I need help
Music 
I even put a music icon next to the thread subject so it's not as much clickbait-ish as it sounds (even though virtually no ones views blogs from the forum section anyway), but I kinda do need help with an opinion, lol. If you have access to a sound device, and about 4 minutes, that is

Basically, which sounds better between the 2 (low end VS high end strings)... or would something in between work better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSdIeKpnwa8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODQQ40T73yw
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Justinbob100, Mia
(23rd August 2022, 1:59 AM)TRUC Wrote: I even put a music icon next to the thread subject so it's not as much clickbait-ish as it sounds (even though virtually no ones views blogs from the forum section anyway), but I kinda do need help with an opinion, lol. If you have access to a sound device, and about 4 minutes, that is

Basically, which sounds better between the 2 (low end VS high end strings)... or would something in between work better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSdIeKpnwa8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODQQ40T73yw

Ok so, I'm going to ask you the same questions that I asked @Justinbob100.

1. Are you a music producer/composer?

2. If this is your work, is it sampled or all original?

3. If this is your work, does it have a copyright on it?

4. If this is still your work, what software did you use to compose the music, as in FL Studio 21, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, etc?

5. Considering all the above, have you ever thought about promoting your music on a popular streaming site, rather than JV? The reason is due to JV being a dead community.

Final thoughts: I think the Low End strings sounds better than the high-end strings, just because it sounds more dark and medieval. It really depends on what mood you're going for, for the songs. The first one, I'm assuming is the dark, low-end version in C Minor.

The second one, I'm assuming is the depressing, high-end version in F# Minor. Like I said man, it really depends on what your mood is for these songs. The way the key is composed, tells me right away that it's either a dark melody or a depressing melody. I think you're going for a more, dark version, so definitely go for the low-end, C Minor strings.

If you did compose these songs, then congratulations because I think you did a good job on both of them. First one sounds more classic, and the other one just reminds me of something else unique.

How I figured out the keys for these songs: https://getsongkey.com/tools/key-finder
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
(23rd August 2022, 7:13 AM)Different Wrote: Ok so, I'm going to ask you the same questions that I asked @Justinbob100.

1. Are you a music producer/composer?

2. If this is your work, is it sampled or all original?

3. If this is your work, does it have a copyright on it?

4. If this is still your work, what software did you use to compose the music, as in FL Studio 21, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, etc?

5. Considering all the above, have you ever thought about promoting your music on a popular streaming site, rather than JV? The reason is due to JV being a dead community.

Final thoughts: I think the Low End strings sounds better than the high-end strings, just because it sounds more dark and medieval. It really depends on what mood you're going for, for the songs. The first one, I'm assuming is the dark, low-end version in C Minor.

The second one, I'm assuming is the depressing, high-end version in F# Minor. Like I said man, it really depends on what your mood is for these songs. The way the key is composed, tells me right away that it's either a dark melody or a depressing melody. I think you're going for a more, dark version, so definitely go for the low-end, C Minor strings.

If you did compose these songs, then congratulations because I think you did a good job on both of them. First one sounds more classic, and the other one just reminds me of something else unique.

How I figured out the keys for these songs: https://getsongkey.com/tools/key-finder

1. Not really, I just compose on my own free time, despite the lack of said free time over the past year, which is why I haven't done much since casually putting out an EP out there on Youtube in March 2021 (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3413)

2. All original, I'm one of those weirdos using sheet music instead of DAWs. I don't have the knowledge nor the will to implement samples (or even sampled sound banks for that matter), I just use default digital instruments.

3. Whenever I used the official built-in site upload from the software I work with, I think it makes you select a copyright license, but I'd have to check for what I got on Youtube. Not sure if I went that far, especially since these 2 are just a quick upload.

