. I have been determined and committed to hit my rank goals for years now so to deny that by making up some bullshit is ridiculous and rather hypocritical coming from you. 

If I'm waking up checking my macro and going to sleep and checking my macro then fixing it every day if it's broken religiously for years, how is that not dedication? Time is spent. Energy is spent. This is dedication according to your definition. Quit trying to deny what's blatantly apparent my guy. I don't appreciate the disrespect.

It wouldn't matter if I never played PR2 in my life, I would still have the same stance on macroing. I'm not quite sure why you're so hung up on me mentioning my rank. I felt it worth mentioning, that's all. You're reading way too far into it. It really doesn't take as much time and effort as you're leading on. You're making it sound like you're slaving away all day long behind your computer grinding your heart out. That's what dedication would be to me. I'm not attaching meaning bro, it's literally one of the textbook definitions. Whether your definition of dedication is different is whatever to me. I guess we'll agree to disagree. I'm sorry you're so upset over me not 100% agreeing with you. But go ahead, keep running a macro on idle and call it dedication. If that's dedication to you, then fine. Keep being dedicated. Be my guest. I'm not disrespecting anything. Done with this back and forth.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • ThePizzaEater1000
(21st April 2022, 11:05 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: It's funny hearing this stuff from you specifically of all people, that's why I'm replying to you. I could care less what you think as it wouldn't change what I think, but yeah I have 15 hour work days laying concrete. I do not have the time.

ciao

15 hour work days, now that's dedication to me! Tongue

Honestly dude, I have respect for you as a high rank, it's just something we disagree on. I hope you didn't take any part of this personally. Have a good one man.
(21st April 2022, 11:05 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: I have 15 hour work days laying concrete. I do not have the time.

Damn, that's some hard ass work, fr. Kind of reminds me of when I used to work in a factory, dealing with packages for hours. I respect the hard work and dedication, though 👍 You do what you gotta do to climb the mountain! 💪
I don't think you need to be working non-stop to be dedicated. Why would anyone take the time to manually sim  when macroing is allowed?

And I don't think rank is a good measure of dedication either. If some random player were to return to PR2 and achieved base Rank 50 in one week by buying happy hours and macroing 24/7, I would say that they are more dedicated than I am, even though I am way beyond Rank 50.

Macroing is extremely easy to do and doesn't require you to actually spend much time and effort, so there must be a reason why so many people aren't doing it. Maybe they aren't dedicated/committed enough to ranking up to find macro software, learn how to use it and remember to run the macro every day.

Having ultra high-ranked accounts and an automated system that can continue growing those accounts is the result of dedication/commitment, in my opinion. Some people have even made macros that can automatically switch to servers with Happy Hours and log back in if they get disconnected, so that's another level of dedication.

Reaping the rewards of your efforts shouldn't mean you're not dedicated. You would have had to be to get to where you're at.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, FDX3, Magniloquent
I think y'all are way too dedicated into this conversation about dedication Tongue

Jokes aside, you're pretty much arguing about two different types of dedication, I think. So yep, it's not like you cannot both be right about your definition, it all comes down to the perspective you're looking at it.
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Mia
The fact is, it absolutely has taken dedication for many top ranks (including previous top ranks) over the years. @"Mystery" makes it sound like it was as easy as just setting up a simple macro at rank 0 to run non-stop without interruption to reach those ranks, lol. The game has seen a ton of changes over the years. There's been far more to it all then just creating and editing super long scripts.

Sure, it's all much easier these days, but even now there's still occasions where a macro will need editing due to updates, and that requires dedication.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FDX3 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, HelpACC
I think we can all agree that @Colind is a perfect example of someone who was 100% dedicated to reaching Rank 80. That's not easy at all! He literally spammed happy hours and ran a very dedicated macro to be the first one.

Could he have reached Rank 81? Sure, if he wanted to. It's just unfortunate that he didn't have the energy to get there, otherwise it would have been done by now. The point is this: Dedication, Energy, and Time lays out the blueprint for a seasoned, high ranking player.
(22nd April 2022, 6:51 AM)TRUC Wrote: I think y'all are way too dedicated into this conversation about dedication Tongue

Jokes aside, you're pretty much arguing about two different types of dedication, I think. So yep, it's not like you cannot both be right about your definition, it all comes down to the perspective you're looking at it.

Yep basically this, there's the dedication in the sense of keeping up with something or maintaining it and there's the dedication that's putting in a ton of hours. Maybe "persistence" would be a better word for macroing, but either way both are right
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
You know what really irritates me... the fact that I was only Rank 35 back in 2009! Shit is corny as hell, bro! If I didn't have to move so much, I would have been at least Rank 51 or higher.
(22nd April 2022, 11:04 AM)Different Wrote: I think we can all agree that @Colind is a perfect example of someone who was 100% dedicated to reaching Rank 80. That's not easy at all! He literally spammed happy hours and ran a very dedicated macro to be the first one.

Could he have reached Rank 81? Sure, if he wanted to. It's just unfortunate that he didn't have the energy to get there, otherwise it would have been done by now. The point is this: Dedication, Energy, and Time lays out the blueprint for a seasoned, high ranking player.

Listen, there's a few reasons why I don't want to hit Rank 81..

1) It's gonna take more than half a year to get there & I am impatience asf tbh. 

2) I'm at a point of my life where I can finally stop caring about PR2 & focusing that dedication, energy, and my planning into my job/IRL w/ my gf. 

3) Fixing/Updating scripts/command etc just take times

4) I promised @AlphaZ that we'd be tie in PR2. 

I just want to thank everyone who doubted me/ or even encourage me to get this high into the game. Without you guys I couldn't do it on my own to be honest.

What I learned from this game is that people care too much about other people opinion's when all you've to do is do you and if that gives you happiness then you should go for it. #****YourOpinionTbh
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ
(24th April 2022, 7:18 AM)Colind Wrote: Listen, there's a few reasons why I don't want to hit Rank 81..

1) It's gonna take more than half a year to get there & I am impatience asf tbh. 

2) I'm at a point of my life where I can finally stop caring about PR2 & focusing that dedication, energy, and my planning into my job/IRL w/ my gf. 

3) Fixing/Updating scripts/command etc just take times

4) I promised @AlphaZ that we'd be tie in PR2. 

I just want to thank everyone who doubted me/ or even encourage me to get this high into the game. Without you guys I couldn't do it on my own to be honest.

What I learned from this game is that people care too much about other people opinion's when all you've to do is do you and if that gives you happiness then you should go for it. #****YourOpinionTbh

It just surprises me that you macroed almost half that experience and just stopped caring about it. Also, when did you make that promise?? Honestly, I thought you were going to go for it. Would have been nice to see, as ties are meant to be broken in my opinion. I just believe in competition and finishing what you've started, that's all.

But hey, if you're happy now, then I guess that's what matters the most.