Poll: Do you agree with the FCC prohibiting foul language on the radio?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

The Radio Station - Foul Language
Do you agree with the FCC prohibiting the famous seven dirty words on the radio, or do you believe that by them doing this, violates the first amendment, when it comes to exercising free speech on the radio? Everyone listens to the radio... and I mean everyone!

But, how often do you hear bleeps and silence, when it comes to certain kinds of language on the radio or during songs? Does it annoy the hell out of you, or are you ok with it? Let's talk about it. You see, from 6am to 10pm, the FCC prohibits the use of obscene, indecent, and profane language on the radio because they think that children might be tuning in.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but If you want to dig deeper and find out more information, then check out the links below. Some of you may have different views on this stuff, and some of you may not give a damn about it. Whatever your take is on this stuff, I'd love to hear it either way.

https://www.thewrap.com/stephen-colbert-...-wont-end/

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/obs...broadcasts
Whether we protect the kids from foul language or not, they all become screwed up adults like the rest of us.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
I don't see how they would stop children from tuning into adult stations, when their parents tune in to them, subconsciously (regardless of who's around).
This makes sense, it is like that on TV here and called the watershed (I do not listen to radio so I would not know of the situation there)

About free speech, I don't know what these words are and even if these words are just 100% banned or just during the timeslot, but either way you can probably get the same message across using different words, the English language has a lot of redundancy
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
@Camer the Dragon These would be words like the F-Bomb, S word, C you next Tuesday, and inappropriate sexual innuendos like C-skr. You get what I mean. The only time they wouldn't censor that stuff, is on paid, TV subscription programs on HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime.
no on forums fowl languase. I am not an mod on an radio so idk lamo. Forum rules no bad words pls. Ok thx
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Different
If your vocabulary is big enough, you won't have to use those words.
I don't see how this violates freedom of speech. You can still say whatever you want, but just with different words.

Should I be allowed to call people using the N-word because I have freedom of speech?
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(8th July 2022, 10:45 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: If your vocabulary is big enough, you won't have to use those words.
I don't see how this violates freedom of speech. You can still say whatever you want, but just with different words.

They claim that it "violates the first amendment" in the first article. They even argued that statement in court. I think they do this to protect those who are ignorant and uneducated.
I would take freedom of speech to mean freedom to speaking about topics (but not something such as hate speech, that can be avoided when you are speaking about a topic), and topics can be spoken about without those words
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(9th July 2022, 6:56 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I would take freedom of speech to mean freedom to speaking about topics (but not something such as hate speech, that can be avoided when you are speaking about a topic), and topics can be spoken about without those words

You're exactly right. Also, not just the radio podcast, but the world too can learn to stop letting hate speech come out of their mouths. We'd all be better off at that point.

On the other hand, why do you think people choose to use hate speech, abusive language, and allow profanity to fly out of their mouths? Because it seems like no matter WHO they're around, they let their true colors shed, publicly; even on the radio.