4. All from Musescore.

5. Thought about it, but like Justin said, Soundcloud doesn't have much going on outside of EDM/Rap. No idea how streaming platforms operate, I don't even stream the stuff I listen to daily. Could check one day, I do want to finish this project one day after all, but for now I just have this one 16/17 minute EP. The main reason why I just leave stuff on here is because we're still a community and some people are likely to see it, it's a start for me if a few folks can enjoy it I guess ^^

As for the sound, they're both identical scores, I composed it in C Minor, which makes the contrabass go pretty much as low as normal play allows, but it does get a nice, rich sound whenever it hits. This intro is intended to set a dark beginning, kind of on the mysterious side of things. I like to see it as a bit unsettling in nature, and it's definitely achieving that a little more than higher in the spectrum with F# Minor, where the violin really shines through, though. But a few people have told me it gave a better soundscape, especially on headphones, so I wanted to throw this out for more opinions. If you say it's not a bad output in C, then that's what I was aiming for, yep
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Those low strings sound heavenly, I'd definitely go with that one.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
(24th August 2022, 3:21 AM)TRUC Wrote: 1. Not really, I just compose on my own free time, despite the lack of said free time over the past year, which is why I haven't done much since casually putting out an EP out there on Youtube in March 2021 (https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3413)

2. All original, I'm one of those weirdos using sheet music instead of DAWs. I don't have the knowledge nor the will to implement samples (or even sampled sound banks for that matter), I just use default digital instruments.

3. Whenever I used the official built-in site upload from the software I work with, I think it makes you select a copyright license, but I'd have to check for what I got on Youtube. Not sure if I went that far, especially since these 2 are just a quick upload.

4. All from Musescore.

5. Thought about it, but like Justin said, Soundcloud doesn't have much going on outside of EDM/Rap. No idea how streaming platforms operate, I don't even stream the stuff I listen to daily. Could check one day, I do want to finish this project one day after all, but for now I just have this one 16/17 minute EP. The main reason why I just leave stuff on here is because we're still a community and some people are likely to see it, it's a start for me if a few folks can enjoy it I guess ^^

As for the sound, they're both identical scores, I composed it in C Minor, which makes the contrabass go pretty much as low as normal play allows, but it does get a nice, rich sound whenever it hits. This intro is intended to set a dark beginning, kind of on the mysterious side of things. I like to see it as a bit unsettling in nature, and it's definitely achieving that a little more than higher in the spectrum with F# Minor, where the violin really shines through, though. But a few people have told me it gave a better soundscape, especially on headphones, so I wanted to throw this out for more opinions. If you say it's not a bad output in C, then that's what I was aiming for, yep

1. Interesting 🤔 You remind me of myself, doing this. I have a ton of musical works that I did on DAWs like FL Studio and others.

2. Nothing wrong with using sheet music. Though, I bet you'd have more fun, working in a DAW, instead. You have more freedom to create playlists for your instruments and such. Try FL Studio 21. It's free, but to save your work, you'll need to buy a license.

3. Yeah, definitely make sure you go as far as selecting a copyright, man. I won't do it, but I know someone on this site is looking for an opportunity to use free music. It'll be difficult to argue that in court because no one's ever heard it, before.

4. They sound awfully, familiar. I might look into them again.

5. Well, there's Spotify, Beatstars.com, Apple Music, Deezer, Pandora. I can tell you that with Spotify, you'll need a distributor like DistroKid for example. They serve as the middle man that can help you get your music into Spotify, plus there are no royalties, and you keep 100% ownership of your songs. Check'em out: DistroKid
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
(24th August 2022, 9:04 AM)Different Wrote: 5. Well, there's Spotify, Beatstars.com, Apple Music, Deezer, Pandora. I can tell you that with Spotify, you'll need a distributor like DistroKid for example. They serve as the middle man that can help you get your music into Spotify, plus there are no royalties, and you keep 100% ownership of your songs. Check'em out: DistroKid

Quickly checked a few of those I never heard of... and apparently Pandora is not available here because our country is not important enough. O Canada, eh. That was funny.
(25th August 2022, 5:10 AM)TRUC Wrote: Quickly checked a few of those I never heard of... and apparently Pandora is not available here because our country is not important enough. O Canada, eh. That was funny.

Spotify is the #1 bread winner, here. It should be available in all countries. Ofc, you'll need social media marketing and connections to get people to find you. I think they pay you per 1k streams or something like that. So, you'd have to do a boat load of streams to make a living off that, my friend.