ඞ Northadox 4 Community Ambassador ඞ
I was offered this position by bls 1216 + 806 in the past before (@Ashley766  took this position; I declined it to be humble) but times have changed. I now want that pretty yellow username text (and I guess the role of "advising staff on public opinion and having input on decisions that affect the community", whatever that means)  and YOU'RE going to help me acquire that. Thanks!

My past with Jiggmin's games:
- I've been playing Platform Racing 2 since roughly ~2011. My prior account with this join date is inaccessible, though I've mainted my main account for nine some years. I would've played it earlier but I would've been a baby boy then, hopefully that's enough seniority for you.
- I drew and helped implement the oh-so luxurious Brew Set. You can thank me again for such an amazing inclusion.
- I beat "The Legend" legit. That's the only PR2 thing I'm going to brag about because it's the only accomplishment I have from it. Sorry, trappers!
- I'm a beta tester for PR2 if that means anything.
- Several of my suggestions made it into PR2; these include backported Teleport Blocks and following/favoriting users. Thank you @bls1999 -kun for implementing these!
- I made an incredibly short-lived PR2 review series on YouTube where I reviewed all of the levels in the original campaign. I deleted this out of secondhand embarassment but trust me I did do that.
- I'm working on a modern open-source recreation of Platform Racing in my custom-written engine. On hiatus now but SOMEDAY it'll be out, trust me.
- I recreated a recreation of Jiggmin's "Orbit". You can play a rough version here. I want to go back and refine this more.
- I made the campaign level "Welcome to Windows 95" for PR3R. I've heard some people say it's too hard but I think it was fair
- I played Futurism feverishly when that was a thing. So much fun. Had more fun than PR2 but don't tell the gamers here that. Played many games into the wee hours with Nerdon (or Nedron, as he insisted he be called). Fun times
- I have played and completed most of Jiggmin's games, sans like Competitive Line Waiting, and have even speedrun some of them (chiefly The Game of Disorientation). I'm still waiting for Neverending Light Pt. 2!!!!!!!!!
- I also aided with the initial discovery of the (updated) version of Bubble Racing over on the Discord.

My past with Jiggmin and his community:
- I've been engaged with the Jiggmin community since 2013 going under the aliases "SmexxyPlunger", "Dingdaga", "Vex", and lastly "Northadox" (might change that later but it's since stuck).
- I stalked helped in the reemergence of Jiggmin when "freegoo.se" was a thing. Here's a photo him and his wife I got from him! Even has my name. Thank you Jacob, very cool!
- I hosted two (quickly aborted) games of Roll to Dodge back when that was a thing on this board. God, remember actual fun Village Games instead of just "spam this thread until we (never) hit a million pages"? Good times
- I also hosted several quirky Village Games of my own on old JV..."Dot" ring a bell for anyone? No? Just me? Alright...
- I judged Styler of the Month for a time before that contest went defunct.
- I won Campaign of the Month at least once if that means anything.

My personal qualities:
- I am terminally online and have been so for the past ten years. Help me
- I really like having cool yellow text

Thank you for your consideration! Make sure to SLAM that heckin' thanks button!!!!! ඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞ
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Magniloquent, Matt, tadtad, ThePizzaEater1000
Hi Northadox
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(6th July 2022, 10:20 PM)tadtad Wrote: Hi Northadox

I did not care for rollers. Did not care for 'em
(6th July 2022, 10:22 PM)Northadox Wrote: I did not care for rollers. Did not care for 'em
What is a "rollers"??
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(6th July 2022, 10:16 PM)Northadox Wrote: - I'm working on a modern open-source recreation of Platform Racing in my custom-written engine. On hiatus now but SOMEDAY it'll be out, trust me.

What's taking so long? I thought you were close to being done by now. Do you have a career that eats up most of your time, or are you a procrastinator?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
vote4vote plz
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(8th July 2022, 10:01 AM)Different Wrote: What's taking so long? I thought you were close to being done by now. Do you have a career that eats up most of your time, or are you a procrastinator?

I didn't know someone was that interested. Here are my reasons:

1. I'm lazy
2. I'm stupid
3. I hav a short attention span and want to work on other projects and skills

ඞ I hope that answers your questions ඞ
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(8th July 2022, 1:00 PM)Northadox Wrote: I didn't know someone was that interested. Here are my reasons:

1. I'm lazy
2. I'm stupid
3. I hav a short attention span and want to work on other projects and skills

ඞ I hope that answers your questions ඞ

Well yeah, I mean artistically, your project looks more appealing than the original Platform Racing 2 (no offense to Jiggmin). The bricks and the item blocks mimic the Mario play style game a lot better than the original Pr2. So no, you're not stupid at all. You just have a difficult time, staying committed to gettin things done; that's perfectly normal. That's how I am, trust me.

Visit my thread, real quick. What are your thoughts?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox