Poll: Would you still become a vegan after listening to this podcast?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely!
0%
0 0%
Man, Hell NO!
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Health Consequences of a Vegan Diet!
I invite all vegans to listen to Joe Rogan's thoughts on having a vegan diet. FYI, 90% of all vegans are vitamin B deficient, according to this video.

No offense, but Joe Rogan isn't really a good person to get soundproof logic from. He's the same guy who was caught spreading vaccine misinformation.
Have a wonderful day
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mystery For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, tadtad, ThePizzaEater1000
I'm not vegan and I never have been, but I was still deficient in both B12 and iron for a long time and had to take supplements / make changes to my diet as a result. If I'm not mistaken, around 90% of people in general have micronutrient deficiencies; I think it's equally necessary for everyone - regardless of whether they're vegan, vegetarian or whatever - to put time into planning a healthy diet that works for them.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Delphinoid For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(16th May 2022, 7:36 AM)Mystery Wrote: No offense, but Joe Rogan isn't really a good person to get soundproof logic from. He's the same guy who was caught spreading vaccine misinformation.

If you hop on air and start telling the truth, you'll get shutdown. I'd go into details about what that means in this case, but I don't want to get banned from this site.
I think it's funny how people say vegans are obnoxious when I always see people posting shit like this about vegans being malnourished and other unverified garbage. I'm vegan as a moral choice, and I'm not gonna live a short life just because I don't eat animal byproducts. I don't care if you want to keep eating meat, and am not trying to sway you to live my lifestyle. Keep being you, I'll keep being me, and move on.
Have a wonderful day
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mystery For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Delphinoid, Different, Lambdadelta, Matt, tadtad, ThePizzaEater1000, Uptight 534
(16th May 2022, 7:58 AM)Different Wrote: If you hop on air and start telling the truth, you'll get shutdown. I'd go into details about what that means in this case, but I don't want to get banned from this site.

I want to precede this by saying that I don't really know much about Joe Rogan, and in general I don't agree with dismissing someone's argument based solely on them having a poor history as Mystery suggests. That being said, I'd be very careful adopting the kind of mindset you're describing here. It's very likely that what you see as an informed person telling the truth is really just an average guy authoritatively spitting out hot takes.

Indeed, after reading a bit more about Joe Rogan, I think this might really be the case. For instance, he has claimed that the moon landing was a hoax (until he realized recently that he has no idea what he's talking about), promoted an alien conspiracy theorist who claims to have been a physicist employed at Area 51 (despite having no such credentials), and so on. As Mystery alluded to, he seems to have shared some particularly egregious takes, such as his thoughts on COVID-19 (which ended up directly harming people, if I'm not mistaken), a dismissal of transitioning as a viable strategy for coping with gender dysphoria (which I can't find a direct source for these last two, so take them with a grain of salt for now) and asserting that autism and ADHD are "made up". In general, he also repeats a lot of so-called "New Age" ideas and seems to promote some weird kind of unhealthy hyper-masculinity.

To repeat what I said before, be very careful accepting everything that someone says, especially random people on podcasts whose only goal is to provide you with an entertaining (not accurate) stream of consciousness. I think it's fine to enjoy podcasts (unless it's Keemstar's), but you should do your own, unbiased research before coming to a conclusion on the topics they talk about. If possible, read peer-reviewed papers from reputable journals (not only their conclusions, but also any remarks they have on the limitations of their methods and the validity / context of their results), and try to find discussion from both sides rather than whichever side you would naively agree with first.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delphinoid For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Lambdadelta, Mystery, tadtad, ThePizzaEater1000
(16th May 2022, 7:58 AM)Different Wrote: If you hop on air and start telling the truth, you'll get shutdown. I'd go into details about what that means in this case, but I don't want to get banned from this site.
A quick 0.1 second search would show ivermectin is an antiparasitic, not antiviral drug for humans, even in the 2015 Nobel Prize winning research conservatives love to post as “evidence”. (Red Herring aside: ) Same goes for liberals who use the “horse-dewormer” argument against its antiparasitic use for humans.

Another point on the horseshoe theory board!
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(16th May 2022, 9:26 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: It's very likely that what you see as an informed person telling the truth is really just an average guy authoritatively spitting out hot takes.

If you have over 12 million subscribers on Youtube, you're not an "average guy".

(16th May 2022, 9:26 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: Indeed, after reading a bit more about Joe Rogan, I think this might really be the case. For instance, he has claimed that the moon landing was a hoax (until he realized recently that he has no idea what he's talking about), promoted an alien conspiracy theorist who claims to have been a physicist employed at Area 51 (despite having no such credentials), and so on. As Mystery alluded to, he seems to have shared some particularly egregious takes, such as his thoughts on COVID-19 (which ended up directly harming people, if I'm not mistaken), a dismissal of transitioning as a viable strategy for coping with gender dysphoria (which I can't find a direct source for these last two, so take them with a grain of salt for now) and asserting that autism and ADHD are "made up". In general, he also repeats a lot of so-called "New Age" ideas and seems to promote some weird kind of unhealthy hyper-masculinity.

