Ar e you an vegan
Ifnso why are uoy living wrong
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Magniloquent, Northadox
I think the better question is, why is there such a negative stigma towards vegans?
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
I think most people don’t actually care, it’s just fun to make fun of them lol
I invite vegans to read this article
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
I invite non-vegans to go watch Dominion. Free to watch on youtube or their official website.
(25th April 2022, 4:23 PM)Mystery Wrote: I think the better question is, why is there such a negative stigma towards vegans?
Becasue they awlways make me feel Frown when I speak to them abuot food. 
and also they awlays so jugemental when I say I’m not an vegan(‘omg u relise ur contributing to an animal holocost” lmao yes nown let’s get some more beef on the grill )
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(25th April 2022, 6:08 PM)Matt Wrote: Becasue they awlways make me feel Frown when I speak to them abuot food. 
and also they awlays so jugemental when I say I’m not an vegan(‘omg u relise ur contributing to an animal holocost” lmao yes nown let’s get some more beef on the grill )

You literally opened up your post saying we're living wrong, then call us judgmental. 0/10 trolling effort.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • tadtad
(25th April 2022, 6:14 PM)Edit* adlibs troll?lmaoc am not trolling by sharing my thoughts, the word and opinions. Ur just sensitive Mystery Wrote: You literally opened up your post saying we're living wrong, then call us judgmental. 0/10 trolling effort.
Smokewithoutfire is still smoke noob
Yemlo and Co.
(25th April 2022, 5:49 PM)Mystery Wrote: I invite non-vegans to go watch Dominion. Free to watch on youtube or their official website.

saw the trailer, and sorry, some hollywood schlock that attempts to paint farm animals as Disney-esque companions instead of sources of food that we domesticated to suit our needs, ill-fit to the stresses of the wild is cringe!

seeing the meat industry subject to the cold efficiency of modern technology as brutal and inhumane? fine. have gripes with megacorporations and their lobbying and impact to the environment? sure. have issues with non-livestock animals such as dogs being slaughtered for meat in some countries? okay. wanting to reframe human diets to manufactured, processed garbage in stark contrast to the circumstances in which we evolved with? yikes!

vegans are subject to so much stigma because they betray human dietary traditions in lieu of eating manufactured "vegan" garbage on a vogue premise of humanitarianism. 

can you be a vegan? sure, I can't stop you (and believe me, can't stop my mum who has somehow been convinced veganism is sound), but don't expect to be able to fit in when you can't enjoy a normal meal, and please don't lecture us about how we're "heartless" for embracing our natural diets, how we're apparently "harming" bred livestock, how mere individuals are "hurting" the environment with what we eat.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Matt
(25th April 2022, 6:27 PM)Northadox Wrote: saw the trailer, and sorry, some hollywood schlock that attempts to paint farm animals as Disney-esque companions instead of sources of food that we domesticated to suit our needs, ill-fit to the stresses of the wild is cringe!

seeing the meat industry subject to the cold efficiency of modern technology as brutal and inhumane? fine. have gripes with megacorporations and their lobbying and impact to the environment? sure. have issues with non-livestock animals such as dogs being slaughtered for meat in some countries? okay. wanting to reframe human diets to manufactured, processed garbage in stark contrast to the circumstances in which we evolved with? yikes!

vegans are subject to so much stigma because they betray human dietary traditions in lieu of eating manufactured "vegan" garbage on a vogue premise of humanitarianism. 

can you be a vegan? sure, I can't stop you (and believe me, can't stop my mum who has somehow been convinced veganism is sound), but don't expect to be able to fit in when you can't enjoy a normal meal like the lot of us, and please don't lecture us about how we're "heartless" for embracing our natural diets, how we're apparently "harming" bred livestock, how mere individuals are "hurting" the environment with what we eat.
my thiughts eccatly.

