Poll: Is it just man adn wom or more
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Man and woman
87.50%
7 87.50%
no
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A re their more than 2 genders?
Me pesonally, i think no. But. I also am happy for ppl to be what theywant. But 1 million years ago caveman adn dinosaurs didn’t choose genders they’re just cavemen and cavewoman. So why now are people chagning there identity ? Pls dnt get offended I dontcare
Yemlo and Co.
LMAO this is a touchy subject for a lot of people.
I do respect people based on who or what they identify as, male female or neither it doesn't bother me.
What gets me is the idea of it being normal. It isn't normal, for years yes people have felt they aren't male or a female, or that they are no specific gender. This is embedded in some peoples minds since childhood and they grow up questioning themselves. Media plays a massive part in this too, the fact that people aren't given a correct psychiatric evaluation before they are able to transition or start on hormonal pills is very disturbing.
I have read stories and seen videos of people going through so much to change their body and then a couple of years later regretting that decision. It causes more harm than it does coming out verbally as another gender.
Another thing, hate me if you like, if you're a male at birth and have transitioned into a female, you cannot give birth. You don't have a uterus, you weren't born with eggs, you've never had a natural period. You don't have the biological assests that make you a female. It angers me when these biological men say "men can have periods and men can get pregnant."
No you can't love. Don't take what my body can produce and turn it into a joke, stop making biological women feel like we are of a less value because now all of a sudden men can now function as women. That never will happen, no matter how many surgeries you have and how many pills you take you will never alter your DNA or biological being to the fullest to be a women. It isn't possible.
The exact same thing goes for women who transition into males, you can't 'have' sperm, you can't have a fully functioning penis, you can't have the anatomy of a male. It just isn't possible to attach a set of balls and a penis to a body, you can create a penis and create a vagina but you just cannot make it function like the real thing!
It never will be the real thing unless you were born with it at birth!

I can understand and really sympathise with people who are confused with their gender and identity, but these people need to undergo some serious therapy and mental evaluation to come to the final conclusion of permanent body transition. My friend only once spoke to her GP and said 'she' doesn't feel like a female and they immediately began giving her hormonal pills and 6 months later got her into surgery to remove her breasts and the tissue. 6 years later 'she' regrets the transition, now she has the female genitalia still, but no longer has the breasts and has had to come off male hormones. She now wants her breasts back, she wants to look like a female again, but she has a beard, her shoulders have become broad, her face has rounded off and the de-transition stage will take longer than it did to turn herself into a male.

I do believe there are only 2 genders, and there is nobody that can deny that because you cannot overrule science! You can identify as the other gender but you really need to seek some intense support before you make the choice to change your body.
For people who identify as neither gender, these are the people who have some form of trauma - that's just my opinion based on what I've seen in years.
It's also almost a trend, a way of fitting into society and people do it for clout, attention, fame. It's a very delicate subject in so many ways that if someone of gender (like me) voices my opinion on it suddenly I'm against it when I'm not. I support everyone decisions, but what I will not support is the way these life changes are dealt with because there is a huge percentage of these people who regret their decision and cause themselves more psychological damage.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • -Shadowfax-, AlphaZ, Matt
It seems you're not distinguishing gender from biological sex, there are only 2 biological sexes (maybe three with intersex but I don't know whether it'd count as a third) but gender can be separated from that. When people say there's more than 2 genders they don't mean there's more than 2 (maybe 3) biological sexes, that'd be ridiculous (some do think that but clearly they aren't living in reality)

Gender in this context typically refers to behavioral and psychological traits rather than strictly biological. Take for example how women are usually the ones to wear dresses, high heels, makeup, etc. If a biological male wants to do all that and live as how women typically do they would probably classify themselves as female but they'd of course still be biologically male

With all this in mind, some people might not conform to the typical standards of either and would fall under a different gender thus making more than 2 genders. I'm not an expert at all but this is how I understand things, so if anyone knows more feel free to chime in.

All that said I'm still not exactly sure how to feel about it, there being a technically infinite amount of genders seems unreasonable to me. I understand gender is a spectrum but the vast majority classify themselves as male or female and any who don't conform to either I get a 3rd gender coming in, but beyond that it seems like too much. At the end of the day though it's an extremely small minority of people who would classify themselves outside a 3rd gender, so the few you'd know there'd be no issues remembering their gender and pronouns. To close out, do what makes you happy, I have no issues with whatever gender you are or want to be
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • -Shadowfax-, Delphinoid, Mia
This is for anyone who's ever curious of how many different gender identities, society has created.

Genders
Nah, there is just men and women.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*, Master Raiden, Matt
I think there are only 2 genders. You can be one or the other, or a mixture of both, but not really anything outside of that unless you are born in such a way that you can't be reasonably classified as either.

For me, gender and biological sex are identical and I believe it should be that way. Using gender to classify people based on what they think or do is ridiculous, in my opinion. What gender roles you identify with doesn't magically change what you are, and neither does claiming you're a different gender.

For example:
If a man is a stay-at-home dad and takes care of the kids while his wife is out working, does that make him a female?
If a woman works as a car mechanic, does that make her a male?
If a man likes cuddling with cute puppies and playing dress-up with little children, does that make him a female?
If a biological male says he is a female, does that mean he can select the Female option when filling out a form?

[Image: OJaEABh.png]

Clearly there are better ways to describe people based on what they think and do.
If a woman is a truck driver, she is not a male. She is a truck driver.
If a biological male says he is a female, he is not a female. He is a male who said he is female.

So I think using gender is a terrible way to describe non-biological aspects of people. It should be tied to biological sex only, in my opinion.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • -Shadowfax-, AlphaZ, ExplosionZ, Matt
(27th April 2022, 7:15 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: Why? I don't see any reason why someone's biological sex should align with how they see themselves socially. There are certainly no ethical obligations.

I just don't see gender defined as how people see themselves. I see it as identical to biological sex. I guess I've always associated the word 'gender' with that.

(27th April 2022, 7:15 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: Why? For now at least, behavioural differences in men and women are statistically significant. It objectively makes sense to describe "feminine" and "masculine" attitudes and traits. But even though biological sex is a strong predictor for these kinds of characteristics, as it happens it's not perfect. Hence it makes sense to have some kind of description, separate from biological sex, of how people exhibit or identify with these attitudes.

I would love it if men and women didn't have these differences, but as long as they do, I think many people will find gender a useful concept for communicating how they feel they fit in.

What are some words you would use to describe feminine and masculine behavior? Why can't you just use those words instead? Describing someone as either male or female based on their behavior isn't as specific.

(27th April 2022, 7:15 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: I think you've missed the point, what you've written is bordering on incoherent. You just said "gender and biological sex are identical" and then are baffled when that view doesn't actually make sense (of course the gender you identify with doesn't change your sex, because gender and sex aren't identical rofl).

I said "gender roles", not "gender". Having the behavioral traits of a particular gender should not mean you are that gender.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
Live and let live. If someone wants to be a different gender, I don't care, sure. If they're an asshole about it, then I'll call them an asshole. If they're up in my face about it, it's not that I don't respect the person's reason for being trans, I simply don't respect the person at all.

Like every group, there's always a vocal minority that ruins it for everyone else. I know plenty of people who are trans and they're wonderful people. Again, live and let live. If you wanna do it and you're not up in my face about it, then more power to ya.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kribbles For This Useful Post:
  • -Shadowfax-, Delphinoid, Mia
It's all a mockery, Jordan Peterson holds all your answers
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ
what about the chidlren we must 49 think about th e childran
Yemlo and Co.