I would agree that a lot of things he says, does have some egregious takes. But, on the flip side, that moon landing thing in general, probably was a hoax to begin with. I did my research on that incident, and learned that society has been lying to us about a lot of things for years. They want you to believe that it actually happened.

They don't want you to know the truth, period. If anyone comes out and discloses information about anything major that they don't want you to know about, you will either get shutdown or they'll find a way to make you look foolish.

Also, how do you know that some of those thoughts ended up directly harming people?

(16th May 2022, 9:26 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: If possible, read peer-reviewed papers from reputable journals (not only their conclusions, but also any remarks they have on the limitations of their methods and the validity / context of their results), and try to find discussion from both sides rather than whichever side you would naively agree with first.

Where do you get your sources from? I'm just kind of curious because some sources can feed lies into your head, manipulating you into believing what they want you to believe.

(16th May 2022, 10:14 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: A quick 0.1 second search would show ivermectin is an antiparasitic, not antiviral drug for humans, even in the 2015 Nobel Prize winning research conservatives love to post as “evidence”. (Red Herring aside: ) Same goes for liberals who use the “horse-dewormer” argument against its antiparasitic use for humans.

Another point on the horseshoe theory board!

What's your point?
(16th May 2022, 10:39 AM)Different Wrote: What's your point?
Rogan saying ivermectin, an antiparasitic drug, works for COVID-19, a virus, is complete bullshit and far from the truth. Looking at the research he even cites disproves this.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(16th May 2022, 10:48 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Rogan saying ivermectin, an antiparasitic drug, works for COVID-19, a virus, is complete bullshit and far from the truth. Looking at the research he even cites disproves this.

What you're saying is very dangerous and detrimental to your health, if you get COVID-19. Anytime they want to kill off a significant number of people, they will find a clever way to make you look foolish, if you go around spreading evidence that it works. It's like finding the cure for cancer and then proving it. They WANT you to believe that ivermectin is bullshit.

Bro, I can't have this conversation with you here publicly because I'm going to get banned for sharing some more truthful thoughts about this stuff. I'd be glad to share a site with you that goes into details, but for the sake of not getting banned, I'm just going to end it right here.
This isn't the type of discussion that is encouraged.
(16th May 2022, 11:04 AM)Different Wrote: What you're saying is very dangerous and detrimental to your health, if you get COVID-19. Anytime they want to kill off a significant number of people, they will find a clever way to make you look foolish, if you go around spreading evidence that it works. It's like finding the cure for cancer and then proving it. They WANT you to believe that ivermectin is bullshit.

Bro, I can't have this conversation with you here publicly because I'm going to get banned for sharing some more truthful thoughts about this stuff. I'd be glad to share a site with you that goes into details, but for the sake of not getting banned, I'm just going to end it right here.

I understand that this is a closed thread, but I feel it is my responsibility to correct this as one of the curators and moderators of this website.

First, let me be perfectly clear: It is extremely dangerous to take any drug or treatment without the advice of a licensed physician that has access to your medical history. ALWAYS consult your doctor before taking any medication/vaccine or undergoing any procedure/treatment.

Now that that's out of the way, let me get into specifics. These conspiracy theories and "alternative treatments" always start with a fringe/unrelated/loosely-related study or a stupid comment and get blown out of proportion. It was the same with the proposed treatments of taking chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine and injecting/drinking bleach. Both of these "treatments" can lead to severe medical problems and/or death. Absolutely do NOT do either of these things.

Now, to examine the claims surrounding Ivermectin. Even discounting the fact that Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic drug (not an anti-viral), a simple Google search will reveal a number of reputable sources that warn against the use of Ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19. The following are just on the first page:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.n...vermectin/
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-u...t-covid-19
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220331...tudy-finds
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/30/healt...ation.html

By and large, the most effective prevention for COVID-19 is any of the FDA-approved vaccines. The Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson&Johnson vaccines have gone through extensive clinical trials proving to be safe and over 90% effective in decreasing the risk of hospitalization and death. More information:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/covid19_vaccine_safety.html
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...t-20484859
https://www.who.int/news/item/17-05-2022...ectiveness

Paxlovid, fluvoxamine, and molnupiravir are three oral anti-viral medications that are proven to effectively treat existing COVID-19 infections and greatly reduce symptoms when prescribed within a certain timeframe of symptom onset (with Paxlovid being the most effective, according to most modern medical literature). More information:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35118917/
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/13-thi...d-covid-19
https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2713
https://time.com/6175031/paxlovid-covid-19-treatment/

I don't usually respond to things like this; however, it's easy to be fooled by a lot of the fringe media out there. This is why I will only be issuing a verbal warning for posting COVID-19 misinformation this time. As you expressed, political and medical misinformation surrounding COVID-19 is dangerous and should be politely corrected when encountered. Always search for the most up-to-date medical literature from scholarly and reputable sources.

If you have any further questions about where to get vaccinated, seek treatment, or get more information about COVID-19, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Mystery