Edit; *exactly
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Kribbles, Northadox
If you think vegan diets consist only of manufactured processed garbage, then I really have nothing more to say to you on that matter. Keep eating your animal flesh, and I'll keep eating my "manufactured processed garbage." I can't call myself an animal lover, and contribute to their torture at the same time. You are free to believe what you want, but don't come at me and somehow expect me to accept that I'm living my life wrong just for making a moral decision.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • -Shadowfax-, Delphinoid, Northadox, tadtad
(25th April 2022, 6:41 PM)Mystery Wrote: If you think vegan diets consist only of manufactured processed garbage, then I really have nothing more to say to you on that matter. Keep eating your animal flesh, and I'll keep eating my "manufactured processed garbage." I can't call myself an animal lover, and contribute to their torture at the same time. You are free to believe what you want, but don't come at me and somehow expect me to accept that I'm living my life wrong just for making a moral decision.
Uno reverse

dnot exoedt us to accept that were livingour life wrong because we believe eating meat is okay. Been normal for billions of years. Lamo. U just said where animal tortures so why you coming at us.
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
I wasn't "coming at you", you told me we're living our lives wrong. I'm just defending my point of view. If you know what goes on in the animal industry and can still happily eat animal products, then fine. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to force you to stop or argue about it. That's why I mentioned Dominion. Not everyone is aware what really goes on behind the scenes. Call it schlock or whatever else, but that kind of behavior is what goes on in the animal industry every single day. That being said, everyone's free to make their own choices.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • -Shadowfax-, Delphinoid, Northadox, tadtad, Uptight 534
(25th April 2022, 4:23 PM)Mystery Wrote: I think the better question is, why is there such a negative stigma towards vegans?

Because there is a small minority of vegans who try to shove their opinions down everyone's throat.
They have a problem with non-vegans eating meat.
But I have never seen a non-vegan have a problem with vegans who don't eat meat.

If those people could be more respectful of other people's' choices, then the stigma will go away.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
Getting told I am going to burn in the depths of Hell for eating a piece of sausage and pointing out that humans are omnivores (true story). Same thing goes to "meatatarians" that start bashing veganism every other sentence during the most non-relevant topics. Kind of on the same token as evangelical Christians versus r/atheism Atheists. Gotta love that horseshoe theory.

Obviously, these are extreme minorities. I could really care less about what you eat. 
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Mia, Northadox
Well I'm fairly certain vegans like that only make up a small percentage of us, but I do think it goes both ways. And I think that people in general should use friendlier methods of getting their point across. Unfortunately, there's going to be extreme behavior on almost any opinion. It's the vocally extreme that give us a bad reputation, unfortunately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Uptight 534
(25th April 2022, 8:32 PM)Different Wrote: Vegans will try to control you, and reprogram your subconscious mind into thinking that you should only eat vegetables for the rest of your life. Honestly, I don't see how that's part of living a healthy life style.
>Implying a vegan diet only consists of vegetables.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Mia
The problem with vegans is that they try to act like it's a sin to be non-vegan. Apparently, if I choose to eat some ribs or a hamburger, I committed a sin, today??... Like give me a break. I say eat whatever the hell you want and be happy with it!

Vegans will try to control you, and reprogram your subconscious mind into thinking that you should only eat things like vegetables, grains, nuts, and fruit for the rest of your life. Your body still needs red meat, which has zinc and iron, that's good for your blood cells. I'm not living off no damn nuts and veggies for the rest of my life!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Matt, Northadox
I see no moral issues with eating meat itself (or animal products in general), but clearly some of the stuff that goes on at commercial farms is immoral. That said, I'm not sure if the current market for animal products would be sustainable without some of that immorality that goes on

I think people as a whole should reduce their consumption of animal products, that would give a lot more breathing room for farming which helps the animals and this all helps the environment too. There's no need for everyone to go vegan though, and some people from my understanding literally can't go vegan, we should exercise moderation not go to extremes (no issues if you want to though)

I might eventually go vegan myself, I'm largely vegetarian already (guess you could call me a flexitarian) but I would have a hard time doing so. Some of my concern with going full vegan is things like no longer having those high bioavailable protein sources like from dairy, you can definitely get enough protein on a vegan diet but I'm not exactly sure how good that'd be for my long term health (not just the protein, other macronutrients and micronutrients as well). Definitely something I plan to research more
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Magniloquent
Personally I don't care if someone is vegan. However, the absolute rubbish that comes out of their mouth is barbaric. I don't force my eating habits and diet on them, but they have alien ways of trying to force us non-vegans to become vegan.
Like, sit down Brenda what does it matter to you what I'm putting in my mouth, acting like you've never shoved some meat down your throat - know your place girl.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Matt